Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 08:42 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,646,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
Your hackneyed "a cheater is a cheater" statement imparts ethical equivalency to the lonely old coot who strikes up an affair with a dear old widowed friend after his frigid wife hasn't touched him decades to the reckless hound dog who chases gals every Saturday night at the local pool hall while his loving wife is at home with the kids.

Before one paints with a such a broad and simplistic brush, I would kindly suggest that context matters a very great deal.
Context is relevant insofar as understanding one's motive. Suppose I'm homeless and have no money. So I kill a man for his wallet. Suppose you kill a man because you don't like the color of his skin. Obviously, people will have greater sympathy for me. But it doesn't change the fact that what I did was wrong. By the same token, we can feel bad for the lonely old coot whose wife is no longer affectionate. But the bottom line is he chose to betray his wife rather than end the relationship first. And I don't blame his frigid wife for his cheating. Ultimately, he has to take responsibility for his own actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 09:20 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,300,508 times
I think that people cheat because they are feeling unfulfilled, period. Perhaps, most of the time for men, it is being unfulfilled sexually and for women it is something else.

I usually take a lot of this "A cheater is a cheater" garbage with a grain of salt, much like Republicans talking about "family values" while they're paying prostitutes for extra-marital sex...

I've said it before on here that the percentages of people who cheat don't seem to play out in this "forum of saints"... So either the Relationships forum just attracts the sweetest of the sweet, or we have quite a few world-class B.S. artists in here....

JMO

Old 08-31-2009, 10:52 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
I was talking to a friend the other day who has had affairs in his relationship. Now he is in a new relationship and he looked really happy. He said the sex was good. He said that sex is like a salve in a relationship. It bonds a couple together and takes care of a lot of problems. He said he had no interest in other women now.

I think what he said is true. I think overall if a man is having enough good sex with his partner, he is less likely to be unfaithful.

Men need sex. So when they are in a marriage where sex has gone try, chances are good, they are looking elsewhere.

Men, do you agree, disagree? What are your thoughts?
Hi Woof Woof Woof,

Its generally a symptom of a disease and if a women does not take the time a few times a week for sex, she is probably not making time for anything else either. In cases where a women admits she only lets here husband touch her once a month and then is angry that he cheated makes her a complete moron. I doubt I would cheat, but if I were limited to once a month, my connections to such a person would atrophy. If I could not have it resolved then the negative feed back loop would generally appear as me spending more time away from her and so on.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:19 AM

28,926 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
I think that people cheat because they are feeling unfulfilled, period. Perhaps, most of the time for men, it is being unfulfilled sexually and for women it is something else.

I usually take a lot of this "A cheater is a cheater" garbage with a grain of salt, much like Republicans talking about "family values" while they're paying prostitutes for extra-marital sex...

I've said it before on here that the percentages of people who cheat don't seem to play out in this "forum of saints"... So either the Relationships forum just attracts the sweetest of the sweet, or we have quite a few world-class B.S. artists in here....

JMO
wull, I'm an artist but I don't paint B.S.? Besides, there's not a lot of color contrast in B.S.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:48 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,935,082 times
Never cheated, just dumped them if I wasn't getting enough. I think the appreciation factor may play more than the physical act after time.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:50 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
if she does not cook and there is no sex, i am an autoteller dressed up like a guy.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:04 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,300,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
wull, I'm an artist but I don't paint B.S.? Besides, there's not a lot of color contrast in B.S.
All depends on what the bull ate I guess..

Hey, there are exceptions to what I'm saying of course. The stats show that close to 50% are actually faithful (or at least won't admit that they weren't....), so some have to be telling the truth as well... Those who are acting holier than thou that shouldn't be know who they are.... (I may not, but they do... )

Old 08-31-2009, 03:31 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,388,478 times
I don't have a chance to read the entire thread, but I will tell you this much: good sex on many levels is a reflection of all other parts of your relationship. If there is love, understanding and communication between 2 partners, they are much more likely to have good sex. They will communicate to each other their needs and wants.
Great sex without love and communication will not last long.

It's a vicious circle - no communication/understanding will lead to bad sex which will lead to even less understanding and communication.

That's why so many people cheat. If one thing is lacking it will lead to a whole strand of other things that will be lacking too.

A man needs to always feel wanted, desired, bottom line like a MAN. He always needs to be told that he is Gladiator in bed, he will less likely to go and try to prove himself elsewhere.

Old 08-31-2009, 04:07 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,454,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I don't have a chance to read the entire thread, but I will tell you this much: good sex on many levels is a reflection of all other parts of your relationship. If there is love, understanding and communication between 2 partners, they are much more likely to have good sex. They will communicate to each other their needs and wants.
Great sex without love and communication will not last long.

It's a vicious circle - no communication/understanding will lead to bad sex which will lead to even less understanding and communication.

That's why so many people cheat. If one thing is lacking it will lead to a whole strand of other things that will be lacking too.

A man needs to always feel wanted, desired, bottom line like a MAN. He always needs to be told that he is Gladiator in bed, he will less likely to go and try to prove himself elsewhere.
max's mama,

I wasn't able to rep you, but this was an EXCELLENT post. I couldn't agree with you more. Sex is a WINDOW on the relationship. And yes, a man likes to feel like a Gladiator in bed.

Thanks!

W.

Old 08-31-2009, 04:15 PM

433 posts, read 876,386 times
I think he really just enjoys sex. No matter how good the sex is their is always some one who is better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships