Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 06:19 PM

10,833 posts, read 14,930,697 times

Advertisements

He wants sex so he holds out the hope you crave.

Won't marry of course but the sex will make up for it. In his eyes anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 08:45 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,778,724 times
In my expereince, most guys tend to just say what they mean. Women often tend to lean more towards expressing meaning through non verbal communication regardless of what is begin said. ("When I said it was fine for you to go to London wihtout me, that meant that you were supposed to stay home becasue you could not stand to be away from me for so long").

Becasue of this, women often read too much into what a guy says, or try to analyze what he meant by what he says, when he simply meant what he said. In short, as someone said earlier. It probably means exactly what he said. He thinks that he will get married someday. He thinks that you could possibly be "the one" but he is not certain of either yet.

Or maybe he IS a player. But if you have gone to this stage of conversation, you obviously must know him well enough to figure that out by now.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:46 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,936,355 times
In my experience guys don't mean what they say......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
In my expereince, most guys tend to just say what they mean. Women often tend to lean more towards expressing meaning through non verbal communication regardless of what is begin said. ("When I said it was fine for you to go to London wihtout me, that meant that you were supposed to stay home becasue you could not stand to be away from me for so long").

Becasue of this, women often read too much into what a guy says, or try to analyze what he meant by what he says, when he simply meant what he said. In short, as someone said earlier. It probably means exactly what he said. He thinks that he will get married someday. He thinks that you could possibly be "the one" but he is not certain of either yet.

Or maybe he IS a player. But if you have gone to this stage of conversation, you obviously must know him well enough to figure that out by now.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:38 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,512,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post

Bringing up "marriage" is a slippery slope topic. Women are told to avoid talking about it, because men want to avoid marriage. Women are told if they talk about marriage, they will scare the guy off, or look desperate. So this clown brings it up, and even personalizes it with her in it.

She should have said right back, "Oh, it's far too soon for either of us to talk about marriage in this relationship, I am surprised you did." Then let him do the wondering...

Old 06-15-2009, 10:57 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,936,355 times
Well then don't talk about marriage, talk about serious dating, then talk about long term relationships, then when all that works out, then talk about marriage....etc. Is it that difficult?

Marriage doesn't mean some wonderful amazing thing either. Just look at all the people in horrible marriages and divorce struggles. Do you want that to happen to you?

Old 06-15-2009, 11:00 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,512,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Well then don't talk about marriage, talk about serious dating, then talk about long term relationships, then when all that works out, then talk about marriage....etc. Is it that difficult?

Marriage doesn't mean some wonderful amazing thing either. Just look at all the people in horrible marriages and divorce struggles. Do you want that to happen to you?

Been there, done that. I just want a geniune person to date.
Not like the guys who have sent me their phone numbers off dating sites, and can barely carry on a conversation.

I think the geniune guys are all gone.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:13 AM

1,293 posts, read 3,189,260 times
The bitterness, negative conclusions, and outright lunacy of this thread still astonishes me, even after what I've seen so far.

Nobody can tell you for sure Yoyogirl, you'd have to be there when he said it. He could be saying it simply because it's what he wants, and is trying after a bit now to voice this to her, hoping she might be hoping the same, nothing more.

Then again, it might be him trying to loosen her up around him to get sex, who knows?

This is about as vague as it gets. It's like seeing something from the beach on the horizon and asking a hundred people what it is without the benefit of binoculars or anything else.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:15 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,724,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyogirl View Post
They've been seeing each other for a few months. There's obviously chemistry between them. He's talkiing about his plans to get married in a few years. Then he says "Maybe to you?"

What does that mean? He really sees her as a potential wife? Or just blowing smoke? Thanks!
It sounds like verbal diarrhea to me.

Old 06-15-2009, 12:02 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,029,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
The bitterness, negative conclusions, and outright lunacy of this thread still astonishes me, even after what I've seen so far.

Nobody can tell you for sure Yoyogirl, you'd have to be there when he said it. He could be saying it simply because it's what he wants, and is trying after a bit now to voice this to her, hoping she might be hoping the same, nothing more.

Then again, it might be him trying to loosen her up around him to get sex, who knows?

This is about as vague as it gets. It's like seeing something from the beach on the horizon and asking a hundred people what it is without the benefit of binoculars or anything else.
It's a shark, right? It is!!! Tell me it's a shark! See - I knew it ... it's a shark!!!!!

Old 06-15-2009, 12:35 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,189,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
It's a shark, right? It is!!! Tell me it's a shark! See - I knew it ... it's a shark!!!!!
Somebody's been watching Jaws re-runs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships