Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 01:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,420 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I have a boyfriend and I think he is cheating on me. We have been toghether for 3 years and he just move in witn me last month. We were planing to get married soon. Before he move in, everything was Ok, but since we are now sharing house I realized that sometimes he was acting kind of "misterious". Sometimes he arrive home but did not enter, he stay in the car talking by phone and after hanging up he came in. Other times he was texting and when I was around he hide his phone. I was wonder was is going on? what is he hidding?
One day I saw him texting and hiding his cell and I comfront him asking Who are you texting with? He reacted very nervous and said "I am not texting, my phone is acting crazy". I asked Why you dont want to tell me who were you texting with? And he continues deniying the fact. The next day he was goin out of the country for vacations and we could not talk much. We have been sharing some emails and at the begining he accepted that he lied to me. It was a woman with whom he was texting. I asked who was this woman? and he said is just somebody who he knows. I have been asking and asking and finally he accepted that they have been maintaing some communication and shared a cup of coffe a couple of times. I told him that I think that there is something else going on between them and he says is not true. I know, for another person, that since he is vacation they have been comunicating with her by email almost every day. But he insist that is not true and that there is nothing going on between them. I dont want to overeact but I think the evidence is much against him. How can I know if he is really cheting on me or if this woman is just a "new friend". Personaly I think that a commited man can not be friend with female friends, sooner or later something else will develop. Please help me, I have invested a lot in this relationship and I dont want to throw it away for my insecurities and jelosy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 02:01 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,290,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiandmore View Post
Hi,
I have a boyfriend and I think he is cheating on me. We have been toghether for 3 years and he just move in witn me last month. We were planing to get married soon. Before he move in, everything was Ok, but since we are now sharing house I realized that sometimes he was acting kind of "misterious". Sometimes he arrive home but did not enter, he stay in the car talking by phone and after hanging up he came in. Other times he was texting and when I was around he hide his phone. I was wonder was is going on? what is he hidding?
One day I saw him texting and hiding his cell and I comfront him asking Who are you texting with? He reacted very nervous and said "I am not texting, my phone is acting crazy". I asked Why you dont want to tell me who were you texting with? And he continues deniying the fact. The next day he was goin out of the country for vacations and we could not talk much. We have been sharing some emails and at the begining he accepted that he lied to me. It was a woman with whom he was texting. I asked who was this woman? and he said is just somebody who he knows. I have been asking and asking and finally he accepted that they have been maintaing some communication and shared a cup of coffe a couple of times. I told him that I think that there is something else going on between them and he says is not true. I know, for another person, that since he is vacation they have been comunicating with her by email almost every day. But he insist that is not true and that there is nothing going on between them. I dont want to overeact but I think the evidence is much against him. How can I know if he is really cheting on me or if this woman is just a "new friend". Personaly I think that a commited man can not be friend with female friends, sooner or later something else will develop. Please help me, I have invested a lot in this relationship and I dont want to throw it away for my insecurities and jelosy.
A committed man CAN be a friend with females without "something else" developing, but I think your senses are leading you in the right direction here.

Seems to me at every possible turn he has lied to you and given you just enough information to get you off his back for the time being. When you determine that it isn't enough and you don't believe it, he gives you a bit more of the information and so forth and so on....

It doesn't sound good hon', sorry...

Old 09-02-2009, 02:17 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,019,975 times
If it's an innocent friendship, why would he lie about it? I would have questions too.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:22 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,582,765 times
I don't think it would be a problem if he has female friends, but the lies are not justified if he's "innocent". If she's just a friend you should even be able to meet her.

At least from my perspective, no trust = no marriage.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:33 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,420,851 times
How old are you two?

Old 09-02-2009, 02:56 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,538,403 times
Wo-wo-wo-wo, he's going on vacation and you're not going? I'd be suspicious about it too.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:24 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,297,939 times
You are right! Most of the faithful fellas I know have ZERO close friends of the opposite sex. Their wife is their best and most of the time, ONLY gal pal. Now the fellas I know who have been known to stray, well they are always looking to befriend a good-looking, or even not so good-looking, unsuspecting gal, "pal." Good luck.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:29 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,893,685 times
That's when you say, "You move now!" "You keep hide things from me" "then you raugh at me". HAHA. Seriously though, he's seems like a shady character.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:50 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
Since he is on "vacation" you have the perfect opportunity to set his stuff on the front yard and change the door locks. But sweetie, you will never have a trusting relationship with anyone if you really believe that men and women cant be just friends. Your insecurities and doubts will drive you crazy. You either trust your man or you dont. This man doesnt appear to be the one to place your trust in. But that doesnt mean trustworthy men arent out there. And now seems to be the opportune time to find one. Good luck!

Old 09-03-2009, 09:19 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,639,656 times
In most cases, you can trust your womans intuition. Most women have found out that when they suspected their partner was cheating, they were correct.
I hope you are wrong but having had the same issue before, I doubt you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships