Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 05:11 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
Men say they want a woman to have long hair.

But I have noticed most of the women I see who are married have short hair.

So what gives? Do men prefer to marry women with short hair?

So, should those of us with longer hair cut it? Does that increase our odds of even finding a boyfriend?
I have a theory on this. I think long hair is feminine and, somewhat, an advertisement. I think men like shorter hair on their wives because it advertises they're taken. Though women can and do look good in short hair, it's less "sexy". I think men don't want their wives stepping out looking sexy. They'd rather she look dignified.

My husband was pushing for me to cut my hair off pretty much from day one. He prefers it very short. I think I look like a matron with short hair. Though, I pretty much am these days .

Old 06-15-2009, 07:40 AM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021
No what happens is that most men want women with long hair. Why? because it is distinctively feminine. Just like women want guys with short hair - thats a masculine trait.

So why do women chop their hair off after they get married? because they don't give a crap about what the man wants anymore. They are already married and what they think is that the man married her because of her personality etc etc. When in reality, for a man, having your female have a certain look is still important. It only makes matters worse by the fact that most married guys are ******* so they never put their foot down (ie. get a divorce) when their female is not meeting their standards. The same thing is true for weight gain. Why are so many married women significantly heavier than single females.

If you didn't notice, most young single women have long hair. Why is that? because guys are attracted to long hair! If you want a boyfriend keep your hair LONG.
I agree.

I like long hair on ladies.

My Dw has hair down to her waist.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:47 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,345,400 times
I have 4 1/2 year old twins and wear my hair past my shoulder a bit...........always have! I had shorter hair in high school and hated it!!! I am letting my daughter's hair grow longer because I had a bowl haircut when I was in kindergarten lol.....but I guess it was the style back then lol.... I have to go to the salon and get color too in it! once a month!! If you want to look decent you have to keep up with yourself!

I don't think if you are 60 though you should have long locks lol...something a bit shorter....

Look at Halle Berry with short hair--she has the face though! Some women do!

Old 06-15-2009, 08:08 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Long hair is great if it suits you and you have the time to maintain it and the desire/time/finances to continue maintaining it.

I know very few women with long hair that simply wash it and go, which you can do with short hair.

Married women with short hair seem to have come to the decision to cut it short simply because many married women have more constraints on their time or perhaps it's a change to their priorities and they tend to pare down their beauty regimes in favour of other things.
I have longish hair. It's a little past my shoulders. I had it cut into a cool asymmetrical bob a couple of years ago, and I had some highlights put it, but I really hate using the blow dryer, straightener and lots of product in my hair. You're right: I don't have an hour (or $200) to spend on my hair. I let it grow out, and it air dries now.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:27 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,511,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I have a theory on this. I think long hair is feminine and, somewhat, an advertisement. I think men like shorter hair on their wives because it advertises they're taken. Though women can and do look good in short hair, it's less "sexy". I think men don't want their wives stepping out looking sexy. They'd rather she look dignified.

My husband was pushing for me to cut my hair off pretty much from day one. He prefers it very short. I think I look like a matron with short hair. Though, I pretty much am these days .

Interesting theory.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:34 AM

Someone wrote something about married people being busy and not being able to keep up long hair...I don't think being busy has anything to do with being married. I am single, and I am quite busy. I don't have someone to help me with chores, I have to do it all here.

Old 06-15-2009, 12:08 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Mine was long - waist length, until I became depressed about 3 months ago and cut it to just below shoulder length. Now I wish I had my long hair back, so I'm growing it out again. Never, ever practice self-mutilation when you are depressed - you're gonna regret it!!! (No, I didn't cut it myself - my hairdresser cut it.)

Old 06-15-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Mine was long - waist length, until I became depressed about 3 months ago and cut it to just below shoulder length. Now I wish I had my long hair back, so I'm growing it out again. Never, ever practice self-mutilation when you are depressed - you're gonna regret it!!! (No, I didn't cut it myself - my hairdresser cut it.)

You know, I read something like that long ago, how women will go "do something" with their hair after a break up, etc. They will go get a new haircut, well heck, isn't that what everyone urges us to do...but usually the results are some hairdresser's idea of the most trendy style.

Old 06-15-2009, 02:00 PM

19,383 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Head? Did you have one of those evil curly hairpiece things for callasthenics that you had to sit on your bun and then twist the elastic around so tight it gave you a facelift??? Whenever I got home from competition and took that thing off it felt like my head was on fire!

haha! I have one of those! It's still in the box! I think I've used it once... correction! I think one of my girlfriends at uni came for a sleepover and decided she'd do my hair for me before we went out one night. SO it's been used once!
Knowing my luck I'd crisp my hair so bad it would look like I stuck my finger in a socket! Pretty much how ironing my hair turned out back in the 70s when that was all the rage!

You know I don't think I've ever come across a guy that said he wanted me to have short hair. It's always been that long is the preference.
I'm not sure I know what you mean by the hairpiece thingy. I do know that if I pull it all up into a ponytail on top of my head, or the partial ponytail Chow calls the "fountain head," my scalp will get so sore, like the hairs aren't used to going in that direction or something...

Old 06-15-2009, 02:03 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,695,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
Everything is a joke to you marrieds. It's like you're sitting there laughing at the singles.
No way. We are laughing because we remember how difficult it is to find a mate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships