Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 09:22 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,516,854 times

Advertisements

Men say they want a woman to have long hair.

But I have noticed most of the women I see who are married have short hair.

So what gives? Do men prefer to marry women with short hair?

So, should those of us with longer hair cut it? Does that increase our odds of even finding a boyfriend?

Old 06-14-2009, 09:28 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,902,628 times
CUT IT OFF!!! Well not bald, but fairly short. My wife has long hair and I am begging her to cut it. As long as she doesn't end up looking like Kate Gosselin, I will love it!!! LOL

Old 06-14-2009, 09:30 PM

3,853 posts, read 12,869,787 times
No what happens is that most men want women with long hair. Why? because it is distinctively feminine. Just like women want guys with short hair - thats a masculine trait.

So why do women chop their hair off after they get married? because they don't give a crap about what the man wants anymore. They are already married and what they think is that the man married her because of her personality etc etc. When in reality, for a man, having your female have a certain look is still important. It only makes matters worse by the fact that most married guys are ******* so they never put their foot down (ie. get a divorce) when their female is not meeting their standards. The same thing is true for weight gain. Why are so many married women significantly heavier than single females.

If you didn't notice, most young single women have long hair. Why is that? because guys are attracted to long hair! If you want a boyfriend keep your hair LONG.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:34 PM

52,290 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
Men say they want a woman to have long hair.

So what gives? Do men prefer to marry women with short hair?

So, should those of us with longer hair cut it? Does that increase our odds of even finding a boyfriend?
I like long hair on a female. I have long hair as a dude. Maybe that would increase my chances of meeting a hot dude.

Don't like the chicks with the short hair, seems sort of... don't get mad at me ladies.... lesboish. Some women it works for others not so much...

Mrs. Chow's hair is down to her bum. Mine's down to my shoulder blades. Trying to catch up to her...

Last edited by Chowhound; 06-14-2009 at 09:58 PM.. Reason: Thai Po

Old 06-14-2009, 09:37 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,412,838 times
I have long hair myself and have debated chopping my hair off because at 23, I look super young. I get mistaken for being 18, sometimes as young as 16..gross! I wonder if I make men around my age feel like pedophiles, lol.

But despite how young I look, most men have liked my hair longish. Oddly, when I have had my hair short, I have gotten more attention from men, maybe because it makes me look my exact age? who knows..but either way, beats me why so many women have short hair after they get married.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:37 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,551,567 times
I know a couple of guys who like short hair on women.

As far as the married women, I've heard many say that they don't want to mess with it and it is usually once they start having kids. I did the same thing after I had my son. He's grown and gone and I'm thinking about it. I just hate dealing with it sometimes.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:39 PM

3,853 posts, read 12,869,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I like long hair on a female. I have long hair as a dude. Maybe that would increase my chances of meeting a hot dude.

Don't like the chicks with the short hair, seems sort of... don't get mad at me ladies.... lesboish. Some women it works for others not so much...

Mrs. Chow's hair is down to hair bum. Mine's down to my should blades. Trying to catch up to her...
lol, I get the same impression. If I see a woman with short hair I think she is more masculine so she is probably a lesbian or something. I am not attracted to short hair AT ALL.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
No what happens is that most men want women with long hair. Why? because it is distinctively feminine. Just like women want guys with short hair - thats a masculine trait.

So why do women chop their hair off after they get married? because they don't give a crap about what the man wants anymore. They are already married and what they think is that the man married her because of her personality etc etc. When in reality, for a man, having your female have a certain look is still important. It only makes matters worse by the fact that most married guys are ******* so they never put their foot down (ie. get a divorce) when their female is not meeting their standards. The same thing is true for weight gain. Why are so many married women significantly heavier than single females.

If you didn't notice, most young single women have long hair. Why is that? because guys are attracted to long hair! If you want a boyfriend keep your hair LONG.

I remember one place I worked, there was this rather bitchy young woman who got married. Her hair was just past her shoulders. In two weeks, it was a shoulder length bob, which didn't look bad, but then the next week, she went and "just had it all cut off" and it was the "Man Hair" cut, over the ears, short. I wondered what her husband thought.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Mrs. Chow's hair is down to hair bum. Mine's down to my should blades. Trying to catch up to her...

Everything is a joke to you marrieds. It's like you're sitting there laughing at the singles.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:51 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
The women chopped it off and the men hate it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships