Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 09:54 PM

26 posts, read 40,960 times

Advertisements

Hi there. I am trying to continue a thread that hasn't gotten any response. I hope this doesn't mean I am a thread killer, but I really want to know which women would prefer, a mid 20's virgin who has his own job, pays his bills, but doesn't have relationship experience. Compared to a mid 20's slacker/ deadbeat, this guy has no full time job/ maybe a part time job, a baby's mama, trouble with the law, etc. But knows what to do in the sack. Which one are leaning towards..

*The virgin isn't a virgin because of religion either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 09:57 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,052,518 times
How about elaborating for those who didn't see the first.

Old 02-15-2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl
It depends on the age of the virgin. If you are, say, in your teens or early 20's, then what's the issue? But if you're in your late 20's or even your 30's, then that's a red flag. For a man to get up in his 20's and 30's and still be a virgin....well, you gotta wonder.

Wonder what exactly? I don't think all virgins are obvious. Are you saying if you met a decent guy but later found out he was a virgin that that would be worse if he was a criminal, deadbeat, cheater, etc?

Old 02-15-2009, 09:59 PM

549 posts, read 1,933,928 times
I'm betting the virgin lives with mommy and daddy.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:10 PM

9,892 posts, read 13,931,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machIVbeetle View Post
Hi there. I am trying to continue a thread that hasn't gotten any response. I hope this doesn't mean I am a thread killer, but I really want to know which women would prefer, a mid 20's virgin who has his own job, pays his bills, but doesn't have relationship experience. Compared to a mid 20's slacker/ deadbeat, this guy has no full time job/ maybe a part time job, a baby's mama, trouble with the law, etc. But knows what to do in the sack. Which one are leaning towards..

*The virgin isn't a virgin because of religion either.
You know either guy has just as much chance of landing a girl if the aim is simply to land a girl. I'd have thought the deadbeat would probably get more on account he's looking for more and he doesn't care how he gets it. AND the virgin probably is looking for specifics anyway, yes?

I'm not sure why it's so important to you which one women prefer. NOT that I think you'll get a definitive answer anyway. Isn't it more important to be worrying about what kind of person YOU ARE and what kind of person you want to be AND what kind of girl you're looking for than worrying about what everybody else is doing or wanting or thinks?
Sorry but this just really confuses me.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl
It depends on the age of the virgin. If you are, say, in your teens or early 20's, then what's the issue? But if you're in your late 20's or even your 30's, then that's a red flag. For a man to get up in his 20's and 30's and still be a virgin....well, you gotta wonder.

Wonder what exactly? I don't think all virgins are obvious. Are you saying if you met a decent guy but later found out he was a virgin that that would be worse if he was a criminal, deadbeat, cheater, etc?
Oh and not everyone would find the age of the virgin some kind of red flag. When you're meeting someone and you have a mutual attraction I'd say that having a mandatory cut off age on virginity for men is about as useful as dating single women over 40 and assuming there's something wrong with them because they've never married.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:11 PM

9,229 posts, read 16,592,954 times
Quote:
......a mid 20's virgin who has his own job, pays his bills, but doesn't have relationship experience. Compared to a mid 20's slacker/ deadbeat, this guy has no full time job/ maybe a part time job, a baby's mama, trouble with the law, etc. But knows what to do in the sack.
With those two choices, one would be brain dead or a glutton for punishment to choose the latter.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:17 PM

My feeling and fear is that all of the virgins accomplishments will be for not because he is a virgin in his late 20's/ early 30's. I just don't think that is fair, and I am trying to understand the reasoning behind it.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:24 PM

9,892 posts, read 13,931,994 times
Quote:
My feeling and fear is that all of the virgins accomplishments will be for not because he is a virgin in his late 20's/ early 30's. I just don't think that is fair, and I am trying to understand the reasoning behind it.
Yeah, BUT only to the kind of girl he probably doesn't want or need to be with anyway. Capice?

Truly you don't need to understand the reasoning behind it because who really cares if other people are prepared to be that dismissive or make stupid choices in their life? It's their problem, not yours. The IMPORTANT thing to remember is that no matter where you're at, no matter how many people reject you for a perceived flaw not everyone will. Some will find it an asset. You just have to find "your people".

Old 02-15-2009, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Yeah, BUT only to the kind of girl he probably doesn't want or need to be with anyway. Capice?

Truly you don't need to understand the reasoning behind it because who really cares if other people are prepared to be that dismissive or make stupid choices in their life? It's their problem, not yours. The IMPORTANT thing to remember is that no matter where you're at, no matter how many people reject you for a perceived flaw not everyone will. Some will find it an asset. You just have to find "your people".

That makes a lot of sense. I guess I am influenced by society. I've read from a lot of women (some on this message board) that being a virgin is weird. I'm ashamed of this. I feel like I screwed up somewhere and it will cost me a family and be forced to live alone... or with my parents.

But you do see it a lot don't you? Women who will stay with deadbeats who beat them when 'nice guys' are everywhere but they are becoming more bitter by the day.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:37 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,164,666 times
Quote:
It's not fair, but I wouldn't worry about certain women judging you. Fact of the matter is, everyone has some element about them that others will be judgmental towards. What's "odd" to one person can be great to another. Some women may find it positively charming. I don't think it's bad at all.

What is the reason behind your virginity?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships