Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 01:46 PM

467 posts, read 712,837 times

Advertisements

anyone notice how TVandSportsGuy comes up with negative threads about relationships, but nothing positive or happy about his relationships. He just rambles on about bad stuff that happens, like excuses to not have relationships or someone asking for a full picture of you.. LoL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2009, 01:47 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Dates can be a little like having an appointment with a salesman. Initially, you may have thought you were interested (or maybe you had already drank too much beer when they asked)....and then you change your mind about wanting to go through with it. At that point, it is really hard to come up with something.

I think more importantly than worrying WHAT excuse a person may use, is just accepting they don't want to go out with you at all. It is better than them going out with you out of pity or whatever.

I've been on both ends of the 'make a date - break a date' thing. It's really no big deal.

Old 09-07-2009, 01:47 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Well women do it all the time. When a woman does a same day cancellation the man must be understanding, if a guy does it then he is a FLAKE or a LYING JERK
Women do it no more than men. And lying is lying, no matter who does it. Honestly TVSG, are you ever going to grow up? You get hung up on the most childish and absurd things.

Old 09-07-2009, 01:52 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,899,130 times
I have two built in excuses now, child number 1 and child number 2.
Isn't dating people with children fun!!

Old 09-07-2009, 01:55 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Women do it no more than men. And lying is lying, no matter who does it. Honestly TVSG, are you ever going to grow up? You get hung up on the most childish and absurd things.
Excuse me? So it's acceptable for women to do childish things but a man MUST take the high road and do everything right? Women don't get hung up on things like breaking dates at the last minute???????????

Old 09-07-2009, 02:01 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Excuse me? So it's acceptable for women to do childish things but a man MUST take the high road and do everything right? Women don't get hung up on things like breaking dates at the last minute???????????
Obviously you read exactly what you want to see. I said nothing of the sort.

My point is this: Women do this sort of thing no more than men do. And yep, it sucks. No, it's not right. But it happens. Get over it. Move on. NEXT.

THAT is how you handle it.

However, if you are having a serious problem with MANY gals breaking your dates at the last minute, then you have other issues you need to address. The problem is not them, it is YOU.

Old 09-07-2009, 02:24 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
Quote:
Well women do it all the time. When a woman does a same day cancellation the man must be understanding, if a guy does it then he is a FLAKE or a LYING JERK
And if a woman says she doesn't watch TV, she is full of it. Life just ain't fair.

Old 09-07-2009, 02:27 PM

45,336 posts, read 60,500,026 times
You know I was thinking about it and, other than one example I mentioned earlier (the cop situation just meant going somewhere else), I only had one date cancelled. Admittedly this was three decades plus ago and the girl had wrecked her car that day and been bounced around pretty good. We went out the next night. I'm not counting my high school girlfriend, the Pom-Pon From Hell, who cancelled a few because of one or another perceived or real slights from me.
Going to another of TVSG's threads these dates were not just "safeplay" ones either.

Old 09-07-2009, 03:05 PM

720 posts, read 1,407,778 times
TVGUY, you moan and whine more than a chick.....maybe these woman finally figured out that you're a total dummy and would rather walk their goldfish than date you...your best bet is STILL a mail order bride....

Old 09-07-2009, 03:07 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Quote:
So I guess the gal that cancelled on you with the headache last night, didn`t follow up with seeing you today, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships