Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 02:42 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times

Advertisements

Insanity is defined as doing the same thing, yet expecting a different outcome. Hence, men and women that enter into more than one relationship in their lifetimes are all insane.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:55 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
I find the notion of marriage to be obsolete unless you plan on having children. I'm speaking for myself here, not for the married couples out there who are perfectly content with one another. For one thing it's very difficult to live with someone else. I can't think of one friend that I would want to be around every day of the week for the rest of my life. Some of the expectations that come with marriage tend to be very repressing for personal growth. Many couples take possession of one another, and if they make it passed the seven year itch, a lot of them are sticking around either for the kids or they've just grown used to one another and are afraid to make the first move out of the relationship. It's different for everyone, but of all the married couples I've known in my life, I would say less than half of them truly seem happy together. I'd bet many of them given the choice to go back in time, would not marry the same person again. Some people are better at relationships than others. Some just keep on trying with the same awful results, never realizing that their isn't necessarily a problem with the other person, or even yourself, most times, relationships wear themselves out. No need to to point blame, just move on and dust yourself off. When I am single again, I can't see myself ever marrying again. I won't say never, but it would take someone very special to make me want to give up my independence and freedom. She'd have to accept me and all my quirks, and I'd have to love her, imperfections, quirks, and all. It's tough to find someone who you not only love for their positive attributes, but their flaws as well.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:54 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthfrodo View Post
I'm not sure what CL is, but I'll take a guess it wouldn't be just having a toothbrush and a couple change of clothes at my house.
CL = Common Law

Living together like people did centuries ago, before Bridezilla.

At some point in time, in every jurisdiction, women have certain rights from living with a man. Now this is getting codified. I suppose that men get these rights too, but I've never heard the horror stories in reverse. Usually at least a gigilo needs to get her to sigh up.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:22 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,166,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticatica View Post
It's been said that the sexual revolution, feminist movement, performing the chores of fatherhood and loss of complete dominance in marital decision making has lead to making marriage less appealing to men. Has the marriage rate gone down? is this why? The marriage rate has gone down by 50% since the 70s. In essence it has me wondering if the phantom 50% are basically uninterested in a relationship they don't have total domination over. This theory is pretty novel.
Feminist are sexist. If they where not they would be fighting for human rights not women rights.
I can not stand the old fashion girls. Its like being around a useless child.

Lets see, men are working hard, women are working hard when do they get time to met up and get married?

Old 09-22-2009, 05:46 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
Feminist are sexist. If they were not. they would be fighting for human rights not women rights.
Funny, but that's the way it was originally sold. And amazingly, with that positive attitude, important changes were made quite fast. Contrast this to civil and gay rights where the changes took decades.

Then they found that with rights came responsibilities. They then decided they wanted more for less rather than equality. Later the theme was: keep those things from the past that they liked and chuck the rest.

Overall, women have been less than fully satisfied with how things went and as a result are now less happy than men.

Meanwhile, there are still some problems facing women, that haven't been properly addressed, but they are mainly problems for poor women and therefore they get little airing.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:59 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,251,255 times
Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships