Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 08:08 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,471,214 times

Advertisements

I'm concerned he might be married.

The fact that he lives in a different state is a tip-off.

Can you find out where he lives and do some snooping?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 08:11 AM

549 posts, read 1,931,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOhFive View Post
Wow. I agree with worth. Why can't he be just a good guy? You know, there are those of us out there who respect women. Probably most of the men. Why do a few bad apples have to ruin it for the whole gender? 'I dated one guy in the past who was an ass, so all guys have to be asses.' Wrong. Why doesn't the OP try the first move? Maybe the guy is shy?
Why does a guy wanting sex equate to him being a bad guy? You're getting fussy about people making presumptions, but at the same time you're insinuating that a guy that puts the moves on a girl doesn't respect her? It's sexual interest. Guys have it and girls have it.

From your view point, the only difference between a guy that respects a woman and a guy that doesn't is if he makes the first move or not. IMO, that doesn't make much sense.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by endersshadow View Post
Why does a guy wanting sex equate to him being a bad guy? You're getting fussy about people making presumptions, but at the same time you're insinuating that a guy that puts the moves on a girl doesn't respect her?
She didn't say that. She is like a lot of us women. We want a little romance in our lives, a nice dinner, some wine. It's exhausting to have to fight off men's sexual advances all the time, not to mention really annoying.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:25 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,767,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Hmm... you took the strokes from my fingers...

Well, he's seeking some sort of arrangement, but who is to know what kind exactly... Impotent? STD and honest (doubtful)? Married and seeking companionship? Guess the possibilities are endless.

While I'm not familiar with this site, the name of it does imply less than serious deals.
I agree. I'm curious to know what kind of arrangement this man is seeking.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
It's a "sugar daddy" dating site, so it's basically an Anna Nicole type of thing. PasstheChocolate did say he was retired. I'm picturing a guy in his 60s or 70s who is carefully watching her nice round thighs and the slow sway of her hips as she moves across the room to pour them another glass of vino.

Nothing wrong with enjoying the dinners and wine. Just know that at some point, he may be looking for a return on investment. If you don't want to get too involved, you could masturbate in front of him and that may be enough to keep the wine flowing for a while. Anything else could exhaust him.

These are tough times financially for a lot of women, so the dinners are tempting I am sure.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:38 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth the W8 View Post
Funny how a man who acts like a gentleman, enjoys romance and kissing but does not pursue sex in th first half dozen dates is either married, gay, STD ridden or a serial killer. The dating scene must be brutal out there.

I'll take the glass is half full approach. Perhaps his religious beliefs oppose pre-marital sex. Maybe he is withholding further advances because he really likes you and does not want to presume too much too quickly.

Regardless, enjoy the company and best of luck.
He's not really religious, though he has his faith. I'd like to think he is savoring every visit; he seems to thoroughly enjoy everything he does and only does what he enjoys. Hard to explain, a very rare spirit but a refreshing one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOhFive View Post
Wow. I agree with worth. Why can't he be just a good guy? You know, there are those of us out there who respect women. Probably most of the men. Why do a few bad apples have to ruin it for the whole gender? 'I dated one guy in the past who was an ass, so all guys have to be asses.' Wrong. Why doesn't the OP try the first move? Maybe the guy is shy?
I am not a first move kinda gal. And I really don't think I wanna start with this one. I get the feeling he is used to women throwing themselves at him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
I'm concerned he might be married.

The fact that he lives in a different state is a tip-off.

Can you find out where he lives and do some snooping?
He already gave me his info, including his home number and he encourages me to call any time I like. He seems legit. He may not be, but I have had worse offline so I ain't skerred.

Quote:
This is my take on the whole online thing. If you are specific about what you are looking for, someone is bound to want the same thing. I went to a sugardaddy dating site because I want a successful man, again, because it represents stability and that means less drama. I'm not rich but I enjoy certain indulgences that I have had to give up in the past for "love". Either way, I laid out what I was looking for and made it clear that I was not looking for an allowance or to be lavished with gifts. The response was pretty good, and I've met some really nice men but this guy really has my attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
It's a "sugar daddy" dating site, so it's basically an Anna Nicole type of thing. PasstheChocolate did say he was retired. I'm picturing a guy in his 60s or 70s who is carefully watching her nice round thighs and the slow sway of her hips as she moves across the room to pour them another glass of vino.
He's 51.

Quote:
Nothing wrong with enjoying the dinners and wine. Just know that at some point, he may be looking for a return on investment.
I suppose that means he is expecting to get laid at some point. Duh. Did you think my plan was to just have dinner and good conversation with the man I choose?

Quote:
If you don't want to get too involved, you could masturbate in front of him and that may be enough to keep the wine flowing for a while. Anything else could exhaust him.
That's very similar to the responses I get from the young kids I turn away, who barely have any hair on their peas and need a map to get to the holy land.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passthechocolate View Post
that's very similar to the responses i get from the young kids i turn away, who barely have any hair on their peas and need a map to get to the holy land.
bahahahahahahahaha !!!!

Old 07-02-2009, 11:08 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,767,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
This is my take on the whole online thing. If you are specific about what you are looking for, someone is bound to want the same thing. I went to a sugardaddy dating site because I want a successful man, again, because it represents stability and that means less drama. I'm not rich but I enjoy certain indulgences that I have had to give up in the past for "love". Either way, I laid out what I was looking for and made it clear that I was not looking for an allowance or to be lavished with gifts. The response was pretty good, and I've met some really nice men but this guy really has my attention.
At first, I didn't understand why you went to a "sugardaddy" site if you didn't want an allowance or a bunch of presents. I mean, that's what those sites sound like they are for. I haven't ever been on dating sites like eHarmony or Match.com ... are those just no good for finding a successful man? You say you aren't looking to be a kept woman, so I assume the indulgences you enjoy are more like dinners at nice restaurants, concerts, the theater, maybe some travel. Maybe the guys on Match lie about doing those things or look down on women who want them?

I'm not knocking what you're doing, especially since it seems to be working for you so far. Like I said, I'm just curious. Do you know what he was expecting? It seems to me that, because this is a sugardaddy site, he would have been expecting to date someone who wanted some nice jewelry or something.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:20 AM

429 posts, read 1,149,804 times
Has he told you that this relationship is exclusive? If not, don't assume it is. Maybe your function is good company and conversation, and he's got somebody else for the horizontal stuff.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:40 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,570,105 times
Quote:
At first, I didn't understand why you went to a "sugardaddy" site if you didn't want an allowance or a bunch of presents. I mean, that's what those sites sound like they are for. I haven't ever been on dating sites like eHarmony or Match.com ... are those just no good for finding a successful man? You say you aren't looking to be a kept woman, so I assume the indulgences you enjoy are more like dinners at nice restaurants, concerts, the theater, maybe some travel. Maybe the guys on Match lie about doing those things or look down on women who want them?

I'm not knocking what you're doing, especially since it seems to be working for you so far. Like I said, I'm just curious. Do you know what he was expecting? It seems to me that, because this is a sugardaddy site, he would have been expecting to date someone who wanted some nice jewelry or something.
I completely understand why people question it.

I wouldn't do eHarmony because I'm not willing to jump hoops and answer a gazillion questions to get approved, plus I'm probably not conventional enough for that site. I tried Match.com a while back with little luck.

A lot of men use their money to compensate for what they may be lacking in looks, youth or confidence. They are really great guys, but they're not so lucky in love. There are men who don't have the time for something full time and feel the money affords them their freedom. There is always a trade off, but it is not limited to the shallow desire for tons of young women on their arm (or in their bed) to make them look good. About 80% of the men I have communicated with are settling for what their money can get them. Those are the guys I am targeting.

I love salt and pepper and they are all over those sites. I want a successful man, that's a given on those sites. I also don't want something full time right now, but I want something real and worthwhile that has the potential for long term. The odds are good for me there. I am a rarity there so it works in my favor. And I'm in no hurry, so I can be choosy.

ETA: He wants what I am looking for, but was also open to passing time with someone in the meantime. He hasn't been on there long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships