Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2010, 01:56 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,315,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Like food. It's both a "four letter" word, and an "F" word.
Come to think of it, "food" IS a four-letter word in Antlered's vocabulary! That’s not exactly what I had in mind, though…

Old 04-02-2010, 07:45 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,042,943 times
What does 'F' have to do with being tall or short?

Most men add inches to their height. I can stand next to a guy who swears he's 5'10 - I'm about 5'10 - and he'll be shorter than me. Even so, he's still adamant that he's 5'10. lol. Idiots.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:24 PM

73,235 posts, read 62,923,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
What does 'F' have to do with being tall or short?

Most men add inches to their height. I can stand next to a guy who swears he's 5'10 - I'm about 5'10 - and he'll be shorter than me. Even so, he's still adamant that he's 5'10. lol. Idiots.
I know a guy who put 5'10" on his driver's license. He was only 5'7" or 5'8". Sounds like an insecurity. I am 5'5", and I will happily admit it.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:39 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,042,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I know a guy who put 5'10" on his driver's license. He was only 5'7" or 5'8". Sounds like an insecurity. I am 5'5", and I will happily admit it.
It definitely better to just accept who you are. Anyone who won't admit the truth (in this instance, their height) just draws more attention to the issue.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:46 PM

73,235 posts, read 62,923,405 times
I had a heated discussion today with a few people regarding height and relationships. This woman came out and admitted she wants a guy taller than her(she is 5'9"). Her friend's argument was that a woman want's to feel like her boyfriend could protect her or beat someone up if needed. I took karate for a few years. I will admit that I took it hard. I took it hard because I am 5'5" and felt rather slighted. I can't accept certain things. I let her(and the other person) know that I don't think height should be an issue. If a girl is taller than me, it doesn't matter to me. I also questioned why should height matter at all. According to the other person, I might think a certain way, but finding a person who thinks like me is difficult. Personally, I can't help that some people are just judgmental. I can only work with being the height that I am.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:25 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,754,225 times
Japanese men tend to be short--they're not over 6' like "most" action stars. (Sly Stallone being a notable exception, he's really not all that tall....I think he's 5'6". And certainly there are Japanese masters of karate.

Anyway, I came back to the thread to say that all short men need to do is get themselves a stepladder, and climb her like a tree if need be.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:13 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,691,961 times
Quote:
I had a heated discussion today with a few people regarding height and relationships. This woman came out and admitted she wants a guy taller than her(she is 5'9"). Her friend's argument was that a woman want's to feel like her boyfriend could protect her or beat someone up if needed. I took karate for a few years. I will admit that I took it hard. I took it hard because I am 5'5" and felt rather slighted. I can't accept certain things. I let her(and the other person) know that I don't think height should be an issue. If a girl is taller than me, it doesn't matter to me. I also questioned why should height matter at all. According to the other person, I might think a certain way, but finding a person who thinks like me is difficult. Personally, I can't help that some people are just judgmental. I can only work with being the height that I am.
And I've had guys tell me that they would 'NEVER' date me because I'm 6' tall. Even if they were taller than me.

People have preferences, and there's not much you can do about it.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:26 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,252,214 times
Women must feel safe from Wooly mamamoth, mastadon, and sabre tooth tiger attacks. manlets like me cannot protect women from extinct animals.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:26 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,795,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
And I've had guys tell me that they would 'NEVER' date me because I'm 6' tall. Even if they were taller than me.

People have preferences, and there's not much you can do about it.
It's a guy thing I like the idea that my girl's at least at eye level. But with six feet, I have to stand on a yellow pages book. With heels on, it's even more bizarre.

Poor midget me

But there are plenty of dudes over 6 2. I think you should be good

Old 04-22-2010, 10:27 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,252,214 times
Quote:
You may not be concerned, but women are overly concerned about what others think, especially their "friends". So she's worried what her "friends" would think if they saw her with a guy was the same height, or shorter. Much of this height preference is really about what others would think if they saw her with you.

Be fortunate that very few men are as insecure as women are, and that men don't engage in such herd mentality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships