Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 08:37 AM

22,182 posts, read 19,227,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
An ex girlfriend of mine had 42 pairs of shoes and at the time I thought that was alot....but 68 for a male, you should contact guinness book of world records.
no, there was a guy posting a while ago on a different thread who had over 120-something pairs. Remember the guy on this thread it was 68 pairs of just that one style, there are additional pairs on top of that. It's a fun thread to read if you can find the one where people on CD men and women both tell how many pairs of shoes they own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 08:39 AM

914 posts, read 1,806,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moddestmike View Post
I work in the IT department of a Houston oil company as a network engineer and with the exception of the Geophysics/Engineering Exploration floors, I'm generally in the presence of quite a few females old and young. Now word has gotten back to me that most women who have seen me believe that I'm gay because of the way that I dress and I keep my hair cut consistently. Turns out the chick that has everyone thinking this is a chick that saw me at a club with about 5 other females and no guys (she has also complained to me about her husband not wanting to sleep with her but i blew it off because of work that needed to be done). She assumed that since I came to the club with a group of women that I am gay which is weird, I would think it to be the opposite. Reason for me going out with this group of female companions was to celebrate me being free of an awful relationship I was in with a female from the Virgin Islands. I like to go out and have a good time dancing and the guys I hang around are all wall-flowers, I do have a gay friend that I go out with from time to time but that's just to hang out and talk, vent about work and relationship issues or just to chill.

My question is should I actually bring it to their attention that I'm not gay or just go on about my business and let them assume until they see me tonguing some chick down in a nightclub somewhere?

Ladies, how would you define a guys as dressing gay?

Just to give you an idea of how I typically dress, I ususally wear a pair of slim/boot-cut Express jeans with an Express T-Shirt or Lacoste Polo, matching belt and a pair of Onitsuka Tigers (The colors on these shoes are sometimes wierd and I have just about all 68 pair).

Those shoes are sick, i'd totally have sexual relations with you. Very hip sense of style.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:39 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,428,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
no, there was a guy posting a while ago on a different thread who had over 120-something pairs. Remember the guy on this thread it was 68 pairs of just that one style, there are additional pairs on top of that. It's a fun thread to read if you can find the one where people on CD men and women both tell how many pairs of shoes they own.
Yeah sounds interesting, but I always take it with a grain of salt. Not everything posted on an internet forum is true, could be a vicious rumour though!

Old 06-02-2009, 09:27 AM

1,006 posts, read 735,447 times
Guys for those speaking of depreciation and what not, these shoes are not being sold. I collect shoes to match what I wear. Its really not abnormal at all. It may be different but not abnormal. Like said, if it were truly a financial burden I wouldn't be buying them. The house note is paid, 401k contributions made and savings is taken care of before I purchase them and this is also over a period of 2-3 years so its not that much. About 15-20 pair a year. $68 is really chump change for a pair of tennis for a guy. Not sure where you folks are shopping.

I guarantee many spend more on Starbucks in a year than I do on shoes. Single with a decent income=me enjoying myself and my money while not being foolish.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:58 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moddestmike View Post
Guys for those speaking of depreciation and what not, these shoes are not being sold. I collect shoes to match what I wear. Its really not abnormal at all. It may be different but not abnormal. Like said, if it were truly a financial burden I wouldn't be buying them. The house note is paid, 401k contributions made and savings is taken care of before I purchase them and this is also over a period of 2-3 years so its not that much. About 15-20 pair a year. $68 is really chump change for a pair of tennis for a guy. Not sure where you folks are shopping.

I guarantee many spend more on Starbucks in a year than I do on shoes. Single with a decent income=me enjoying myself and my money while not being foolish.
Different priorities is all. I've owned maybe two or three pairs of shoes in my life that cost $75 or so, and I don't think I've ever owned any that cost $100 or more. Right now I own about 10 pairs of shoes. But then again I am married with children ... daycare costs about $1400 a month.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:01 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
You have heard of metrosexuals, right?

Metrosexual is a neologism of the 2000s generally applied to heterosexual men with a strong concern for their appearance, and/or a lifestyle that displays attributes stereotypically related to gay men.

Metrosexual - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'd like to know what about women thinking you're gay is most bothersome to you? Are you afraid that they see you as weak and effeminate?
I meant to point out yesterday that while "metrosexual" is a new word, it's just the new word for a fop or dandy. Those are great words! Let's not let them die!

Old 06-02-2009, 10:39 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuteishungry View Post
Those shoes are sick, i'd totally have sexual relations with you. Very hip sense of style.
So thats what I need to do hey Tutie????????Go buy me a bunch of shoes? The way to Tuties heart is thru the feet?

Old 06-02-2009, 10:46 AM

914 posts, read 1,806,992 times
Dan, we're talking about sex things here, not a ring on the finger.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:08 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuteishungry View Post
Dan, we're talking about sex things here, not a ring on the finger.
Well I didnt think I could say " the way to Tuties Love Muffin" was thru the feet!!!!!!

Old 06-02-2009, 12:13 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
If you wear a brand of clothing that is traditionally for women, if you own 68 pairs of the same style shoes, then in most of America you are probably going to have to deal with questions about your sexuality.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing! Add in the metrosexual jeans and the designer polo shirts, going to a bar with a gaggle of gals, and also hanging out with a gay man and, well... I'd think he was gay, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships