Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 09:02 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,082,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
How come single mothers can bust their ass working 2 and 3 jobs while trying to raise a family alone, and not get praised, thanked, or any type of recognition for doing and trying their best, but when a single father does it, he gets all kinds of 'oooooooh's and ahhhhh's' from folks like he's doing something out of the extraordinary.........
Again, I'll chock this up to residual instincts. Women have just always been expected to be the caregivers for the young.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
To me its a double standard because "gang bang" and "train being ran on her" have negative connotations and '3-some' does not. Regardless of the fact that its 2 men and 1 woman or 2 women and 1 man, its still 3 people involved, therefore, its a 3-some.
I guess it's perspective. I never considered them to be negative connotations.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:09 PM

709 posts, read 1,768,124 times
Quote:
Why is it during 3-somes with a man and 2 women, its called just that...'a 3-some'...but when its a woman and 2 men, its called a GANG BANG or stated how a 'train' was ran on the female?
I would only consider sex between 2 women and 1 man to be a gang bang, if both women strapped on a d.i.l.d.o and took turns sticking it up the guy's anus.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:21 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,197,910 times
Wow, how come the oldest one in the book isn't here yet?

he is a player
she is a slu*t

Old 06-11-2009, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Wow, how come the oldest one in the book isn't here yet?

he is a player
she is a slu*t
It was in the first post.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:56 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,670,442 times
Quote:
Name some double standards that make you raise an eyebrow or two when it comes to male and female relationships..

For instance, these are two that make me raise an eyebrow:

Why is it when a man has multiple sex partners, he's considered 'the man', 'a big pimp', whereas he's put up on a pedestal and admired for his actions, however when a woman has multiple sex partners, she's considered a ho...a real life Jezebel?

Why is it during 3-somes with a man and 2 women, its called just that...'a 3-some'...but when its a woman and 2 men, its called a GANG BANG or stated how a 'train' was ran on the female?
I am no expert, but maybe the threesome with a man and two women involves concurrent sexual activity between the three participants, while I train is simply one guy following the other in activity with the woman without any contact between the multiple participants.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
three women get up an go the bathroom together to "freshen up", three men get up and go to the bathroom together to 'get high"
Three men don't get up and go to the bathroom together............

Old 06-11-2009, 07:59 AM

Quote:
To me its a double standard because "gang bang" and "train being ran on her" have negative connotations and '3-some' does not. Regardless of the fact that its 2 men and 1 woman or 2 women and 1 man, its still 3 people involved, therefore, its a 3-some.

When a train is run on a woman, it usually involves more than two guys and, again, they are not having sex with her at the same time.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:32 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,649,066 times
Quote:
Why is it when a man has multiple sex partners, he's considered 'the man', 'a big pimp', whereas he's put up on a pedestal and admired for his actions, however when a woman has multiple sex partners, she's considered a ho...a real life Jezebel?
This one is not as true as it used to be. Nowadays, you'll hear people calling it empowerment if a woman sleeps around like a man. Shows like Sex & The City prove this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
LOL I saw a doozey on here earlier; Single men cherish their freedom and that's ok--ok, we can all agree on that, if that's what he wants, but if a woman is single too long, there's something wrong with her.
I know which post you're referring to. You'll rarely hear this said about a man.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:40 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,649,066 times
A couple more double standards to add to the list:

A man who's driven is called ambitious. A woman who's driven is called power hungry and if she has kids, she's often made to feel like a bad mother for wanting a career too.

A man can swear like a truck driver and get away with it. A woman who does it is called unlady-like.

A woman who sleeps with a married man is a homewrecker. A man who sleeps with a married woman is...Russell Crowe.

A man who rejects a woman because of her looks is called shallow. A woman who rejects a man because he doesn't make enough money...well, I rarely hear her being called shallow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships