Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 10:12 AM

1,422 posts, read 3,445,131 times

Advertisements

thank you all so much. and i do plan on staying out of it. i said what i had to and thats that. and of course im going to let her come live at home. and yes she will abide by same rules before she left.besides i will have a babysitter for the 12 year old when hubby and i (we've been happily married 21 years)want to go out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 10:15 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,823,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
I'm afraid she's past the "child" stage. A woman who's been living with a man (with two men) for 3 years, - you can't put her back into her pink bedroom with stuffed toys. She knows a thing or two about life. I am for relating to her as to any other adult. She insisted on being grown up, she has to learn how to keep being grown-up.
This kid needs lots of guidance at this point. There is no reason the rest of her life has to be f@cked up just because she was willful and stupid at 19.

Yes, make her be responsible, don't baby her - but help her to get to the proper resources she needs to get herself out of this situation and onto a better path. None of this "you made your bed now lie in it" crap - good grief.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
This kid needs lots of guidance at this point. There is no reason the rest of her life has to be f@cked up just because she was willful and stupid at 19.

Yes, make her be responsible, don't baby her - but help her to get to the proper resources she needs to get herself out of this situation and onto a better path. None of this "you made your bed now lie in it" crap - good grief.
we've already looked into an anullment.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:28 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,823,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb8997 View Post
we've already looked into an anullment.
Good for you. THAT is being a good mom

(I have a 19 year old, I don't envy you!)

Old 07-21-2009, 10:37 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,072,780 times
I would strongly urge this kid to get into college and get an education. It's a given that the marriage isn't long for this world. She needs to learn that she can be on her own - truly on her own - not living with some man in his home. She's made some mistakes, but she's still young enough to turn it around.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:41 AM

14,569 posts, read 23,100,165 times
The husband sounds like a serious chump, but at least he finally stood up to her and tossed her ass out. Pittsburgh hit the nail on the head saying that she did an adult thing and now it's time to act like an adult.

I hate to say it but this one is probably destined to fail. All you can do is try to control the fire.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I would strongly urge this kid to get into college and get an education. It's a given that the marriage isn't long for this world. She needs to learn that she can be on her own - truly on her own - not living with some man in his home. She's made some mistakes, but she's still young enough to turn it around.
she does attend college at night and also works during the day. she wants to be a teacher. so its not like she is out partying all the time. and she does'nt even drink. it was one night she was at a house party and drank a little too much and did not want to drive. she has always been a good kid. never drank or smoked so i think he is being a little controlling. she is the type of kid who needs to be doing something all the time. they used to do sports together all the time,tennis,softball.vollyball. but i guess they are too busy anymore. it was one night she wanted to hang with her friends. he feels like she is still acting like a teenager. hello!!!she's 19. i said from the very begining she was not ready.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:26 AM

14,569 posts, read 23,100,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb8997 View Post
she does attend college at night and also works during the day. she wants to be a teacher. so its not like she is out partying all the time. and she does'nt even drink. it was one night she was at a house party and drank a little too much and did not want to drive. she has always been a good kid. never drank or smoked so i think he is being a little controlling. she is the type of kid who needs to be doing something all the time. they used to do sports together all the time,tennis,softball.vollyball. but i guess they are too busy anymore. it was one night she wanted to hang with her friends. he feels like she is still acting like a teenager. hello!!!she's 19. i said from the very begining she was not ready.
He's probably controlling because she's already left him once for another man. That sure as hell didn't inspire confidence, believe me.

Old 07-21-2009, 12:10 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,466,481 times
Too young to be married. Let her work it out. It's her bed, she made it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships