Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2009, 09:45 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,831 times

Advertisements

This study finds women prefer taken men over single men. Even if all other qualities are the same the taken man is more attractive to women.

I think (or would like to think) that most women do want a man to themselves and wouldn't have interest in sharing. The reason the taken man is more attractive is the social proof aspect. Women figure if a man is already with a woman there has to be something good about him while they are suspect of the single man.

I met my girlfriend when I was hanging out with another woman. Sometimes I wonder if she would have been interested in me if I was alone that night. If this study is any indication the answer very well could have been no.

FuturePundit: Women Prefer Taken Guys
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 09:49 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
This study finds women prefer taken men over single men. Even if all other qualities are the same the taken man is more attractive to women.

I think (or would like to think) that most women do want a man to themselves and wouldn't have interest in sharing. The reason the taken man is more attractive is the social proof aspect. Women figure if a man is already with a woman there has to be something good about him while they are suspect of the single man.

I met my girlfriend when I was hanging out with another woman. Sometimes I wonder if she would have been interested in me if I was alone that night. If this study is any indication the answer very well could have been no.

It at times prooves he is worth it..and willing to be there for her. Or he's a momma's boy whom has a girlfriend or wife as his new momma.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:53 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,162,600 times
I always get hit on when I go out drinking with my wife. Not so much alone, but than again i try to avoid drinking alone or drink around single women. Woman are scandalous, and yes if you are with another woman it shows that you have the ability to please a woman. Your value is already confirmed in that sense. Woman are really nasty towards other women and want what they can not have.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:55 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,031,390 times
Im the opposite. If he's with a girl, or a group of girls, I leave him alone.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:55 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
All this time I thought that women give us taken guys more attention is because they know that we arent out looking for anything. We can just be ourselves around them and they can have conversation with a guy who has no ulterior motives of trying to get her in the sack.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:56 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post

I hate to tell you this but studies/polls can be skewed to show whatever you want to them to show.

Go back and hang out under the bridge.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:56 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
I always get hit on when I go out drinking with my wife. Not so much alone, but than again i try to avoid drinking alone or drink around single women. Woman are scandalous, and yes if you are with another woman it shows that you have the ability to please a woman. Your value is already confirmed in that sense. Woman are really nasty towards other women and want what they can not have.
I'm not sure I could ever drink enough to ever find you desirable - with or without a woman next to you.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:57 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thursday007 View Post
i'm not sure i could ever drink enough to ever find you desirable - with or without a woman next to you.

lol :d:d:d

Old 10-01-2009, 10:00 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,162,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I'm not sure I could ever drink enough to ever find you desirable - with or without a woman next to you.
Oh relax sugar. I think you and I would make an item.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:00 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Chris Rock had a great line about this..Said if a man meets his friends girl that seems like a catch he congratualtes him and tells him has a great girl and hopes to find a girl like her oen day..If a women meets her friends man she likes she wants to find a way to get him!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships