Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2010, 12:39 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,769,198 times

Advertisements

My husband is 5'7"....I'm 5'9"......it has NEVER been a problem.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:49 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,897,652 times
Please discuss the topic - not each other. Thank you.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:37 AM

1,187 posts, read 2,395,344 times
It is NOT a blessing to be tall. I am 6 - 2 and I need a riding crop to keep the lassies off! As a result, I am shallow, callous and mostly indifferent to which woman I date for long. This makes me even MORE attractive since women go crazy too for that aloof, emotionally unavailable status that comes with being tall. Once in a while, a really hot tall blonde will make me go nutso, I loose my cool and then get heartbroken then its back to the real tall emotionally tightened me.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:23 AM

23 posts, read 34,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwaggy View Post
It is NOT a blessing to be tall. I am 6 - 2 and I need a riding crop to keep the lassies off! As a result, I am shallow, callous and mostly indifferent to which woman I date for long. This makes me even MORE attractive since women go crazy too for that aloof, emotionally unavailable status that comes with being tall. Once in a while, a really hot tall blonde will make me go nutso, I loose my cool and then get heartbroken then its back to the real tall emotionally tightened me.
Dude, you are seriously overdo for a reality check. IF any of that is true then it is NOT because you are 6'2". Many men are much taller than you and can't even buy a date, at least not from an attractive woman. Assuming you are attractive and carry yourself a certain way then perhaps it is that far more than your height that attracts women. I probably wouldn't look at you twice. "Aloof, emotionally unavailable status that comes with being tall". Why do some of you men think that everybody's impressed with your height. That sounds like a serious "Napoleon Complex" that many tall men have. And just because people are looking that doesn't always mean that they are liking what they see. Your statement makes it look like you think that any guy who is 6-2 needs a riding crop to keep the lassies off and that's why it's not a blessing. Oh brother.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:31 AM

23 posts, read 34,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortMan's advantage View Post
You say Sly Stone is a notable exception? Then you must not be aware of Chuck Norris 5'8"; Jean Claude Van Damme 5'9"; Mel Gibson 5'10"; Jackie Chan 5'8"; Jet Li 5'6" ; Wesley Snipes 5'8"; Bruce Lee 5'7" ; Tom Cruise 5'7" (Last Samauri; Mission Impossible; etc.); Matt Damon 5'10" (Born Identity series); Mark Wahlberg 5'7" (The Shooter, Planet of the Apes, Red Zone); Toby McGuire 5'7" (Spiderman) and there are MANY more...NONE of the above is "over 6ft" ...and none of them are Japanese.

There are enough "exceptions" to disprove the rule. Certainly MORE action stars are over 6' but the ones listed above are some of the most notable. Action stars like Dolph Lundgren are actually B or C list at best. Arnold Swartzenegger, Clint Eastwood are notable A list actors over 6 feet. But if you compare ONLY the true "A" list actors who are legitimate "action stars" the results will not only illustrate that Sylvester Stallone is not an exception to the "rule" but that this "rule" of most actions stars being over 6' is not actually a "rule" at all.
You make a good point. And looking at this list. And now that I think about it, I believe that most of the A list action stars are under 6 ft. Most of them are. Now when I think of the A list action stars then I can't think to too many who are over 6 ft other than Steven Segal. There are many other top action stars like Jason Stathman who are also under 6 feet. I can think of many other action stars from different movies but if you're talking about true A list stars then not to many come to mind who are over 6 ft. I believe there may be more who are shorter than there are who are taller. Never thought about that one before.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:01 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,882,350 times
70 posts on this issue lol .. on the 100th i'll mark it as a shortman's tall hopes day

Old 04-28-2010, 06:27 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Sarah F View Post
Why do some of you men think that everybody's impressed with your height. That sounds like a serious "Napoleon Complex" that many tall men have.
Quote:
Now when I think of the A list action stars then I can't think to too many who are over 6 ft other than Steven Segal.
Two things:
  • "Napoleon complex" refers to short men, not tall men. It's an inferiority complex that some short guys have. (Napoleon was a short man.)
  • Steven Segal is not an A list actor, even in the action movie genre. Better examples would be Christian Bale (6' - Batman, Terminator), Liam Neeson (6'4" - Taken, Star Wars), or John Cusack (6'3" - Thin Red Line, 2012).

Old 04-28-2010, 09:44 PM

42 posts, read 79,290 times
I am fully cognizant of who Napoleon was and this alleged "complex" that he supposedly had. It is based upon assumptions that people tend to make when a man is both short and ambitious. A tall man can have the exact same attitudes, desires, goals and even insecurities and people don't call it a "complex". Many tall men are aggressive just because they are aggressive, many short men are aggressive for the exact same reason. I've always found these amateur psychologists to be laughable in making this assumption. I meant exactly what I said when I wrote "That sounds like a serious "Napoleon Complex" that many tall men have."

To begin with, having studied my history I don't believe that Napoleon had a height complex at all any moreso than Alexander the Great; Julius Caesar; Ghengis Khan or any of the other military conquerors. They all certainly had issues though but assumptions are often made about Napoleon just because he was short. I feel that quite often people are just covering up their own personal insecurities when they even use that term.

Last edited by ShortMan's advantage; 04-28-2010 at 10:05 PM..

Old 04-28-2010, 10:01 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,404,454 times
Quote:
Dude, you are seriously overdo for a reality check. IF any of that is true then it is NOT because you are 6'2". Many men are much taller than you and can't even buy a date, at least not from an attractive woman. Assuming you are attractive and carry yourself a certain way then perhaps it is that far more than your height that attracts women. I probably wouldn't look at you twice. "Aloof, emotionally unavailable status that comes with being tall". Why do some of you men think that everybody's impressed with your height. That sounds like a serious "Napoleon Complex" that many tall men have. And just because people are looking that doesn't always mean that they are liking what they see. Your statement makes it look like you think that any guy who is 6-2 needs a riding crop to keep the lassies off and that's why it's not a blessing. Oh brother.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortMan's advantage View Post
I am fully cognizant of who Napoleon was and this alleged "complex" that he supposedly had. It is based upon assumptions that people tend to make when a man is both short and ambitious. A tall man can have the exact same attitudes, desires, goals and even insecurities and people don't call it a "complex". Many tall men are aggressive just because they are aggressive, many short men are aggressive for the exact same reason. I've always found these amateur psychologists to be laughable in making this assumption. I meant exactly what I said when I wrote That sounds like a serious "Napoleon Complex" that many tall men have.

To begin with, having studied my history I don't believe that Napoleon had a height complex at all any moreso than Alexander the Great; Julius Caesar; Ghengis Khan or any of the other military conquerors. They all certainly had issues though but assumptions are often made about Napoleon just because he was short.
Call me crazy, but I thought it was "Sarah" who made that statement, not you? Or did I overlook your statement/post?

Old 04-28-2010, 10:24 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,731,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Call me crazy, but I thought it was "Sarah" who made that statement, not you? Or did I overlook your statement/post?
Dr Jekyll and Miss Hyde "must" agree with one another. Don't sabotage the plot now, LMAO, hehe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships