Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 08:12 AM

1,422 posts, read 3,442,459 times

Advertisements

My 19 year old got married in may to her boyfriend whom she's been dating and living with for 3 years. she assured me this is what she wanted. now there is a little bit of history with her. last year she broke up with him to date a guy she met at her job. well he turned out to be a total ass,she realized she loved the previous boyfriend and he took her back and they got married in may. she works during day attends community college at night. she has met with friends from work to go to dunkin donuts and apparently he has trust issues with her. last week she came over early in the am before work to shower and eat. i asked her why she was not at home. she told me she was with her husband and friends the night before drank a little too much and could not drive and he left her there. well i thought this was a little suspicous and it turns out she lied to me she was at her girlfriends house and her husband was pissed she did not come home. he had every right. now she feels like she does'nt want to be married he's feeling bad and kicked her out cause she went out last night with freinds. why she would do that knowing things are not good is beyond me. maybe she's looking for a way out. but he's texting me asking what he should do. i dont want to get involved cause i feel she should not have gotten married in 1st place.but now that she is she needs to act married. she did a mature thing and needs to grow up. any advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 08:24 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,054,276 times
She's entirely too young to be married. I've noticed, nowadays, especially amongst people in their late teens/early 20's, is how they're in love with the idea of being MARRIED. Having a fairytale wedding, marching down the aisle in all white, in front of all their friends, family, and sometimes foes, but they don't want the responsibility of what it takes to keep a marriage IN TACT. Its obvious she still wants to run the streets, hang out, drink, and do whatever else a MARRIED woman has no business doing. As long as her husband isn't putting his hands on your daughter, I'd stay out of it. She made that bed, now she has to lay in it.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:29 AM

1,422 posts, read 3,442,459 times
i agree. the only thing different with this is she did not have fairy tale wedding. they went to courthouse and then we all went to dinner. im so glad i did not spend thousands on a wedding. i would kill her myself. yea i think she liked the idea of living on her own with him. but i did leave one thing out.its the fact that he owns his own home and its a mother daughter they live in a seperate area but not the kitchen. they are from brazil and the mother and daughter live upstairs and its not kept very clean,she buys food and they eat it,and when she says something to him about it he take offense to it. she wants to be with him but she wants to live with him,not his mom and sis. they expect her to learn there way of cooking and stay home. they are nice people and i like him alot and he is very good to her,but this is not brazil.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:38 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,054,276 times
Well, there are still a lot of people who just want to be MARRIED. Big wedding or not. They're in love with the idea of being called someone's wife or calling someone their HUSSSSSSSSSSSSBAND but have no idea what it takes. They've been already living together for 3 years, so I'm sure she has already been like the way she is...hanging out & drinking. Her husband thought she was probably going to change overnight once they said their "I Do's", which didn't happen. His mother and his sister living in the same home, but in a separate area, adds even more tension to the already doomed marriage. If you really want to give them both advice, perhaps tell them they need to seperate and go to marriage counseling or take some marriage classes, which MOST churches make a couple take before marrying them, so that they can understand the meaning of marriage.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:57 AM

2,046 posts, read 5,588,918 times
I would text him back and say I am sorry but I really do not know what should be done and let them figure it out. She married and she needs to grow up regardless of what the consquences are. Its so hard to be a mom and want everything to work out with your children but the fact of the matter is, sometimes they need to solve their own issues. It looks like this may be a good time.

Sorry

Old 07-21-2009, 09:26 AM

821 posts, read 2,038,759 times
The fact is she is married and as much advice you may want to give I think you need to politely bow out of it and tell them they need to figure it out...

You daughter knew he lived in that Mother/Daughter right - if so its just excuses!

Old 07-21-2009, 09:36 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,455,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC JC Mom View Post
The fact is she is married and as much advice you may want to give I think you need to politely bow out of it and tell them they need to figure it out...

You daughter knew he lived in that Mother/Daughter right - if so its just excuses!

Old 07-21-2009, 09:44 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,718,121 times
Strongly suggest to him that they go for counseling and then not another word. Good luck!

PS: Don't let her come back to live at home if it doesn't work out unless she pays her way and lives by YOUR house rules!

Old 07-21-2009, 09:51 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb8997 View Post
My 19 year old got married in may to her boyfriend whom she's been dating and living with for 3 years. she assured me this is what she wanted. now there is a little bit of history with her. last year she broke up with him to date a guy she met at her job. well he turned out to be a total ass,she realized she loved the previous boyfriend and he took her back and they got married in may. she works during day attends community college at night. she has met with friends from work to go to dunkin donuts and apparently he has trust issues with her. last week she came over early in the am before work to shower and eat. i asked her why she was not at home. she told me she was with her husband and friends the night before drank a little too much and could not drive and he left her there. well i thought this was a little suspicous and it turns out she lied to me she was at her girlfriends house and her husband was pissed she did not come home. he had every right. now she feels like she does'nt want to be married he's feeling bad and kicked her out cause she went out last night with freinds. why she would do that knowing things are not good is beyond me. maybe she's looking for a way out. but he's texting me asking what he should do. i dont want to get involved cause i feel she should not have gotten married in 1st place.but now that she is she needs to act married. she did a mature thing and needs to grow up. any advice.
Find out what you have to do to annul the marriage right away.

This CHILD was too young to be married in the first place and forcing/encouraging her to stay married is a huge mistake. Help her by getting her out of it and reminding her that she has a lot of growing up to do, especially before she ever gets married again.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:59 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,455,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Find out what you have to do to annul the marriage right away.

This CHILD was too young to be married in the first place and forcing/encouraging her to stay married is a huge mistake. Help her by getting her out of it and reminding her that she has a lot of growing up to do, especially before she ever gets married again.
I'm afraid she's past the "child" stage. A woman who's been living with a man (with two men) for 3 years, - you can't put her back into her pink bedroom with stuffed toys. She knows a thing or two about life. I am for relating to her as to any other adult. She insisted on being grown up, she has to learn how to keep being grown-up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships