Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 07:22 PM

217 posts, read 846,499 times

Advertisements

Well, he's said that he'll think about it but he's not ready to move immediately. to be fair, I did spring this as a I'm moving in like two weeks thing (which I don't expect anyone to be 'ready' to move somewhere that quickly) and he already had plans to move back to his home town for awhile (which is about two hours from where I was staying) and figure out where he wants to go with his life.

Personally, if it were reversed, yeah, I'd have picked up and moved. And if he comes up with a place he wants to go different and wants me to try it, I would. But I'm a lot less picky, seem to mesh in any situation and crowd a lot more easily, and just generally have more confidence in these kinds of things.

As he put the other day a kind of big difference in us is that we were walking in the woods and came on a puddle, to big to really step over but enough that I managed to taking a running jump--he couldn't manage to do that and ended up pretty much walking through it not all to happily--I see things as 'just walk/jump over it' he takes a lot more time and planning. I see it as this is an opportunity let's take it, he sees it as wait a minute, step back and see if it's really a good idea (whereas I figure if it turns out not to have been a good idea we can always move again).

I don't think there's anything wrong with his approach, it just means that he's not ready to take that kind of step. I am, and I plan to anyhow because he was moving back to his home town to find another job, save some money, spend more time with his family, and figure out where he wants to be. If a few months pass and he decides that being without me agrees with him, that sucks but I'll deal with it. If he decides that it doesn't and he's either willing to try FL or figured out somewhere else to be, we'll figure out what to do then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships