Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 08:37 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
as i said before, i think my major problem is that i think i have a problem with my brain, and once this is addressed everything else falls into place.
You think? But you've never sought a diagnosis for this perceived problem? And you assume that once this is addressed everything else might fall into place? What on earth are you waiting for, the second Coming?

Old 06-04-2009, 09:02 AM

55 posts, read 88,270 times
You should have respect for your father and not speak to him that way but as far as giving him money... That's up to you. If he was not a good father then I don't see why you should have to help him or if you're having trouble yourself with money then you shouldn't have to help him. It sounds to me like either your father loves you and wants to have a good relationship with you or he's trying to use you (which I've seen happen with my friends and their parents). You have to figure out which one it is.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:18 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,382,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws917 View Post
There are at least two sides to every story. It would be fascinating to hear what his parents have to say, wouldn't it?
I agree there are two sides to every story.

but this does not mean in disputes/disagreements, one party is more culpable.

My side is that they wanted their son to get harassed. Most decent people would say that no parent should wish this on their child.

Now, what is their side? they used to say i didnt talk much, but did they seek to resolve the problem, or ascertain why? they used to say that when i was a 14 year old i was a terror (yep, so being disrespectful, curt, and a general tearaway is not normal teenage behavior...)

i'm asking the mods to close the thread, after i receive a reply from colossus. there is not much left to discuss.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
You think? But you've never sought a diagnosis for this perceived problem? And you assume that once this is addressed everything else might fall into place? What on earth are you waiting for, the second Coming?

yes, i do think.

look at it this way - people who know me would say i'm slow and i always am the last to know things. i think also this problem stops me from making as many friends as i should. sometimes i chat with people and run out of things to say, ask a lot of closed questions and i bet the other person is always thinking "lmao! boring ****."

so it's not just self-pity, i am helping myself.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:34 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times
Quote:
yes, i do think.

look at it this way - people who know me would say i'm slow and i always am the last to know things. i think also this problem stops me from making as many friends as i should. sometimes i chat with people and run out of things to say, ask a lot of closed questions and i bet the other person is always thinking "lmao! boring ****."

so it's not just self-pity, i am helping myself.
Then again isn't it possible that your social ineptness might stem from being very self-centered and thus having no real interest in anyone else? In that case it wouldn't be a neurological disorder. That said, the question still begs why, if you think it's a neurological disorder, you wouldn't consult someone in that field to find out, particularly when you believe everything else will fall into place once that's "fixed."

You've pretty much summarily rejected the opinions of those who've answered your question - and it WAS you who posed a question in the first place. Good luck.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:38 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,425,022 times
Think part of his problem is he is not willing to listen and take on board what people advise him. Have you ever seen anyone about your proposed neurological disorder samston? or is it a case of self diagnosis?

Old 06-04-2009, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Then again isn't it possible that your social ineptness might stem from being very self-centered and thus having no real interest in anyone else? In that case it wouldn't be a neurological disorder. That said, the question still begs why, if you think it's a neurological disorder, you wouldn't consult someone in that field to find out, particularly when you believe everything else will fall into place once that's "fixed."

You've pretty much summarily rejected the opinions of those who've answered your question - and it WAS you who posed a question in the first place. Good luck.
I don't perceive myself to be self-centred.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Think part of his problem is he is not willing to listen and take on board what people advise him. Have you ever seen anyone about your proposed neurological disorder samston? or is it a case of self diagnosis?
Which advice is this?

i have listened and acted accordingly.

i am not angry, why should i be?

as for neurological disorder, well yes i do think i have one. Unless you think people aged 28 only get to know that one must have a life plan, while people generally learn this in their mid to late teens, this is not a symptom of a neurological problem?

Old 06-04-2009, 03:20 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Quote:
as for neurological disorder, well yes i do think i have one. Unless you think people aged 28 only get to know that one must have a life plan, while people generally learn this in their mid to late teens, this is not a symptom of a neurological problem?
Dude, you confuse me more than the Czechoslovakian puzzle. You know I still haven't figured out the Balkan/Serbian politics right.

READ: You do NOT have a neurological problem. You are just valetudinarian about it. Spend some time to read about what the problem really is - you won't be posting here at all, if you had one.

Quote:
My side is that they wanted their son to get harassed. Most decent people would say that no parent should wish this on their child.

Now, what is their side? they used to say i didnt talk much, but did they seek to resolve the problem, or ascertain why? they used to say that when i was a 14 year old i was a terror (yep, so being disrespectful, curt, and a general tearaway is not normal teenage behavior...)
For the millionth time, Sam, no details, but the same allegation.

14 year old problems are 14 years ago, man. I know gentlemen who were Holocaust victims. They have a right to lament on lost childhood. You'd be surprised, they are happy and well-organized today, after such immeasurable strife in their youth.

I asked about your weight because being overweight can be bullied upon, chided by parents, scorned at in society and can lead to such exact restlessness which you possess. Many of the obese young men I have met are extremely childish at heart and it's the insecurity caused by their appearance which puts them at "harm's way". But not all of them, but a majority of them tend to be insecure children at heart.

Old 06-04-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Dude, you confuse me more than the Czechoslovakian puzzle. You know I still haven't figured out the Balkan/Serbian politics right.

READ: You do NOT have a neurological problem. You are just valetudinarian about it. Spend some time to read about what the problem really is - you won't be posting here at all, if you had one.
i don't believe you. i don't want to be mentally slow, and a quiet goof who says nothing in social situations. who are YOU to stop me? Hmmmm?

Quote:
For the millionth time, Sam, no details, but the same allegation.
OK, so being threatened with being beaten up by big men simply for looking at them as a child is not something to feel bad about? Hmmm? Is there a logical reason why this is ever acceptable?

Well?

You can say "grow up and overcome it" all you want, but to most decent people this is unacceptable behavior.
Quote:
14 year old problems are 14 years ago, man. I know gentlemen who were Holocaust victims. They have a right to lament on lost childhood. You'd be surprised, they are happy and well-organized today, after such immeasurable strife in their youth.

I asked about your weight because being overweight can be bullied upon, chided by parents, scorned at in society and can lead to such exact restlessness which you possess. Many of the obese young men I have met are extremely childish at heart and it's the insecurity caused by their appearance which puts them at "harm's way". But not all of them, but a majority of them tend to be insecure children at heart.
what?

if you had an overweight child, you would condone they would be bullied? lol... ok.

You may think i am being overly angry, but i hold a right to be. my own parents and society thought i had a right to be harassed, when society says kids are so sweet. i bet YOU say so! lol.

Does my "hatred" of my parents make me a bad person? Who is bad in this life? it's shades of grey, not black and white. I'll tell you what i have done today - get up from bed, dress for work, take a taxi to work, spend from 8am to 4pm at work, come home, undress and go online.

Any "unethical" acts during my day? Or at least any act widely deemed by US society to be unethical. NOPE.

I bet there are people who post here very frequently who do, and perhaps have done, things are lot worse than i do in a given day. Hmm... real rational of you people, huh?

this thread has run its course, i don't want to comment any more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships