Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 08:33 AM

543 posts, read 1,001,655 times

Advertisements

I had never discriminate a guy because of his height, but yes, if a guy is shorter than me, he'd better be better looking than me.

Old 05-02-2010, 05:59 PM

73,235 posts, read 62,913,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortMan's advantage View Post
This is simply not true. Where are you getting this idea from?
I think the user you replied to got if from following every stereotype in the book.

Old 05-02-2010, 06:00 PM

73,235 posts, read 62,913,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm24x7 View Post
yawn ! need a tall womans lap to rest on lol
Why? Why should height even be an issue?

Old 05-02-2010, 07:31 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,752,250 times
If she's tall, it puts my head right in her chest--where it belongs anyhow.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:24 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,084,701 times
I'm a very short guy (about 5'3") and while it's kind of true that's harder for short guys, there are a lot of other factors that go into it as well.

But I'm not going to play the dating game for the sole purpose of playing the dating game either.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:05 PM

42 posts, read 79,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Oooooh, busted! No wonder ragging on tall men was all "Sarah" had to say.
Busted? Er... some of us have normal social lives and actually have real friends who hang out with us in the real world and look over our shoulders as together we laugh at a lot of the nonsensical ramblings of people in forums like this. It's sometimes a mildly entertaining diversion but not much of a challenge usually. I know that this idea of hanging out with real people may be a foreign concept to those introverts whose entire lives are lived in cyber space and who collect online "friends" they'll never actually see face to face but... you might consider trying it.

Sarah and many other women I know (also hot like her) just have no natural attraction to tall men and are just more comfortable with men closer to their height. LOL. <Amazing>

Old 05-02-2010, 10:06 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,809,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmsu01 View Post
I'm a very short guy (about 5'3") and while it's kind of true that's harder for short guys, there are a lot of other factors that go into it as well.

But I'm not going to play the dating game for the sole purpose of playing the dating game either.
I'm 5'4. Just tell women (either in-person or if you do online dating, put in your profile) that you'll only date women with a 36D or bigger cup.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:20 PM

42 posts, read 79,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundRockinite View Post
I am 5'5" tall. My dating life has been almost nil. I've been online dating for years and I do see most women's profiles want guys at least 5'10", even if they are short.
Wow! I MUST respond to this. #1 If you are 5'5" and your dating life has been "almost nil" then I can assure you that there are a LOT of reasons for that and the very least of them is your height. That is an illusion that you may have told yourself to make things a bit easier to deal with. It's so much easier to say "It's not me, it's them. They're just prejudice against me." Well I am here to tell you that the problem is YOU my friend. But at least that is something that you can fix.

Quote:
I don't feel comfortable dating a woman taller than I am. I prefer 5'0" to 5'3" so she can wear heals. And so I think an even greater challenge for short guys is that the range of women is extremely narrow. Yet, the tall guys have their pick of the litter. Their dating pool is huge.
Guys like you make me want to start a business and take you guys out into the real world and let you see how ridiculously easy it is to get women when you have your stuff together. You'll never believe it unless you see it and just won't accept that the single biggest problem is YOU. None of what you have stated is factual. You see, with statements like that you are speaking for me and I just don't agree with you.

I must ask you a question: How many women do you want to date at one time? How many women do you need in your life? If there are 1000 women in a room do you actually think that there is anybody that all 1000 of them would want or be potentially interested in? Do you? If you found that there were only 20 that were potentially interested in you and you could get the best of the group of 20 what would be the problem? Especially if the best of the 20 turned out to be the best of the entire 1000. That's usually the reality that people miss. Out of 50,000,000 women it wouldn't matter to me if only one were interested in me if that one were the best (for me) of the bunch.

And no, tall guys do NOT "have their pick of the litter" as you put it. That is only in your head. Ridiculous. You are attempting to categorize people based on one category alone, height. Your statement assumes that if a man is tall then automatically by virtue of that alone he is also attractive; desirable; stable; secure; straight; interesting; charismatic; sexual; chivalrous; masculine and all the other things a decent woman looks for in a man. "Hey... Ewww! Aww! there goes a tall guy let me get naked for him." Give me a break.

My best friend is 6'01" and very handsome. He's a serial player and get's LOTS of girls but even he would tell you that what you said is not true. He's also a great guy (but not husband material cause he's a player), he's honest, a gentleman, masculine, rich and very good looking, yet I've gotten girls he couldn't get. And once he met my wife the first thing he asked me is "Does she have a friend?" And he only wishes it were as easy as you make it sound. He get's a lot of hot girls but he also strikes out a lot (as do MOST guys (...ALL ...100%) who are good at meeting, getting, and picking up women). But they just have the self-esteem to not make a big deal about rejection or spend more than 1/10 of a second trying to figure out what personal flaw to blame it on.

Quote:
It is annoying to see super-short women dating giants. There is a local dentist with a photo on their website. She looks to be about 5'0" tall MAX. Her husband appears to be about 6'5". No kidding. Weird. If it is okay for her to need to file a request form for a kiss than so be it. I think it would be frustrating not to be able to kiss your husband when you want to.
Why the h@## would it be "annoying" to you to see anybody with whomever they chose to be with? Why is that any concern of yours? I just don't get that mindset. If she wasn't with the "giant" she still would most likely not be with YOU anyway. Even if she wanted to date a man your height it probably would still not be YOU because very few women like whiners and that's exactly what you're doing ...on an online forum no less.

Quote:
Ben Stiller is listed as 5'6.5" or so and his super-hot wife is I think 5'6" or something.

The only area being short has bothered me is with dating.

I say just keep trying
I think that your own advice is lost on you. I also think that it's far too simplistic. It is not a good idea to "keep trying" when what you are doing is obviously not working. That is the definition of insanity. Why are you expecting a different result? Remember, you've "been online dating for years"

The problem most people have is with finding what they're looking for according to their standards. But you sound like a guy saying NOBODY wants you or will even date you and the REASON is because you are short. Yet other short guys meet women constantly and date at will whenever they feel like it rather it's online, offline, at clubs, on the street or wherever they go. So maybe ...just maybe ...possibly ...perhaps the real problem is YOU.

And that's actually good news because that is something you can do something about.
So instead of "keep trying" what obviously is not working I would suggest examining yourself and find out what you can do about YOU, your approach, your style, the image you project to the world; your personality; your confidence; your persona and all the things that could make you more effective with women. Don't "keep trying" what's not working ...try something else. Fix what's wrong.

Good luck. Really.

Last edited by ShortMan's advantage; 05-02-2010 at 10:30 PM..

Old 05-02-2010, 11:56 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,752,250 times
When I let them do the approaching, I don't get rejected. And why shouldn't I? If I only need one woman interested in me, then those who aren't can look elsewhere.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:00 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,885,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
Why? Why should height even be an issue?
Thats not an ''Issue'' .. dont make it one .. please .. i got no problem with short women .. infact i made a pun of myself .. not being sarcastic or ridiculing tall women either .. big deal ! .. anyways sorry if i offended ..didnt mean to hurt peoples sentiments cheers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships