Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 05:06 AM

1,942 posts, read 8,489,416 times

Advertisements

My husband is much smarter than me. Knowledgable. I'm more organized and will research to know something...but he just naturally is smarter. Was gifted as a child...so I guess the "giftedness" doesn't go away so he has a higher IQ, but it really does bother me. I'm no where near dumb, but as most of you know...I am in the education profession, and it really gets to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2007, 11:11 AM

31 posts, read 116,217 times
These people you speak of watching those TV shows couldn't possibly be attracted to intelligence.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:57 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,899,616 times
I like intelligent people, but not to the point where they look down upon others that don't have much.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:00 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,156,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
I like intelligent people, but not to the point where they look down upon others that don't have much.
Doesn't that depend on how tall you are and how short the other one is???

You could be looking up and still think that person is not so astute.

lol.... j/k

Old 08-16-2007, 09:20 AM

8 posts, read 37,279 times
Default Well

My boyfriend is a stupid moron

Old 08-16-2007, 11:23 AM

109 posts, read 436,193 times
Default umm...

intellectual compatibility is primordial in a relationship.

With my first ex, I was smarter.. that eventually played a part in me leaving him.

With my last ex, we were 'equal' eventhough I had more education, he was very intelligent and very successful in everything is was doing. No wonder he's now a millionnaire and a great guy.

I would definitely not date a man who is not as intelligent as I am...it would be too boring...

Old 08-16-2007, 11:53 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,346,772 times
The truth is when we were first married my wife was not to bright, she had been told she was stupid by her parents all her life and sheltered from the outside world, I would have to say I was much smarter than she was.
In the present she has really came on over the years while I have taken a downward spiral, she's very intelligent and succesfull. I took some major head trauma 12 years ago and just never came back to 100% and even if I was she is still much smarter than me but she's also a real down to earth person so it works out fine.

Old 08-16-2007, 06:55 PM

109 posts, read 330,875 times
When we first met I thought I was smarter than him but then I realized we were both smart in different areas and yes now I think we are equal and we get along very well and discuss so many things.

Old 08-16-2007, 07:06 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,466,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
What would you think about being married to someone who was not as smart as you are? Does your husband or wife have the smarts you have? Do they challenge you intellectually?

The reason I ask is many of the women I know tell me they do not want to marry a smart man but someone sexy. (Not that someone can not be both). A number of women at the office was talking about the Men on the TV Show "Lost" and who they most wanted to marry. Was it Jack the smart Doctor? Or Hurley the soft and sweet man-child? Or Sawyer, the brunting, dark (in mood) macho type- who is not so bright. Most of the women wanted to get married to the Macho dark and dangerous Sawyer.

Brains are out, Macho and Dark at in.
In all honesty, I tend to lose interest in a man who is not the sharpest tool in the tool shed. I have dated gorgeous men who could barely drive and chew gum at the same time - after awhile it would get on my nerves.

My husband is one of the smartest people I've ever met... but I like to joke with him and say that he's the looks and I'm the brains in the relationship

Old 08-17-2007, 04:38 AM

4,139 posts, read 11,487,862 times
Um, you need to throw Sayid in the mix.....if you add him my brains might go out the window! Although Jack is hot too. I wouldn't pick Sawyer, dum is just not sexy to me.

My husband is my intellectual equal in terms of educational level, etc..., but we have different strengths. He is an accountant and I am a school counselor so we have different intelligences in some things.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
What would you think about being married to someone who was not as smart as you are? Does your husband or wife have the smarts you have? Do they challenge you intellectually?

The reason I ask is many of the women I know tell me they do not want to marry a smart man but someone sexy. (Not that someone can not be both). A number of women at the office was talking about the Men on the TV Show "Lost" and who they most wanted to marry. Was it Jack the smart Doctor? Or Hurley the soft and sweet man-child? Or Sawyer, the brunting, dark (in mood) macho type- who is not so bright. Most of the women wanted to get married to the Macho dark and dangerous Sawyer.

Brains are out, Macho and Dark at in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships