Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 12:30 AM

434 posts, read 933,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
I agree with you. Women can push sex under the table. I can at least. But for men, it's totally different. They need sex. So if they are not getting it in their relationship, they are going to start looking elsewhere.
It covers only some men not all
I know some do it just based on pure greed
Those guys/gals are the most disgusting ones
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 12:40 AM

434 posts, read 933,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Men are less likely to stray if you pick a man with strong character and virtue. You choose a guy with questionable character and no sense of honesty, rightness and virtue and he could possibly cheat on you no matter what.
I totally agree!

Old 09-03-2009, 05:09 AM

168 posts, read 378,527 times
If a man is a good man, who is committed to his wife he will never cheat no matter what. How can any man lower himself this way and more importantly how can any man hurt any person that they love. People that cheat are selfish and heartless.

Old 09-03-2009, 06:43 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,294,655 times
Guess it all depends whether it is your belief that you live your life for someone else, or you live your life for you.... While some will claim in no uncertain terms that one or the other is the way it must be done and there's no other way. Others will claim that there should be a fine balance in potentially compromising your happiness for the sake of another.

I don't think the question is whether a balance should be sought, but it's a question for EACH INDIVIDUAL to determine where that balance is in their lives. EVERYONE's situation is different. How much are you willing to sacrifice of your own well-being and personal happiness before you decide you've had enough?

Old 09-03-2009, 08:29 AM

137 posts, read 233,416 times
Well, sorry, but you yourself choose marriage. You choose to limit yourself to one person only. When you do that, you assume that responsability, not your spouse. When you get married you have your wants on one hand, your spouses on the other hand, and you try to compromise so that both of you are happy. You are prepared for good as well as bad moments in your life. It's simply sick for you to stray in a bad moment yet expect your SO to be there for you when you have bad moments.

I just wish that people that started affairs would think about what they gave and did to their spouse and how they contributed to the situation that's causing them to be angry now.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:04 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,294,655 times
...But once again, we're assuming that the spouse is giving all and doing all the right things. Yes, of course a perfect marriage is both partners sharing equally of themselves and also doing their part to make their spouse happy, etc...

Now, let's exit fantasyland and enter reality. Rarely do marriages actually work that way. There are circumstances that change things, or things that were not known when the vows were taken.

So what if your SO isn't there for you consistently when you've had bad moments? What if it just so happened that one day during a bad moment someone else was?

Again, it would appear understandable to me. Gray, not black and white IMO.

Yes, it's fine to say that "cheating is wrong". I don't have a probelm with that statement. I have a problem with slapping labels full of vitriol upon people that have strayed without knowing the circumstances. Because I can envision hundreds of situations that something like this could happen.

Again, JMO.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:43 AM

137 posts, read 233,416 times
First of all, if your SO isn't there for you consistently, you can manage to find a someone else to be there for you that's a same sex friend or family member. In the meantime, you can take your SO away for a serious talk to make it clear how bad things have gotten and how much you need the person to be there. A niceeee talk. The mistake most people do is that they start attacking their SO with 'you haven't done this and that and that'. No one reacts well to accusations and anger.

I have no problem with cheating in marriages where people simply stick together for the kids or society. I can't not be annoyed by people who are misserable in their marriage yet do not have the guts to tell their SO that untill it's too late. There are lots of people who accumulate anger, go cheat, and only after their SO finds out do they actually mention they've been miserable all the time.

After a couple of years of relationship we sorta expect our partner to read our minds. And that's highly unrealistic.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:39 AM

914 posts, read 1,806,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
some times cheating is not about sex . Its about taking advantage of an opportunity to have sex. Most of what people say about a cheater trying to hurt someone is psycho babble, they just don't care if someone gets hurt in the process, like an armed robber is not neccessarily there to kill you.

true story little lefty.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:12 AM

72,413 posts, read 18,200,999 times
No. They would stray even if the sex is great.Nothing to do with sex at all.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:06 PM

850 posts, read 1,546,334 times
Sex is very important in the relationship, but if any men uses that as a excuse to cheat is BS. What the hell was the relationship based on then? Sex? Compatibility? If its just based on sex, its doomed from the gate. Its takes 2 people to make a relationship work and 2 people to f--- it up.

Any man or woman that go outside of their relationship and doesn't break it off to spare the other from being hurt is a "coward" anyway. Karma is a muther!

Now, if he or she is a sex addict, then you really got problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships