Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2009, 09:34 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,385,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
Its not the point of him being a professional or not, him having money or not, etc.

Its the point that he is in a transitional state right now where he need to be focusing on himself and where he wants to be, both career wise, financially, physically, etc.

When people are in those introspective stages, what can they really offer another? IMO it is not the time to date, its the time for him to focus on himself.
That's exactly want I meant.

Let me ask guys something.

When you are asking someone out, don't you feel better YOURSELF when you can take a woman out to a decent place (I'm not even saying some fancy restaurant), perhaps buy her flowers...
The reason why I keep saying that it's better for a guy to find a job, then date is for his own confidence! And I don't want to hear: "you are speculating, you don't know what's better for him." You are right, I don't know, but I would assume, he would feel much better knowing that he can treat a woman to a date.

For those who said: "oh it was JUST COFFEE", we are not discussing this specific situation only. I believe we are talking about in general at this point.

Last edited by max's mama; 08-27-2009 at 09:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 09:55 AM

259 posts, read 732,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
That's exactly want I meant.

Let me ask guys something.

When you are asking someone out, don't you feel better YOURSELF when you can take a woman out to a decent place (I'm not even saying some fancy restaurant), perhaps buy her flowers...
The reason why I keep saying that it's better for a guy to find a job, then date is for his own confidence! And I don't want to hear: "you are speculating, you don't know what's better for him." You are right, I don't know, but I would assume, he would feel much better knowing that he can treat a woman to a date.

For those who said: "oh it was JUST COFFEE", we are not discussing this specific situation only. I believe we are talking about in general at this point.

i care about people a million times more than i care about money or how much someone spends on me.

call me crazy but i'd rather go hula hooping in the park and laugh and laugh than go to an expensive restaurant and barely talk.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriekate View Post
i care about people a million times more than i care about money or how much someone spends on me.

call me crazy but i'd rather go hula hooping in the park and laugh and laugh than go to an expensive restaurant and barely talk.
You can only go hula hooping that many times, at some point you need to eat...and of course, you didn't read my post carefully, I never said expensive restaurant.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
You can only go hula hooping that many times, at some point you need to eat...and of course, you didn't read my post carefully, I never said expensive restaurant.

you said fancy. and you also said buying her flowers. (also, remember what they say about assuming )

my point is that life isn't about crap. life is about people.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:04 AM

Quote:
you said fancy. and you also said buying her flowers. (also, remember what they say about assuming )

my point is that life isn't about crap. life is about people.
I didn't say "fancy"! I said "decent, not even fancy". Please read carefully or I will come over and teach you how.

It's so funny, your statement about "life is about people". Unfortunately THIS life we live in is about being able to provide for yourself and someone else. Otherwise, we would all be living in tents, but even then we would still need to eat and who would go hunting?? MEN. That's right. Therefore, men need to be able to take care of their OWN self first, before they get someone else involved into their life. This, my friend, is a rule from the beginning of time.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
I didn't say "fancy"! I said "decent, not even fancy". Please read carefully or I will come over and teach you how.

It's so funny, your statement about "life is about people". Unfortunately THIS life we live in is about being able to provide for yourself and someone else. Otherwise, we would all be living in tents, but even then we would still need to eat and who would go hunting?? MEN. That's right. Therefore, men need to be able to take care of their OWN self first, before they get someone else involved into their life. This, my friend, is a rule from the beginning of time.

you're talking down to me.

i don't need anyone to provide for me. i can provide for myself.

yes, i didn't read the part where you said "not some fancy restaurant" and that's my bad, but i'm not a fan of how you're speaking to me.

are you a mom of a teenager?

Old 08-27-2009, 10:11 AM

282 posts, read 526,491 times
Yes,

They should be dating very charitable, (maybe blind), wealthy women.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:

yes, i didn't read the part where you said "not some fancy restaurant" and that's my bad, but i'm not a fan of how you're speaking to me.

I was kidding about "teaching you how", there was a wink at the end. I have misread many posts myself, we all do it. That's okay.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:13 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,451,384 times
Quote:

When you get to be my age (mid-40s), you start to think about more practical matters like where to live, making car payments, health insurance, and so on. I'm not interested in hoopla-hooping in the park.

But if you feel like dating this 44-year-old broke man who is living at his parent's house, I'll certainly be happy to DM you his phone number. I'm sure he'd be grateful, and quite hopeful as well. He probably hasn't had sex in a while.

W.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:14 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
I wouldn't be out dating, if I were broke and unemployed, but I don't feel compelled to criticize others for doing so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships