Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2009, 05:13 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,133,511 times

Advertisements

No pity from me. There's a term we use for those kinds of women and that's HO. Any woman who allows herself to be knocked up by several guys is just that, a HO.

Old 11-01-2009, 07:54 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,869,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I only take pity on those who try do everything right but only wrong happens to them. After the first man walks, she gets pity - happens. For the woman with multiple baby daddies (is that even a word?) who should have figured it out after the first one, I reserve the phrase: "Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me."
Unfortunately, once she's been "fooled" there are few men available who are not of the same type. That's just the way it is and my pity won't change it.

The question is how do you get this fact across to young women? Having one or more children doesn't make you more desirable. A ready made family is not a selling point.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:11 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,410,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moddestmike View Post
Just a question because I was called an ******* for not feeling sorry for a few women I know who have made poor choices and birth multiple kids by multiple men. Its always been a rule for me to not date women with kids and i cant see how having multiple children by multiple men was ever a good idea. Discuss.
I'm the wrong person to respond, I always feel sorry for everyone. Some people just have poor judgement that never goes away, those kind of people are worth feeling sorry for.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:18 AM

748 posts, read 1,316,603 times
NO PITTY FROM ME!!!! as hard hearted as it sounds, there is nothing that will make me feel sorry for someone who makes the same mistake more than once. This including my sister, who has 2 kids from 2 different fathers, she is only 24, and they are not even contributing to the care of my nieces.
In this day and age, the one that gets pregnant "by mistake" is because she is really, REALLY stupid or she really wanted it... there is NO excuse for not carrying condoms with you, or for not using birth control.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:31 AM

22,413 posts, read 29,564,252 times
No pity from me..Close your legs or use a condom..

Old 11-02-2009, 09:42 AM

36,751 posts, read 31,049,568 times
I dont have pity for them. Grown women with choices same as myself. Believe it or not most of the women I know with multiple children by different fathers were actually married to the fathers.

I also know several men that have children by multiple girls, so it is not just the women.

With all the available bc and education, I just think it is very sad that people arent more intelligent when it comes to reproduction.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:59 AM

1,817 posts, read 6,871,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moddestmike View Post
Just a question because I was called an ******* for not feeling sorry for a few women I know who have made poor choices and birth multiple kids by multiple men. Its always been a rule for me to not date women with kids and i cant see how having multiple children by multiple men was ever a good idea. Discuss.
I know a woman who has two children by two fathers. She was married to both men and they are both garbage.

Sure we can blame her or put the blame where it really belongs, on the men.

She works, attends school and takes care of her children.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:29 AM

2,754 posts, read 6,110,325 times
Unwed Women who have kids just because they can, or out of some deluded, sad, idea that caring for a little one will somehow elevate them from their drab existence and erase memories of their broken homes, are a huge part of what's wrong with society today. Any socioloogist or psychologist--or criminlogist for that matter--will tell you that most societal ills, like crime and gang activity and poverty are spurred by the breakdown of the traditional nuclear family.
These women simply, selfishly, add to that cycle: their kidd grows up in a disjointed and usually dysfunctional home, turns to the streets, and then, depending on gender, either spawns or births another kid out of wedlock, since this seems the normal way for them.
The cycle continues.......
And we, the taxpayers, usually pay for it.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:14 AM

2,702 posts, read 6,041,896 times
No, No, & No.

I look at it like that line from that Michael Jackson song: "If you can't feed your baby, (yea yea), then don't have a baby (yea yea), & don't think "maybe" (yea yea), if you can't feed your baby (yea yea)..."

from Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'

Old 11-03-2009, 09:53 AM

13 posts, read 24,382 times
I've mentored a lot of single moms (many with multiple baby daddies), and a common theme seemed to be lack of a father in their own childhood and/or sexual abuse. Many of them grew up with a distorted view of men and love.

I really try not to be judgmental.

I have a good friend (a guy) who was always really judgmental against women with multiple baby daddies. He is 35 & never married with no kids. He recently found out his girlfriend is pregnant by him, she already has a kid from her marriage, and she is not divorced from her ex-husband yet! Now he is shacking up with the girlfriend and her daughter, waiting on her divorce so he can marry her. So in a way he is contributing to it himself Boy did he fall hard from his pedestal!

When are we going to start holding men more accountable, as opposed to automatically assuming the worst about the women?

Last edited by eastcoastgirl75; 11-03-2009 at 10:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships