Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 06:35 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,492,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
Due to the inherent biological differences between the genders, I think many women do not understand how important sex is to most men. Many women are unable to comprehend how powerful the sex drive is for most men and many women underestimate the extent to which men are interested in sex.
I agree with you. Women can push sex under the table. I can at least. But for men, it's totally different. They need sex. So if they are not getting it in their relationship, they are going to start looking elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 06:40 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,919,087 times
I can't answer that one, being a woman. I can tell you that the lack of sex is likely to make men stray that normally wouldn't.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:45 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,193,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizCab44 View Post
If she is bending over backward to keep her man happy and he is still cheating on her, then what does that say about this whole "good sex" theory?
It says that good sex alone is not enough to keep some men from cheating, but that was not exactly Woof's question/point.

Is good sex alone enough to keep a man from cheating? Obviously, the answer to that is no in many instances. But when "sex has gone dry" (as Woof initially discussed), you can bet that cheating is much more likely.

I suspect that great sex diminishes the chance of a man cheating, but nothing will entirely prevent prevent a man (or woman) from cheating. The issues leading up to infidelity -- and the people involved in it -- are much too complex for there to be any one, sure-fire cure all.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:52 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,054,677 times
Some guys are just piggish enough to want more than what they have at home. It's way too easy to put the blame on the woman (which is what is happening here).

A cheater is a cheater is a cheater.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:56 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,919,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Some guys are just piggish enough to want more than what they have at home. It's way too easy to put the blame on the woman (which is what is happening here).

My statement applies to women as well as men.

Old 08-30-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Nonsense. This is a laughingly simplistic bromide that has nothing to say about the complexities that lead people to marital infidelity.

Old 08-30-2009, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
My statement applies to women as well as men.
Well, my post does too. I was just going with the flow of the thread - Man straying from woman.

Old 08-30-2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
Nonsense. This is a laughingly simplistic bromide that has nothing to say about the complexities that lead people to marital infidelity.
Really? lol.

So are you saying a cheater is not really a cheater? What is a cheater then, professor?

Old 08-30-2009, 07:38 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,492,011 times
Quote:
Really? lol.

So are you saying a cheater is not really a cheater? What is a cheater then, professor?

I agree with Professor's comment, Spinx.

Your statement was a simplistic bromide.

Old 08-30-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Really? lol.

Your hackneyed "a cheater is a cheater" statement imparts ethical equivalency to the lonely old coot who strikes up an affair with a dear old widowed friend after his frigid wife hasn't touched him decades to the reckless hound dog who chases gals every Saturday night at the local pool hall while his loving wife is at home with the kids.

Before one paints with a such a broad and simplistic brush, I would kindly suggest that context matters a very great deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships