Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2009, 05:21 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,421,415 times

Advertisements

No pity. Horribly self distructive to them and their kids.

And I never understood men that want to "rescue" these types of women.

Old 11-06-2009, 05:25 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,695,044 times
Hell no.

Old 11-07-2009, 01:26 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,876,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
No pity. Horribly self destructive to them and their kids.

And I never understood men that want to "rescue" these types of women.
You're confusing this with politicians who got caught hiring a hooker. Suddenly they find god and were only trying to rescue the poor girl from the gutter. Usually their wife supports them in their missionary (position) work, too.

No. Women with 8 kids from 7 different daddies find "men" who are as close to useless as there is. They need a warm bed and a fridge to keep their Bud cold. A TV is nice too, since the taverns can get boring if they get there too early. If this results in kid # 9, they may not know his name - or be willing to give it to the welfare agency. (In one case I audited many years ago, she could only remember that he regularly wore a green hat. Round up the usual suspects and take their DNA!)

Old 11-07-2009, 05:41 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,327,022 times
In a way, for this is a woman who has made incredibly stupid choices in her life.

Mind you, any woman can get pregnant by accident once. But more than once? C'mon. You would have to be the biggest idiot on the planet to get knocked up a second time by accident while chasing a good time.

The way I see it, I planned our family with my wife. When I was single, I took all the necessary precautions. So why should I, as a taxpayer, have to foot the bill for the gross irresponsibility of millions of men and women who think the state should subsidize their stupidity?

Old 11-07-2009, 06:51 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,421,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
You're confusing this with politicians who got caught hiring a hooker. Suddenly they find god and were only trying to rescue the poor girl from the gutter. Usually their wife supports them in their missionary (position) work, too.
That's not what I meant at all. I'm speaking of men that hook up with them to try to be the good guy and the hero for rescuing the damsel in distress with the thought that his deed was so great that she'd love him forever.

Makes me think of a coworker that hooked up with one and married her after two months. He bought her story that she was a good girl now and through with the drugs and drama. They even had a baby boy. She stuck around for a year and then went on with her usual path and cheated and became pregnant from another man and then just took off with that guy.

He was left stuck with all the debt she occured and ended up losing everything and became the single dad that had to move back in with his parents. That poor child of his took it very hard when mommy just took off and abandoned him.

Old 11-07-2009, 06:56 AM

1,602 posts, read 4,172,863 times
I don't take pity for the mother, but perhaps for that child.

I used to work with a girl who had 4 kids by 4 fathers, and none she ever married. lol !!! I remember I was close with her at one time and she said, "Chris and I decided not to use anything anymore, we've been dating a year now". Good way to trap a guy.

It seems very irresponsible to me, not caring about that child's future or your own. Gross.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:03 AM

750 posts, read 1,927,229 times
No Pity and not a Ho, just stupid. With all the birth control around and the assistance with funding it is just plain stupid to continue to get pregnant. One mistake should be all it takes to make someone realize that they can get pregnant from certain behavior.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:57 AM

13 posts, read 24,401 times
It seems to me that there is a LOT of stereotyping on this thread.

Just because a woman has multiple "baby daddies" DOES NOT automatically mean she is collecting welfare benefits! It also DOES NOT automatically mean that the babies were born out of wedlock!

Interesting blog from the perspective of a mother in the situation:
Multiple Kids and Multiple Fathers | Socyberty

Last edited by eastcoastgirl75; 11-10-2009 at 10:24 AM..

Old 11-10-2009, 10:01 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,690,477 times
I did get a kick out of the one lady who gave birth to fraternal twins, each having a different father. I thought that only occurred in the dog world.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:25 AM

943 posts, read 2,288,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moddestmike View Post
Just a question because I was called an ******* for not feeling sorry for a few women I know who have made poor choices and birth multiple kids by multiple men. Its always been a rule for me to not date women with kids and i cant see how having multiple children by multiple men was ever a good idea. Discuss.
I really do not understand that "lifestyle"

I used birth control faithfully even though I was in committed relationship because I was too sick and broke to take care of a child. Was also mostly infertile as well, but was not going to leave something like that up to CHANCE.

What leads people to have children they can barely take care of?

Do these women LIKE having adding responsiblities and living lives having to take care of so many children ALONE?

I cant figure it out. One or two accidents with birth control, it can fail, ok, Ill accept that, but over and over and over again?

I have been poor my whole adult life, but do not "get this".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships