Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 09:27 AM

323 posts, read 806,486 times

Advertisements

I say just go for it!!! Grow a pair, and just go up and say hi!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 08:41 PM

232 posts, read 594,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
In a bar/restaurant - send a drink over to test the water and if she is interested (and has any common decency)
God Damnit! God! Damnit!

No!

Do NOT buy a girl you don't know a drink at a bar!

I repeat!

DO NOT BUY A GIRL YOU DON'T KNOW A DRINK AT A BAR!

You will waste so much money doing this. Do not buy a girl ANYTHING beyond a coffee until you're going steady and had sex atleast once.

Ladies!

How many men have bought you drinks before? And how many of them did you ever go out with?

Exactly!

Old 07-21-2009, 08:59 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,894,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanosphere View Post
God Damnit! God! Damnit!

No!

Do NOT buy a girl you don't know a drink at a bar!

I repeat!

DO NOT BUY A GIRL YOU DON'T KNOW A DRINK AT A BAR!

You will waste so much money doing this. Do not buy a girl ANYTHING beyond a coffee until you're going steady and had sex atleast once.

Ladies!

How many men have bought you drinks before? And how many of them did you ever go out with?

Exactly!
I see you've made great progress with your tourettes.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGosh Josh View Post
Whenever I go out with my buddies and we spot a cute girl, they're always pushing me to go talk to her, but I've never been able to figure out exactly how to go about it without it being weird and awkward.

I've always thought it'd be weird if someone I didn't know just came up started talking to me.

What's the best way to approach this? I know everybody says "just be yourself" which is fine, because I never try to be somebody I'm not.

But it just feels so awkward to just approach a girl I don't know and TRY to start a conversation.

You gals got any input?
I've been studying and implementing attraction/pickup techniques for the past couple of weeks, with very good results.

I switch back and forth between "Direct/Day Game" and "Indirect/Night Game."

Girl's aren't approached a lot during the day (when they're out shopping, at the cafe or walking down the street) so for these I use direct openers; compliments that make my interest and intentions known off the bat.

Just some examples, I saw a girl walking in a multicolored dress that had some sort of frilly bits to it. So I said "Hey, I'm totally digging the dress." She said "Oh thanks." I replied, "Yeah, me and my ex-girlfriend used to sit in and watch Blue Planet every Sunday night. It totally reminds me of the lion fish."

I killed 3 birds with 1 stone in this statement.

1) I used a Quirky Compliment. Girls are so used to hearing "Damn babe, you gorgeous!" or "You got really pretty eyes." They'll remember and cherish a wild, unusual compliment out of the blue. Another time, I told a girl "You know what? You have a really nice voice. Do you want to be my voice mail greet?" The other day, I told a girl with a platinum-blond bowl-cut that "I like your hair. I saw a tiny, puppy Yorkie dog that had the same hair. You should have seen it, it was adorable.

2) I Social-Proofed. Women want men that other women want. By mentioning an "ex-girlfriend" I demonstrate that I'm currently single (the "ex" part) that girls find, or can find, me attractive (the "girl" part) and that I'm capable of having a relationship (the "girlfriend" part)

3) I Demonstrated Higher Value. I showed that I don't watch all the same low brow stuff everyone else watches. I enjoy Blue Planet and nature documentaries. It shows intelligence and class.

We then shared a conversation over nature documentaries, then film and so forth. Unfortunately, she had a boyfriend (he drove up and picked her up) but I'm confident that if she was single, I could have kept talking to her and taken her out.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:

We then shared a conversation over nature documentaries, then film and so forth. Unfortunately, she had a boyfriend (he drove up and picked her up) but I'm confident that if she was single, I could have kept talking to her and taken her out.
So you struck out?
You don't see MLB's players saying, "well, if it was a different pitcher I'm confident I could have crushed him" do ya?

Old 07-21-2009, 09:29 PM

Just yesterday, I was in line at Starbuck, and this really cute girl was waiting by the bar for her drink. She had short, black hair. I went up to her and said, "Excuse me, I only got a minute, I gotta run and put quarters in the parking meter, but I just gotta tell you; I don't think a lot of girls can pull off short hair, but you totally make it work."

I used a False Time Constraint here. When most women are approached, they're usual first thought is "Great, another guy trying to chat me up. How long am I gonna have to listen to this guy?" But by starting off by saying "I only got a minute," it gets her think, "Oh. Well, I guess I can spare a minute or two. Let's see what he got."

She then gave me this big, adorable smile and said "Thank you" and actually introduced herself to me first. She told me her friend did it for her.

I was like, "Wow, you let your friend cut your hair? I wouldn't trust my friends with anything sharp, much less let them near my hair!"

She laughed and told me, "Yeah, my friend Steph/Sally/whatever and I are really close. I met her when I was studying abroad in London, and I..."

I cut her off there by saying "Oh my God, London? I love the UK! Have you ever been to Scotland?" And proceeded to to Demonstrate Higher Value by briefly talking about a study abroad trip to Scotland. I then joked, "You know, they got those stone-faced guards up there too, except they're all in kilts!" She laughed at that, "And there are so many Highlander and Braveheart impersonators everywhere!"

I'm going on a date with her tomorrow.

Last edited by Cyanosphere; 07-21-2009 at 09:40 PM..

Old 07-21-2009, 09:31 PM

Yeah right...

Old 07-21-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by That-Guy View Post
So you struck out?
You don't see MLB's players saying, "well, if it was a different pitcher I'm confident I could have crushed him" do ya?
He drove up, honked his horn and she said "that's my bf. I gotta go. It was fun meeting you though." What was I supposed to do? Chase and latch onto the car like the Terminator?

Old 07-21-2009, 09:35 PM

Quote:
He drove up, honked his horn and she said "that's my bf. I gotta go. It was fun meeting you though." What was I supposed to do? Chase and latch onto the car like the Terminator?
Yeah, duh...

Old 07-21-2009, 09:50 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,057,740 times
Quote:
Just yesterday, I was in line at Starbuck, and this really cute girl was waiting by the bar for her drink. She had short, black hair. I went up to her and said, "Excuse me, I only got a minute, I gotta run and put quarters in the parking meter, but I just gotta tell you; I don't think a lot of girls can pull off short hair, but you totally make it work."

I used a False Time Constraint here. When most women are approached, they're usual first thought is "Great, another guy trying to chat me up. How long am I gonna have to listen to this guy?" But by starting off by saying "I only got a minute," it gets her think, "Oh. Well, I guess I can spare a minute or two. Let's see what he got."

She then gave me this big, adorable smile and said "Thank you" and actually introduced herself to me first. She told me her friend did it for her.

I was like, "Wow, you let your friend cut your hair? I wouldn't trust my friends with anything sharp, much less let them near my hair!"

She laughed and told me, "Yeah, my friend Steph/Sally/whatever and I are really close. I met her when I was studying abroad in London, and I..."

I cut her off there by saying "Oh my God, London? I love the UK! Have you ever been to Scotland?" And proceeded to to Demonstrate Higher Value by briefly talking about a study abroad trip to Scotland. I then joked, "You know, they got those stone-faced guards up there too, except they're all in kilts!" She laughed at that, "And there are so many Highlander and Braveheart impersonators everywhere!"

I'm going on a date with her tomorrow.
Good work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships