Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 09:53 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,899,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Good work.
I hope your not actually buying that crap. I suffered through a couple episodes of "the pickup artist" and he's totally robbing all this from that show.

I'm guessing he was in line at Burger Kind complimenting a fat pregnant chick on her ability to swallow a tripple whipper whole. And yes, he has a date tomorrow night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 09:59 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,440,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanosphere View Post
He drove up, honked his horn and she said "that's my bf. I gotta go. It was fun meeting you though." What was I supposed to do? Chase and latch onto the car like the Terminator?
Tsk, tsk. That program hasn't taught you guys how to get rid of the boyfriend yet???? Oh my god!!! You should totally ask for a refund.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:01 PM

232 posts, read 594,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That-Guy View Post
I hope your not actually buying that crap. I suffered through a couple episodes of "the pickup artist" and he's totally robbing all this from that show.

I'm guessing he was in line at Burger Kind complimenting a fat pregnant chick on her ability to swallow a tripple whipper whole. And yes, he has a date tomorrow night.
I have repeatedly stated that I've watched the Pick Up Artist, that I've read Mystery Method and Magic Bullets (The book by the guy from the Pick Up Artist) that I subscribe to Infield Insider and So Suave. I've not hidden this at all.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:04 PM

23,231 posts, read 29,071,258 times
Default Do What I do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGosh Josh View Post

What's the best way to approach this? I know everybody says "just be yourself" which is fine, because I never try to be somebody I'm not.

But it just feels so awkward to just approach a girl I don't know and TRY to start a conversation.
Try a little comedy for opening lines. Always works for me!

Hi, my name is _____. I'm just curious. What would your husband think of you being in this bar tonight? (I've used that line, and twice, the response: How did you know I was married? I didn't! It was a wild stab in the dark!)

Hi! my name is _____.The buddy I'm with tonite tells me that you've been married 7 times but never divorced, and you had hefty life insurance policies on each and every one of them. You don't seem to be that type! True or False?

Hi! my name is_____. Would you like to do a bank robbery with me? I'm looking for a driver with a spotless driving record who wouldn't panic if a helicopter suddenly hovered over the car. Is that you?

Hi! my name is_____. I'm currently on parole after serving 20 years on a murder charge, and I swear it'll never, ever happen again. What's your name?
Where did you buy that pretty blouse?

Old 07-21-2009, 10:09 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,082,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That-Guy View Post

Who knows. If it works for him, that's great. Myself, I've never had trouble picking up women.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:32 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,899,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Who knows. If it works for him, that's great. Myself, I've never had trouble picking up women.
Idk, I don't believe him. If it actually worked for him, he sure wouldn't be here telling us about it.

I guess I would like to give women (not including whores) in general more credit that they aren't dumb enough to be conned into a date by some dork on city-data who read a book.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:10 PM

358 posts, read 983,723 times
I guess I should clarify that a lot of the time, I'm not necessarily at a bar.

It can be anywhere from a cafe on campus to the book store or at the gas station filling up.

I've always felt that one of the most awkward places to talk to girls is at the gym, haha.

There's a girl at work that I'm somewhat attracted to. I'm in the process of trying to get something going with her.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:39 PM

I use Opinion Threads a lot; I ask a strange, vague question needing a female opinion on something and when they ask why I'm asking, it gives me an opportunity to tell a brief story that portrays my qualities (thusly, Demonstrating Higher Value)

What are some of your qualities? What's unique about you? Any talents? Skills? Funny, interesting stories?

Old 07-21-2009, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Tsk, tsk. That program hasn't taught you guys how to get rid of the boyfriend yet???? Oh my god!!! You should totally ask for a refund.
In the past 3 weeks, I've scored a one night stand, a frequent F buddy, another frequent make out buddy, plus a girl I'm working long distance until she gets back from vacation and a date with another tomorrow. I really don't care what happens to frilly dress.

Old 07-22-2009, 12:01 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,440,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanosphere View Post
In the past 3 weeks, I've scored a one night stand, a frequent F buddy, another frequent make out buddy, plus a girl I'm working long distance until she gets back from vacation and a date with another tomorrow. I really don't care what happens to frilly dress.
LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships