Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 10:27 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times

Advertisements

What's the deal with 'bar sexuals"? I made out with a dude at a bar and then later felt used because he really wasn't interested. I was like wth. Weirdo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
This from someone who curses up a storm in their reply. I sound "unintelligible"

Some links to back up my claims that I doubt anyone will look at...

Bi For Now

Young Women Defy Labels in Intimacy With Both Sexes - ABC News

Urban Dictionary: bar-sexual

I am not backing down. There is A LOT of pressure on men to be sexual animals, as I have always said.

First of all, there are plenty of threads where women bring up double standards against women...why don't you go trolling into those threads too? Second, I was not talking about sexual promiscouity. If a man in a relationship wants to wait before he has sex, there will be nowhere near the same reaction from his peers, his partner, and society at large as there would be for a woman in the same position. Hence, the double standard.

Please calm down, and attempt to type without cursing.

6,351 posts, read 9,979,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Well how is he blaming the world for how he feels? When how he feels is a legitimate feeling? It's a perspective on societal issues.

Philosophers, sociologists, and psychologists have all had conflicting opinions and feelings about society, social constructs, and beliefs.

THANK YOU! I mean, what, should no one ever bring this stuff up? When someone talks about discrimination, bigorty etc, are they simply saying "woe is me" by proxy?

If I go into the politics board and post about that poor girl in Iran, will I also somehow be "blaming myself for my own problems?"

1,243 posts, read 2,688,304 times
You're an angry lil fella, aren't ya?

Old 06-22-2009, 10:28 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sueprnova View Post
You're an angry lil fella, aren't ya?
ya think?

Old 06-22-2009, 10:28 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,014,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Well how is he blaming the world for how he feels? When how he feels is a legitimate feeling?
His feelings may be legitimate, but I have yet to see one sentence from him about how his anger and hostility has anything to do with something other than the world around him (i.e. himself).

In my reality, when you don't like what you see around you, YOU do things to change it, you don't b*tch and moan about how the world is SO wrong (and make seriously generalized comments about "how the world is" that don't have any bearing on the reality that many others feel).

Yes, some people are ignorant. Too many people in fact. But, if you don't like those people, you move on. It's not that complicated. You just have to know who YOU are and take responsibility for your life.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:29 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,014,186 times
Quote:
THANK YOU! I mean, what, should no one ever bring this stuff up? When someone talks about discrimination, bigorty etc, are they simply saying "woe is me" by proxy?
When someone talks like YOU do, the "woe is me" thing comes fairly naturally, yes.

Let me ask you this, what are YOU doing to change these things that you are seeing? Anything except ranting on an internet chat board?

Old 06-22-2009, 10:30 PM

455 posts, read 1,018,435 times
Quote:
This from someone who curses up a storm in their reply. I sound "unintelligible"

Some links to back up my claims that I doubt anyone will look at...

Bi For Now

Young Women Defy Labels in Intimacy With Both Sexes - ABC News

Urban Dictionary: bar-sexual

I am not backing down. There is A LOT of pressure on men to be sexual animals, as I have always said.

First of all, there are plenty of threads where women bring up double standards against women...why don't you go trolling into those threads too? Second, I was not talking about sexual promiscouity. If a man in a relationship wants to wait before he has sex, there will be nowhere near the same reaction from his peers, his partner, and society at large as there would be for a woman in the same position. Hence, the double standard.

Please calm down, and attempt to type without cursing.
Do you ever NOT utilize straw man arguments? And I don't think I can calm down, nor attempt to type without cursing. I just get so worked up on this internet message board. I'm actually crying right now while at the same time lifting weights. Such a double standard.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Ok, so let me see if I have this straight. You're wallowing in a "woe is me" attitude, and because you bring up some hypothetical scenarios that don't have anything to do with your life, what I have said "doesn't have any bearing on the subject at hand"?
No, there is no "woe is me" attitude in the OP because it has nothing to do with my life, and hence, by saying that the OP has a "woe is me" additude you are saying something that has no bearing on the subject.

If I posted on the politics board about that girl in Iran, would that also be a "woe is me" additude?

I never brought myself up in the OP...ohh, and how about the people who post about the double standards about women? Do they too have this "woe is me" attitude?

Quote:
Good one. Not that I'm surprised though. It's tough to take a good look at yourself rather than blaming the rest of the world for the way you feel.
I feel fine. Anyway, do you say that to women who say that "men who have multiple partners are called studs while women who have multiple partners are called tramps""

Old 06-22-2009, 10:33 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
The point I can agree with is that a lot of people don't like moaners and grumblers. People can perceive discourse as that.

The reality is that a single person really can't do much to change bigotry other than to discuss perspectives on the flaws that are in social beliefs. The same way people can disagree with religious denominations and political decisions made by our government. This type of stuff goes on in college classes. People hold discussions and debates like he is doing. It goes on in politics people debate all the time. The OP is simply engaging us in dialectics or discourse.

It's hard to change society if you are silent. And last time I checked Freud wasn't a basket of roses

I don't have a problem with a "woe is me" attitude either....nobody is cheerful 100% of the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
His feelings may be legitimate, but I have yet to see one sentence from him about how his anger and hostility has anything to do with something other than the world around him (i.e. himself).

In my reality, when you don't like what you see around you, YOU do things to change it, you don't b*tch and moan about how the world is SO wrong (and make seriously generalized comments about "how the world is" that don't have any bearing on the reality that many others feel).

Yes, some people are ignorant. Too many people in fact. But, if you don't like those people, you move on. It's not that complicated. You just have to know who YOU are and take responsibility for your life.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmahorn View Post
Do you ever NOT utilize straw man arguments?
So, stating something and then providing a link to back it up with facts is a "straw man" argument. Righhhhht

Man, there sure are allot of "straw man arguments" going on in colleges across America, with all those students citing "straw man sources"...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships