Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 11:49 AM

2,385 posts, read 4,334,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
No, I said it's rude that his co-workers thought he was gay and I was agreeing that it is offensive to straight men to be assumed to be gay.

Gay men and straight men are two different types of people.
well...it's Texas. Having gaydar and minding their own business really isn't their forte.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 11:51 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
Yep they think any body that doesn't dress in church clothes on a daily basis is a gay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
well...it's Texas. Having gaydar and minding their own business really isn't their forte.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:30 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
I think keeping my mouth shut from now on may just be a better idea.
Very wise. Office gossip and rumor mongering will get you in trouble.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:33 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,034,911 times
You must not hit on enough of the women there. I suggest you start balling (basketball) and hit the weights. That will naturally get your libido up and that testosterone will make you mack those ladies whether you want to or not. Right now, you probably come off a lil too femmy...you know, like Pau Gasol.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:14 PM

1,006 posts, read 735,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
You must not hit on enough of the women there. I suggest you start balling (basketball) and hit the weights. That will naturally get your libido up and that testosterone will make you mack those ladies whether you want to or not. Right now, you probably come off a lil too femmy...you know, like Pau Gasol.
LOL, I get the sarcasm but I play basketball 3 times a week at Lifetime Fitness.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:29 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moddestmike View Post

Ladies, how would you define a guys as dressing gay?

Just to give you an idea of how I typically dress, I ususally wear a pair of slim/boot-cut Express jeans with an Express T-Shirt or Lacoste Polo, matching belt and a pair of Onitsuka Tigers (The colors on these shoes are sometimes wierd and I have just about all 68 pair).

Hmm... those are the liberace special edition backdoor sneakers. Those pants are the Greg LooseAnus dark water deep diver specials. No wonder the women all think you are gay.

Last edited by LaoTzuMindFu; 06-01-2009 at 01:49 PM..

Old 06-01-2009, 05:15 PM

9 posts, read 39,068 times
Wow, DaBeez....

"liberace," "backdoor", "LooseAnus", "deep diver"....

Your comment sounded like it was from a high school teenager, but then I saw your profile and from other people's comments, it seems like you're a father to at least one child?

I can only imagine how you might react, or what you might say, if you ever have a son who tells you that he is gay.

By the way, a lot of gay guys are masculine. I'm gay, but I'm not obsessed with fashion. I like to surf, work out at the gym, lift weights, work on my car, and play video games. I'm a member of the NRA and I like to shoot at the indoor shooting range.

If you have a rational and genuine reason why you're against homosexuality, then that's your right and that's perfectly fine. But at least be mature and respectful to others. I certainly am, to people like you.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:36 PM

22,189 posts, read 19,227,493 times
if women think you are gay, it is usually a compliment, in one of these areas.

You are a good listener and able to hold interesting conversations
They like hanging out with you and talking and think you are a great friend
You are considered sensitive about people's feelings
You dress really, really nice
You have a good eye for color, style in your clothing, in your home, in your office
You have excellent manners and are courteous and considerate
You have a great ass and look good in tight pants
You dance really, really well particularly in the hip movement department (there is a school of thought that gay men dance better and move their hips better, than straight men)

generally it has NOTHING to do with your actual sexuality if WOMEN think you are gay
now if MEN think you are gay and start hitting on you, then they probably find you attractive sexually

but if it's the women who think you are gay, it mostly means they find you an interesting person to hang out with "the ideal friend" type

Old 06-01-2009, 05:43 PM

22,189 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moddestmike View Post
My question is should I actually bring it to their attention that I'm not gay or just go on about my business
You don't have to tell anyone anything, it's none of their business.

Besides, as soon as you start denying something (anything), it just makes it sound like you are guilty of whatever you are denying. As in, "Methinks thou doth protest too much." As soon as you start saying "I'm not _____ " you are basically drawing attention to yourself and as good as announcing to the world that you are __________ .

Keep 'em guessing, it makes you attractive. You clearly have a sense of style and individuality, and it sounds like you enjoy life. Sounds to me like you'd have fun playing for either team, and could have your pick of partners!

Old 06-01-2009, 06:25 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_native_son View Post
Wow, DaBeez....

"liberace," "backdoor", "LooseAnus", "deep diver"....

Your comment sounded like it was from a high school teenager, but then I saw your profile and from other people's comments, it seems like you're a father to at least one child?

I can only imagine how you might react, or what you might say, if you ever have a son who tells you that he is gay.

By the way, a lot of gay guys are masculine. I'm gay, but I'm not obsessed with fashion. I like to surf, work out at the gym, lift weights, work on my car, and play video games. I'm a member of the NRA and I like to shoot at the indoor shooting range.

If you have a rational and genuine reason why you're against homosexuality, then that's your right and that's perfectly fine. But at least be mature and respectful to others. I certainly am, to people like you.
Oh lighten up!! I said nothing to make you think I a against homosexuality. I have lots of gay friends and was even best man at a good friends' gay wedding. Try not to be so sensitive. Im sure even YOU know those shoes look gay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships