Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 01:29 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,018,750 times

Advertisements

I have seen some very attractive women with guys the same height or shorter then them. Awhile back i did know a shallow bimbo who only liked & dated men (no exceptions) 6 feet or over. She was about 5-4. She got pregnant & dumped by a guy & ended up living in a home that cares for old people. Prior to that she turned me down for a date cause i wasnt tall enough for her (she told me so). What goes around comes around.

Old 05-03-2010, 06:15 AM

751 posts, read 1,673,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
So many times I hear people offering an oppinion on this, but never any facts. Well, here are 5 different scientific studies that show what women look for in a man: HEIGHT

Tall men, skinny women - Broadsheet - Salon.com

Tall Guys Attract Girls and Have More Children Than Short Men

How Much of an Advantage Do Tall Men Have? Are Tall Men Really Better Off?

don't want no short, short man **FINAL REPORT**

Short Persons Support: Research : Personals Analyzer

Now, I can guarantee that I will have people attacking me personally, but not the content of this post (making themselves look immature in the process) while others will INSIST that that is not the case (despite not showing any scientific evidence to the contrary)

If someone could show me some ACTUAL EVIDENCE to prove me wrong, as in scientific evidence or a study that goes against the studies I have posted, I will listen. Instead, I will get people denying the evidence and attacking myself in a childish manner.

Face it: short men have a better chance of winning the lottery then they do of finding a mate. Either prove me wrong using evidence, or fall silent.
I'll fall silent.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:39 AM

72,981 posts, read 62,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
I have seen some very attractive women with guys the same height or shorter then them. Awhile back i did know a shallow bimbo who only liked & dated men (no exceptions) 6 feet or over. She was about 5-4. She got pregnant & dumped by a guy & ended up living in a home that cares for old people. Prior to that she turned me down for a date cause i wasnt tall enough for her (she told me so). What goes around comes around.
That's sad.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:36 AM

9,930 posts, read 13,923,690 times

Short men love this next tall lady, and apparently the feeling is mutual.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...26tbs%3Disch:1

Old 05-04-2010, 08:10 PM

7 posts, read 10,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
So many times I hear people offering an oppinion on this, but never any facts. Well, here are 5 different scientific studies that show what women look for in a man: HEIGHT

Tall men, skinny women - Broadsheet - Salon.com

Tall Guys Attract Girls and Have More Children Than Short Men

How Much of an Advantage Do Tall Men Have? Are Tall Men Really Better Off?

don't want no short, short man **FINAL REPORT**

Short Persons Support: Research : Personals Analyzer

Now, I can guarantee that I will have people attacking me personally, but not the content of this post (making themselves look immature in the process) while others will INSIST that that is not the case (despite not showing any scientific evidence to the contrary)

If someone could show me some ACTUAL EVIDENCE to prove me wrong, as in scientific evidence or a study that goes against the studies I have posted, I will listen. Instead, I will get people denying the evidence and attacking myself in a childish manner.

Face it: short men have a better chance of winning the lottery then they do of finding a mate. Either prove me wrong using evidence, or fall silent.
Your research confirms a Biological fact that women prefer men who are taller than they are. We have evolved as a society. Human beings do not base their mating criteria only on height. To make a big story short. Money, Personality, Status and Looks are the major mating traits for women and men. Men put more emphasis on the looks and Women put more Emphasis on Personality.

A fact about tall people 6"2 and more is that they have a hard time finding clothing that fits them right and as they grow older they are more inclined into having back problems due to their height.

You need to have a high opinion of yourself.

From personal experience, I have learned to deal with the fact that i'm 5'9. I don't let it become a weakness I make it my strength, I learned how to dance (salsa-merengue-Bachata-Tango-Triple Swing-Rumba and Samba). I'm never short on dates believe me. Being short becomes an advantage because most women are around my height and I can look them straight in the eyes while we dance.

My actual evidence : Charles Darwin (survival of the Fittest), Dr.John Gray (men are from mars Women are from venus) and Dr. Deborah Tannen (You just Don't understand).

Old 05-04-2010, 09:33 PM

5,323 posts, read 6,099,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugot_luis View Post
Your research confirms a Biological fact that women prefer men who are taller than they are. We have evolved as a society. Human beings do not base their mating criteria only on height. To make a big story short. Money, Personality, Status and Looks are the major mating traits for women and men. Men put more emphasis on the looks and Women put more Emphasis on Personality.

A fact about tall people 6"2 and more is that they have a hard time finding clothing that fits them right and as they grow older they are more inclined into having back problems due to their height.

You need to have a high opinion of yourself.

From personal experience, I have learned to deal with the fact that i'm 5'9. I don't let it become a weakness I make it my strength, I learned how to dance (salsa-merengue-Bachata-Tango-Triple Swing-Rumba and Samba). I'm never short on dates believe me. Being short becomes an advantage because most women are around my height and I can look them straight in the eyes while we dance.

My actual evidence : Charles Darwin (survival of the Fittest), Dr.John Gray (men are from mars Women are from venus) and Dr. Deborah Tannen (You just Don't understand).
5'9 is average height

Old 05-05-2010, 12:26 AM

56 posts, read 140,395 times
lol... my fiance is only 5'9'', he will always be much taller than me. I'm only 5 ft. I am completely turned off by men taller than 5'9''. Sometimes tall is NOT better. And for me , it never is lol.... ..... unless there's something on the top shelf that i can't reach haha

Old 05-05-2010, 12:27 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
not entirely true, yes its easier if you are tall, but i know alota tall jerks. all but the utterly hormone driven women eventually come to their senses and want a decent guy with manners and a kind heart.

Old 05-08-2010, 04:41 AM

4 posts, read 10,564 times
To second a sentiment found earlier in this thread, the sour prospects of finding a date will hurt you in your 20s if you're short. When you move past that stage though, you will be ecstatic that because of your lack of sexual desirability from the point of females, you will least likely have lots of kids with different women, least likely be married/divorced, and likewise be able to be as rich as you like, w/no mouths to feed, alimony or child support in tow. I am 32 now, Black and Hispanic.

If you're like me, 5'6, you're in what I call the datable/smashable range. Women WILL flock to you because you have $$, no kids (you can get up and go) and b/c they've got over their height issues. YOU though, will be in complete control. Watch out for those KIDLESS cougars though, who WANT child support. I look around at ALL of my friends, who are either average height or tall, with sterile personalities, and not much going on education wise. They've all been married and divorced. They pay choking child support, and they all argue with or have lukewarm relationships their kid's mothers. I don't have any of that to deal with. I am fortunate that I am a very good looking guy, and women will tell me this (whether it be online or in person), but that my height bothers them. With all of the women I sleep with and can game (easily too), from your ghetto chick, to your 9-5 nurse and your lawyer (I myself have a J.D. and MBA, so am highly educated), I never stress if a woman turns me down because I am too short. After all, let them have their fun too. It's their choice right?

I find it HIGHLY amusing when I see these SAME women however, in their 30s and 40s STILL looking for that TALLER, perfect mate, or giving up and dating shorter men once they gain weight, have their insides all stretched out from being tossed around, realize their clocks are ticking, or have just overall decided to give shorter men a chance because they feel they have to compromise and let go of their inhibitions. That said, I've ALWAYS had success with women in their 30s+ (even from my late teens and early 20s), and they ALL say "If I was younger I'm positive I wouldn't have went out with you because you would've been too short for me (like I'm supposed to be thankful now or something lol). They start to realize that men 6 Ft+ are the cream of the crop of the male spieces, and can pretty much date/game whoever they want and sleep with as many women as they want because almost all women are fighting for that 13% of the male population (6 ft+ is only 13% of our population). Women go crazy over height (even if the man isn't all that attractive). Online they will druel if a man says he's 6'2". I've had many of the women I've been with tell me "You're perfect in every way, but if you had height Oooo!". THIS is why however TALLER MEN usually have been married/divorced more (statistically correct), have more children with many women (statistically correct), and can walk out from a relationship and have a new woman the next day without giving any thought (provided their personalities allows them to be an extrovert).

I on the other hand, Mr. 5'6" usually get the left overs, and usually treat those left overs like total crap when I feel like it.... because I can. What goes around comes around, and its fun. Just make sure you wear a condom and don't engage in high risk activities. I happen to be a mixed guy (Black and Latino). I DO prefer Hispanic women. I live in New York, and Hispanic women tend to be LESS height sensitive. My more normal relationships have been with my fellow Latinas. Not to stereotype, but I've found Black women to be more height sensitive. I'm not really attracted to them anyway, so it doesn't phase me at all (not saying it out of disrespect, just my own preference).

Last edited by shortguynumber1; 05-08-2010 at 04:58 AM..

Old 05-08-2010, 05:39 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,645,569 times
Hey, interesting trivia regarding this.

In most cases, the candidate who ended up winning the Presidential election was taller than his opponents. Our shortest president was either Madison or Monroe, at 5'4".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.