Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 10:48 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,692,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenlisa View Post
that is what I am telling you you were not impressed about her looks or music but her inner beauty impressed you whether it was for buisness or not
Right, I get that. But I meet many people, male and female, whom I believe have beautiful personalities. But I don't think about them for hours after we meet like I did this woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 11:24 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,655,169 times
I don't have a type, historically if you look at guys I've dated including my current beau, no one looks the same. I have favorite features though like, green / hazel eyes, more built / or better than average (not super skinny though), usually dark hair but my b/f has a little lighter hair (not blonde). I guess I do usually stray off onto another path when it comes to who I'm attracted to. I typically find something whether it be looks or personality-related that is attractive to me.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:32 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,589,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
probably because I'm the underdog looks-wise, and I know how it feels to be judged by that alone.
Why are you so hard on yourself?

EVERYONE IS BEAUTIFUL / HANDSOME (whichever applies) IN THEIR OWN WAY.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:34 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,022,861 times
Yes, I have, in the past. But only b'c, like most people, I place limitations on myself--expectations that shouldn't exist. All they do is reduce your vision and raise the number of good people you're missing out on. For that reason I've dated various 'types' and don't go by looks.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:41 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,432,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
Why are you so hard on yourself?

EVERYONE IS BEAUTIFUL / HANDSOME (whichever applies) IN THEIR OWN WAY.
Haha, I'm not hard on myself, I'd rather remain humble and down to earth.

I love the way I look and I love that I don't attract but a certain type of men--usually ones who are humble and down to earth, as well.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:51 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,989,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Has this sort of thing ever happened to you where you met or saw someone who, on paper, you would never find attractive, but in person, you did?
Yes. A couple years ago at a Grammy dinner party Carole Bayer-Sager and Sharon Osborn were both at the table next to me and I would just taken aback at how absolutely beautiful they both looked. I mean hypnotizingly beautiful. I actually see Sharon every now and then at the local shopping center and she is really a pretty pretty woman for her age.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:54 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,692,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Yes. A couple years ago at a Grammy dinner party Carole Bayer-Sager and Sharon Osborn were both at the table next to me and I would just taken aback at how absolutely beautiful they both looked. I mean hypnotizingly beautiful. I actually see Sharon every now and then at the local shopping center and she is really a pretty pretty woman for her age.
Yes, both of those women are gorgeous.

Old 08-27-2009, 04:17 PM

22,377 posts, read 19,294,705 times
i would say being attracted to someone we normally aren't attracted to is a sign of maturity and would offer all kinds of wonderful growth and self-development, if we allow ourselves to follow it and see where it takes us. It asks us to not only see where an intution takes us, but also to step outside our known ways of doing things (also known as "getting over ourselves" and "getting out of a rut")

whether this particular person ends up being a date or even someone you get to know it all, is not the point, what is important is what you find out about yourself in the process. it absolutely bears exploring

Old 08-28-2009, 08:15 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,656,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
i would say being attracted to someone we normally aren't attracted to is a sign of maturity and would offer all kinds of wonderful growth and self-development, if we allow ourselves to follow it and see where it takes us. It asks us to not only see where an intution takes us, but also to step outside our known ways of doing things (also known as "getting over ourselves" and "getting out of a rut")

whether this particular person ends up being a date or even someone you get to know it all, is not the point, what is important is what you find out about yourself in the process. it absolutely bears exploring
Well said. I give you major rep points for this comment. And you're right. It does mean you've to grown as a person. When I was younger, I told myself I could never be attracted to someone who had kids, that just knowing she had kids would be an instant turn-off. But then I found out I was wrong. Many people experience this when it comes to things like race, weight, height, even political views. It can be a great wake-up call. Questioning your own beliefs every now and then is healthy.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:24 AM

3,256 posts, read 8,908,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
I don't have a type, historically if you look at guys I've dated including my current beau, no one looks the same. I have favorite features though like, green / hazel eyes, more built / or better than average (not super skinny though), usually dark hair but my b/f has a little lighter hair (not blonde). I guess I do usually stray off onto another path when it comes to who I'm attracted to. I typically find something whether it be looks or personality-related that is attractive to me.
I can pretty much echo that. Not one of my exes are anything like each other. I can say I have a type that I am attracted to physically, but that doesn't mean I will be attracted to "the person" inside that "hot" body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships