Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2009, 04:59 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,196,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Wow, thank you for a discusion and not an attack. No, a post in a chat room will never tell the whole story.

I guess tall guys (and NOT ALL tall guys) just ...I don't know, had a swagger that I found obnoxious...and look at what importance IS placed on tall men...so their ..errrr, personality semed to be centered on height rather than character..
Might have been your perception in certain cases. As I said, I don't really see it. I tend to note far more aggression from those that are shorter, as they feel they need to prove something extra. That stereotype in conjunction with usually being more intense, rather than laid-back I've noted.

Quote:
"""It does ring a bit more like a subconscious dominance thing where you perceive someone taller to be more threatening, rather than anything they might have thought or even acted.""

That could be turned around to be from a male perspective,too. Maybe I didn't like that they thought they had to be taller....
I know of no man I've ever known to turn down a woman based on her being taller. It's just an fairly insane rarity once you get to that height, in my area anyhow.
Quote:
and I preferred more self-confident men who didn't worry about junk like that...............
This thread should be proof positive that it IS thought about and worried about in at least a minor sense, as to how much credence you give it is up the individual. Same as anything else of fairly superficial quality, but still seen as genetically desirable overall.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:34 PM

24,644 posts, read 38,751,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Eh, if bigger guys didn't think that they could get away with physical aggression towards a smaller guy, there wouldn't be a need for a physical response from the shorter guy. Short guys WILL tear you up!
The last short guy who assaulted me ended up in the hospital.

Ever heard of the orange juice squeezer?

Old 06-21-2009, 08:15 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,164,372 times
There's a guy I am kind of interested right now who is probably about 5'6 (I am 5'8). I wouldn't have any qualms about dating him.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:18 PM

19,008 posts, read 29,814,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
The last short guy who assaulted me ended up in the hospital.

Ever heard of the orange juice squeezer?
Did he bring you a get-well-soon bouquet?

Old 06-21-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Did he bring you a get-well-soon bouquet?
We both ended up in the emergency room. The fight started when he attacked me outside a McDonalds. ("Hey Chubby. Get outta my way.) I jawed back at him, he punched me in the face, causing my head to strike a wall, cutting my mouth and the back of my head. He was a very aggressive, short guy, maybe 5-6, but prison buff. I was a big, round dude, but fairly decent in grappling. He charged me again, I picked him up and smashed him against his windshield. Then I grabbed him again, lifted him up and smashed his abdomen six times over the top of a fire hydrant. I'd like to think his internal injuries were, in terms of severity, a bit more problematic than my facial and cranial cuts.

Thanks for your concern though.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:22 AM

18,257 posts, read 14,491,733 times
Quote:
We both ended up in the emergency room. The fight started when he attacked me outside a McDonalds. ("Hey Chubby. Get outta my way.) I jawed back at him, he punched me in the face, causing my head to strike a wall, cutting my mouth and the back of my head. He was a very aggressive, short guy, maybe 5-6, but prison buff. I was a big, round dude, but fairly decent in grappling. He charged me again, I picked him up and smashed him against his windshield. Then I grabbed him again, lifted him up and smashed his abdomen six times over the top of a fire hydrant. I'd like to think his internal injuries were, in terms of severity, a bit more problematic than my facial and cranial cuts.

Great story. Now someone should start a thread about guys in fights. Something like "My brother in law looked at me dirty and I had to kick his as*". Great reads .

Old 06-22-2009, 02:07 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,577,547 times
My guy is 5'6. Is that short? Pretty much?

Old 06-22-2009, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Great story. Now someone should start a thread about guys in fights. Something like "My brother in law looked at me dirty and I had to kick his as*". Great reads .
I can't even front. I used to love to fight. Only reason I don't do it now is that I'm an old soccer dad. I will say truthfully that I never started a fight in my life. People always used to think I was easy because I had a kind look to me, which in the hood (and outside it) is considered a sign of weakness. I had to fight early on and often.

Old 06-22-2009, 06:32 AM

19,008 posts, read 29,814,934 times
Quote:

Are you guys professional wrestlers?

Old 06-22-2009, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Are you guys professional wrestlers?
That incident was for real. No rasslin' involved.

I used to be part of that world though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships