Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 12:42 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,215,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
I am shocked he even did this! I can't imagine this made things BETTER if they are trying to reconcile!
I'm with you. I would have said, "Look, I'll pretty much do anything to atone. But this isn't about making up for my actions. This is about wreaking vengeance, and I won't be a party to it. My lawyer will call your lawyer."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 12:42 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,655,567 times
While funny, this was also pretty dumb on her part. Now everyone will know that she was cheated on. I'd want that stuff to be kept private.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:46 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,811,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, did he humiliate her in public? Was he pounding his mistress at a busy intersection? Did he rent a blimp with an electronic sign publicizing his actions?

I would guess not. So yes, while her anger was totally justified, her response was totally out of proportion--and managed to make herself look worse in the process.

Think about it. By airing their dirty laundry in such a way that it's being talked about by a bunch of strangers on an internet forum, what she's actually done is draw even greater attention to her own pain and humiliation, not assuage it. Everybody's saying, "Why that's Joe! He cheated on Darla!" So now more people know about it than ever, thanks to the miracle of the internet and television.

What's more, as has already surfaced in this thread, there's going to be a considerable number of people who think, "Well, if she's that vindictive and mean-spirited, then small wonder he stepped out on her. The poor guy just probably wanted a little love."
EXACTLY. If having him do this REALLY made her feel better, she needs major help.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:50 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,448,492 times
Unless it is a situation where he WAS humiliating her publically - taking the other woman out on dates and their friends/co-workers knew about it, while she was left none the wiser and alone at home.

He had the option of NOT having an affair, and he had the option to say no, this is something I will not do. He looks like a weak man all over.

However, I'm also starting to think that really this was just a publicity stunt.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:00 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,448,492 times
Default Follow up question....

Why is it that if a man is henpecked and doesn't stand up for himself, doesn't talk to his SO about treating each other respectfully in the way they interact, speak, etc with each other, or he married a domineering woman and he is a weak man.......it is somehow the WOMAN'S fault???

Old 08-28-2009, 11:23 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,214,037 times
I was always fond of this one.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:33 PM

454 posts, read 689,757 times
thats just silly. I think it does more to get attention than anything. Really, what would a flock of drivers have to say to a complete stranger? Is this supposed to simulate the public be-headings of ancient days?

Give me a break...There are people in countries who really do get publicly killed or humiliated, that was a joke. Nor was it funny. They need to make up or break up...and get over it. Involving other people in their love triangle is just ridiculous to say the least.

Thats if this stunt was even real. Im reluctant to believe it's even true.

Old 08-29-2009, 03:03 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,215,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie3 View Post
Why is it that if a man is henpecked and doesn't stand up for himself, doesn't talk to his SO about treating each other respectfully in the way they interact, speak, etc with each other, or he married a domineering woman and he is a weak man.......it is somehow the WOMAN'S fault???
Because it says worlds about how she deals with anger. It also shows that she lacks a sense of proportion. And by publicizing her husband's infidelity, it shows that she lacks judgment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships