Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 06:02 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,682,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
So because you dont like it or some of the other older folks dont like it than we should make laws to outlaw it? Thats the single craziest idea I have ever heard. As an american you have what is called freedom of expression and who the heck is the govt of a **** poor city like Orlando to tell anyone what they can and cant wear? SO I guess if they dont like baseball caps backward they will make a law to bar that? What about the EMO kids that wear the all black clothes and long black jackets, they may be next too. The point is the govt has NO RIGHT to tell you what you can wear or how high on your waist your pants can be. If someone had the nuts to challenge the law it would be destroyed in a resonable court of law.
Speed, if you scrolled to some of the posts above mine, you'd see that it's not just the 'older' CD'ers that don't care for that particular style of dress and/or speech...

Now...as a fellow American, and as a US Army Infantry veteran, I agree with you wholeheartedly on your point about government needing to keep hands off of certain things...my military brethren and I, both in the past and in the present day, have served our country to insure that the freedoms of speech and expression you mentioned are available for all...and you're right on another point as well (see---us old folks aren't as inflexible as you might think )---if perchance someone DID challenge the laws set up like those in Florida, then there's a strong possibility that a shrewd barrister could poke holes in them and thus get them overturned...

But that leads back to what TexasUser was trying to say in his/her original post---what's up with all that nonsense, and what can be done to hold it up to ridicule so that folks will think twice before adopting that style of dress/speech? Nobody's really trying to deny those folks their freedom of expression, but if enough other folks think that what they're doing is silly, juvenile, and non-productive, then can't a solution be found that won't result in raised voices, clenched fists, name calling and just plain uncalled-for anger? Ball's in your court, Speed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 06:41 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,124,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
I am seeing guys wear XXXXXX Large shirts, very loose pants and they show their boxers with lot of jewerly.

What is so nice about this? I find this disturbing and especially for the young kids. They walk like they are limping. I don't understand them. They mumble.
Turn on your TV and watch about any Rap video. You'll see why.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:28 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,197,137 times
This Punk Look came from the Prisons.It was a way of showing you were a B****.

I guess some didn't get the Memo or their this way.

hillman

Old 07-12-2009, 10:51 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,813,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I agree one guy I work with dresses like this...i always tell him ...i can see your butt....pull your pants up...the sad thing is he wears it like this while swimming with his uns showing too! I think its a phase. He is only 20.
Since you are a girl. That must be ok with you?

Old 07-12-2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatwave13 View Post
Ha, ha, I love it!
In my work, I deal with a lot of teens on a daily basis and I once asked some teenaged girls about this style of dress on the boys, whether they like it or not, and nearly all of them said, "yeah, we think it's hot" or "yeah, he looks really cool" and so on and so forth. As long as these kids look up to their hero rappers, athletes, and musicians who dress this way and basically set the style as such.....these kids will follow their ways.
Ask them the same question 10 years from now.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I agree with Chessie. This one should be in fashion, but while your here......
I know....this look is sick! Just as much as it is to see women showing their underwear as well!

Women's showing their underwear looks nice.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
Turn on your TV and watch about any Rap video. You'll see why.
I am aware of this.

I am seeing guys in 30's like this.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:00 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Riviera Beach, FL already passed a law against this - last I heard Orlando was trying to - and now, even the FL Senate, I believe is still waiting for the House of Reps to pass a companion measure.

Last I read, it was denied in Louisiana.

Florida's Saggy Pants Bill Through Senate - Associated Content

A Saggy-Pants Furor in Riviera Beach - TIME

State passes droopy pants law | U.S. | Reuters
As much as I hate this ghetto crap, I can't say I'm thrilled with bills regulating our attire, either!

Old 07-12-2009, 11:02 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,255,736 times
This fad won't last...anyone remember the Madonna fad?? Bra's under mesh tops Or big blazers with shoulder pads with a bra underneath??

IMO the entire look is ridiculous...the pants hang like my 2 year olds diaper when he wakes up after a full nights sleep

Old 07-12-2009, 11:05 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,074,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
This fad won't last...anyone remember the Madonna fad?? Bra's under mesh tops Or big blazers with shoulder pads with a bra underneath??
I wish I could agree with you, but this fad has held on for the last 15 years, give or take. It doesn't seem to wanna die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships