Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 08:00 PM

3,665 posts, read 8,668,818 times

Advertisements

First, a little history. My husband works with a female who is married to another employee at the same plant. My husband told me ( a few years ago) that the female employee was big, fat and ugly and they dont work together they just work in the same deptartment.

Well we went to the company picnic and I met her, when she kept calling him by his first name I asked who that was .He said that was ( so and so) I was shocked. I said "oh big, fat, ugly so and so ????? He laughed and said ...welllll? She is skinny and petite with a huge rack.

On the way home from the picnic my husband filled me in on her history, how many kids she has how many times she's been married and even knew how long she has been married to her current husband.
He kept telling me all about her and I said thats enough, you shouldn't even know all those details.
Then I found out that they have been partners for over a year, they ride the same cart together all day responding to breakdowns in the plant.Holding ladders for each to climb up, etc.

My son started working at the plant a month ago and he told me that my husband and his (partner) stop by his area to chat with him and that his (partner) often pats my husband on the shoulder.
To get his attention or when they are joking.

I have NEVER touched another coworker male or female for any reason and I think this is crossing the line. My hubby says she does it to everyone and that it is no big deal. He doesn't think it is inappropriate and won't tell her to stop. He doesn't want to start anything at work.
If its not inappropriate why all the lies?

I told him to give her a message. Stop touching me or my wife is going to break your Moderator cut: Language arm!!!!!

What is your opinion?

Last edited by bmwguydc; 08-24-2009 at 09:19 PM.. Reason: Please keep to PG-13 standard, and not just use the letter and asterisks for certain words. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 08:06 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Well, women tend to touch men they like. There are some who just do it without any special meaning behind it... It sounds like blue-collar environment. I would think it's more common there. I wouldn't really worry about that. What I find disturbing, though, is your husband lying to you about what she looks like and the fact they work together.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:10 PM

My thoughts exactly. We have been going over this since last weekend. I asked him why would you lie if you were not hiding something?

Old 08-24-2009, 08:11 PM

295 posts, read 838,253 times
He may not have told you the truth as he figured you would have flipped if you knew what she really looked like. But be honest, is it the way she looks or the fact that she's giving your husband so much attention that's bothering you?

Old 08-24-2009, 08:14 PM

The fact that they seem to have a connection. As in telling each other all their life details. My husband has not remembered my birthday in a couple of years and he can tell me how long she has been married.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:15 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,456,807 times
So putting this together with your other thread that you two haven't been intimate to the point of you being driven up the wall, - ..... maybe you've found your answer?

Old 08-24-2009, 08:16 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times
If you are "taking care of business" at home with your husband then he will not have the desire (or energy) to even think about fooling around with a co-worker.

It doesn't matter how inappropriate another woman is, if your husband is having his needs met at home, he will have no reason to stray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
First, a little history. My husband works with a female who is married to another employee at the same plant. My husband told me ( a few years ago) that the female employee was big, fat and ugly and they dont work together they just work in the same deptartment.

Well we went to the company picnic and I met her, when she kept calling him by his first name I asked who that was .He said that was ( so and so) I was shocked. I said "oh big, fat, ugly so and so ????? He laughed and said ...welllll? She is skinny and petite with a huge rack.

On the way home from the picnic my husband filled me in on her history, how many kids she has how many times she's been married and even knew how long she has been married to her current husband.
He kept telling me all about her and I said thats enough, you shouldn't even know all those details.
Then I found out that they have been partners for over a year, they ride the same cart together all day responding to breakdowns in the plant.Holding ladders for each to climb up, etc.

My son started working at the plant a month ago and he told me that my husband and his (partner) stop by his area to chat with him and that his (partner) often pats my husband on the shoulder.
To get his attention or when they are joking.

I have NEVER touched another coworker male or female for any reason and I think this is crossing the line. My hubby says she does it to everyone and that it is no big deal. He doesn't think it is inappropriate and won't tell her to stop. He doesn't want to start anything at work.
If its not inappropriate why all the lies?

I told him to give her a message. Stop touching me or my wife is going to break your Moderator cut: Language arm!!!!!

What is your opinion?

Last edited by bmwguydc; 08-24-2009 at 09:21 PM.. Reason: Edited quoted text

Old 08-24-2009, 08:19 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,553,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, women tend to touch men they like. There are some who just do it without any special meaning behind it... It sounds like blue-collar environment. I would think it's more common there. I wouldn't really worry about that. What I find disturbing, though, is your husband lying to you about what she looks like and the fact they work together.
Yep.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:20 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
The fact that they seem to have a connection. As in telling each other all their life details. My husband has not remembered my birthday in a couple of years and he can tell me how long she has been married.
Spending a lot of time with a work husband/wife can be messy... even if no infidelity per se has happened... Sharing too much and trusting the other's opinions too much can be detrimental.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:21 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,553,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
If you are "taking care of business" at home with your husband then he will not have the desire (or energy) to even think about fooling around with a co-worker.

It doesn't matter how inappropriate another woman is, if your husband is having his needs met at home, he will have no reason to stray.
NOT true. Some people don't need a reason to stray.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships