Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 10:12 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,812,657 times

Advertisements

I can understand wanting a career or chilling with your friends but at some point wouldn't you want to be with that someone you can talk to, become more than just friends to that person and eventually give in (both physically as well as emotional).
I don't think I would be soo thrilled being single for life (no offense but it's not what I call fun). It's not that I need a man because (I'm not a handicapped person and will continue psychology major) but at least you have someone you can associate with.
You wouldn't talk the same way with your friends or relatives as you would with your SO.....

Same as some single people can't understand why commitment seems so important to some, I can't understand how not committing ever is fun....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 10:22 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,146,737 times

Bloody Ibiza

Old 07-09-2010, 10:25 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,553,461 times
It's a good thing we all get to decide what's best for ourselves.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:29 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,248,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
It's a good thing we all get to decide what's best for ourselves.
It sure is!

Old 07-09-2010, 10:45 PM

437 posts, read 674,996 times
This is why:

YouTube - Braveheart Freedom Short

Old 07-10-2010, 12:20 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,467,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post

Same as some single people can't understand why commitment seems so important to some, I can't understand how not committing ever is fun....
It is what you make it. If you are happy (single or not), then no further explanation is required.

Old 07-10-2010, 01:23 AM

764 posts, read 1,557,071 times
The grass is greener on the other side. When im single i want a relationship and when im in a relationship i want to be single. I don't believe happiness exist in the human mind....not after childhood anyway. If it wasnt for pain then we wouldn't know we were alive. Sorry to be all gloomy.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:27 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,297,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
I don't think its so much about fun more than its about what you want from your life. What stage are you at in your life? Are you ready to settle down? Are you willing to carry all that a long term relationship entails? I've been in long term relationships, they're not all perfume and roses.

There's a lot that can go wrong, and a lot of hardships that you will have to face that you probably would never expect.

I've learned not to want what anyone else has. I used to always admire a friend of mine. She's married and has known her husband since they were teenagers. I thought they had such an ideal relationship. Then she told me he had an affair that lasted almost 3 years. She has chosen to stay in the relationship and make it work for their daughter.

So, remember, sure single life has its cons but it also has its pros too. It just depends what you're ready for.

Old 07-10-2010, 03:01 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,955,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
It is what you make it. If you are happy (single or not), then no further explanation is required.
Agreed. Everyone is entitled to do whatever they think makes them happy. What's good for one person may not be good for another person. Different from what you think doesn't mean its a bad decision.

Old 07-10-2010, 04:43 AM

557 posts, read 1,353,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
Agreed. Everyone is entitled to do whatever they think makes them happy. What's good for one person may not be good for another person. Different from what you think doesn't mean its a bad decision.
Are you kidding? In the eyes of MOST of society and what we percieve was a "bad decision", you are wrong, period.

Very simplisitic example:

I have known people to have sex with strangers , aka casual sex, which we hear about others stories doing so from CD quite a bit, too. I won't mention names but (disgustingly) the stories are pretty gross. I also have known people IRL who had casual sex only to be transmitted STDs such as herpes and other ones I won't get into. Most of us know a few these people.

Are these bad decisions? To most of us, YES. So one can deduct that a GOOD decision and a BAD decision depends on how you live your life and what measures you take to make the RIGHT decision, despite all the "open-minded" nonsense that I read so much of on here. "Oh well I didn't get an STD from having unprotected sex with 20 hookers" Well congrats, but it's still a BAD DECISION despite the fact you are somehow happy with that...despite the fact YOU think it was a good one...

Sorry for the OT tangent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships