Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2009, 10:16 AM

259 posts, read 732,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
When you get to be my age (mid-40s), you start to think about more practical matters like where to live, making car payments, health insurance, and so on. I'm not interested in hoopla-hooping in the park.

But if you feel like dating this 44-year-old broke man who is living at his parent's house, I'll certainly be happy to DM you his phone number. I'm sure he'd be grateful, and quite hopeful as well. He probably hasn't had sex in a while.

W.

You know how old I am?

How old am I?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 10:20 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,399,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
I wouldn't be out dating, if I were broke and unemployed, but I don't feel compelled to criticize others for doing so.
I'm curious, why wouldn't date if you were broke and unemployed, is it okay to ask what reasoning would be?

Old 08-27-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
When you get to be my age (mid-40s), you start to think about more practical matters like where to live, making car payments, health insurance, and so on. I'm not interested in hoopla-hooping in the park.

But if you feel like dating this 44-year-old broke man who is living at his parent's house, I'll certainly be happy to DM you his phone number. I'm sure he'd be grateful, and quite hopeful as well. He probably hasn't had sex in a while.

W.
Oh gosh Woofie, if I wasn't married I'd jump on that. Kidding.
I am pretty sure that majority of women who are so passionately debating and defending this man would not go for him themselves for exactly those specific reasons.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:29 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,770,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I'm curious, why wouldn't date if you were broke and unemployed, is it okay to ask what reasoning would be?
Well, I've done it before. It is very stressful. I don't know if it is more of a male thing, but it is very hard on your self-confidence to be broke or unemployed. I doubt I'd be much fun, I doubt I'd have as much fun.

Plus I'd probably have to lower my standards. This may come as a shock ... ... but I've observed that women tend to like money.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
Well, I've done it before. It is very stressful. I don't know if it is more of a male thing, but it is very hard on your self-confidence to be broke or unemployed.

Plus I'd probably have to lower my standards considerably.
Thank you. My point exact.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:51 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,959,214 times
Quote:
I just got off the phone with one guy I met online. He is 44 and told me that the economy has hit him terribly, so he just moved back in with his parents. Now he is thinking of going back to school to get a degree in nursing or counseling. He asked me if I wanted to meet for coffee. I told him, "I don't really feel a connection but I wish you luck."

I mean, seriously. What woman is going to want to date a man after hearing that hard luck story?

I feel bad for him, but why would I want to date a man his age who is living at home?
Can't fault you here. Like it or not your ability to earn a living defines you in some ways in society. Thats why losing a job is such a gut punch for men. How many times have you heard women discuss their dates and mention their occupation if they are something like a doctor/lawyer/executive. Not saying its right, just an observation.

Then again at 44 you should have had a bit of a nest egg to survive for 6 months in case a rainy day comes.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:08 AM

12,970 posts, read 13,704,728 times
Should an Unemployed woman expect a man to take her out? Maybe in this uncertain economy guys should be looking at women who have substantial income also? or is there a double standard?

Old 08-27-2009, 11:12 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,770,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Should an Unemployed woman expect a man to take her out? Maybe in this uncertain economy guys should be looking at women who have substantial income also? or is there a double standard?
Is this serious?

Of course the standards are different for men and women.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:14 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,589,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Double Standards even though most will say it isn't I certainly don't hear much from others that women ask men out much.

And this when feminism assured equality - I certainly don't see or hear about this being practiced.

Don't get mad at me - I'm innocent.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:17 AM

3,440 posts, read 8,046,788 times
Quote:
I just got off the phone with one guy I met online. He is 44 and told me that the economy has hit him terribly, so he just moved back in with his parents. Now he is thinking of going back to school to get a degree in nursing or counseling. He asked me if I wanted to meet for coffee. I told him, "I don't really feel a connection but I wish you luck."

I mean, seriously. What woman is going to want to date a man after hearing that hard luck story?

I feel bad for him, but why would I want to date a man his age who is living at home?

Hay, you do what you haft to do, more power to you and you shouldn't feel feel bad about it. My only take is that if I were in that guys shoes my first priority would be finding a job or starting a business NOT trying to see some girl but I do know that all guys are different and some guys need female companionship more then others.

Anyhow, I still find it amusing that at the same time a female can live at home with her parents (and still have relations with men,hang out/party) for indefinite period and nobody will think any ill thoughts about her, you know,that she is lazy or something.

Regardless, I'm not going to loose any sleep over the double standard because I find that women who take advantage of this loophole turn out to be weaker then women who can take care of themselves; and with that being said, I would never marry/date a weak woman.

Last edited by Morphous01; 08-27-2009 at 11:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships