Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 02:28 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,520,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
So true. I'd say 95% have actually told me up front. There is clearly a market for it. They really don't need to hide it much these days.

Odd that I have most who don't tell me that upfront, and say they are single....some have even wanted to date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 02:43 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,845,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
Odd that I have most who don't tell me that upfront, and say they are single....some have even wanted to date.
Men (and women) will say what they feel at a time will work and where they want to go with it. So it doesn't surprise me.

It is also why I feel that it isn't always as cut and dry to see from select words about what a person meant when he/she wrote a certain way. Many women do prefer to be treated "nice" (definitions vary), and in emails via words. I've experienced the other side of it, from being a bit too left brained and logical.

Old 06-15-2009, 02:44 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,881,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Too gushy and fawning. Kind of clingy. I wouldn't call it a red flag, because he could just be trying too hard, but I don't think it's very attractive.

My thoughts exactly.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:22 PM

5,781 posts, read 11,881,373 times
You're all being too harsh on the guy, I understand his predicament, 3 months ago -before I realized it led to nowhere- I was sending the same kind of messages to a young woman I had "met" here- on USCityData, but then she was the one who initiated the flirting with some very bold messages like "will you come to visit me?"that she was e-mailing me several times and during the 2 first weeks I remained "chill" and didn't buy her stance , but personal circumstances ( traveling, changing my day-to-day life, feeling vulnerable) made me change my attitude towards her and I started being flirty too, telling her I had a crush on her, etc. She then changed her attitude almost immediately, became aloof -"hey you're only a buddy" and e-mailed me less often , and I started feeling bad about it for a while until I realized she was playing fiddle with me, so I stopped writing to her and that was it, she stopped too, proof she was not committed , just playing games....

Old 06-15-2009, 03:27 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,557,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
You're all being too harsh on the guy, I understand his predicament, 3 months ago -before I realized it led to nowhere- I was sending the same kind of messages to a young woman I had "met" here- on USCityData, but then she was the one who initiated the flirting with some very bold messages like "will you come to visit me?"that she was e-mailing me several times and during the 2 first weeks I remained "chill" and didn't buy her stance , but personal circumstances ( traveling, changing my day-to-day life, feeling vulnerable) made me change my attitude towards her and I started being flirty too, telling her I had a crush on her, etc. She then changed her attitude almost immediately, became aloof -"hey you're only a buddy" and e-mailed me less often , and I started feeling bad about it for a while until I realized she was playing fiddle with me, so I stopped writing to her and that was it, she stopped too, proof she was not committed , just playing games....
They're being harsh because some chick played games with you and you played along? What should she have been committed to when you never met? Don't project your poor judgment on my situation.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:49 PM

1,668 posts, read 4,710,246 times
stay away from this guy

Old 06-15-2009, 04:59 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,034,313 times
Yeah, people who are way too eager equals danger zone for me. Good luck on your decision.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:37 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,589,510 times
Had a similiar thing happen to me, HE e-mailed me, I wasn't looking for anything or anyone, we had alot in common. Within a month came the I Love You's, I'm falling for you.......I should have stopped it right then and there. He was married and he told me, but said He'd find a way......yah, sure. Then when HE found out I was talking to other people, he blew his lid, it got very verbal and nasty........I ran, not walked away. He went on to his next victim, don't know if his wife has figured it out yet, but who cares, I'm out of it.

Remember on the internet you can say or be whatever you want. Use caution.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:29 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,211,585 times
It's hard to judge only by a few repetitive paragraphs taken out of the context, but it does sound a bit off.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:32 PM

306 posts, read 531,486 times
He's coming on so strong because that's the quickest way to get laid. If the girl starts thinking "wow we have a real connection, we're falling in love already" the quicker she is likely to put out.

Men are such scum. Ughhhh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships