Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 08:58 PM

454 posts, read 688,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I'd step away from the whole situation until they get off the pot all together.

oK...now Im thinking I should step away from this relationship right now. Although we did agree to the date this weekend, he told me he has to see how the week goes because things are "crazy" right now.

When I asked whats making it so crazy, he said things at home...

So now Im just thinking this X is just too much of a distraction. Looking back, every date we've had his X is either at the bar (twice) or being bought up in the conversation.

It doesnt even seem like he is truley available. Im too afraid that eventually its going to catch up and Im going to end up being the one getting hurt.

How do I break it off with this guy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 09:04 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei View Post
oK...now Im thinking I should step away from this relationship right now. Although we did agree to the date this weekend, he told me he has to see how the week goes because things are "crazy" right now.

So now Im just thinking this X is just too much of a distraction. Looking back, every date we've had his X is either at the bar (twice) or being bought up in the conversation.

It doesnt even seem like he is truley available. Im too afraid that eventually its going to catch up and Im going to end up being the one getting hurt.

Now you're thinking

To break it off just tell him you think he seems too "encumbered" and not really free to date, so you're going to pass on seeing him.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:16 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,544,998 times
Quote:

LM said it best. He has too much going on.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:21 PM

454 posts, read 688,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Now you're thinking

To break it off just tell him you think he seems too "encumbered" and not really free to date, so you're going to pass on seeing him.
That sounds good, but Im trying to avoid sending him that through a text message. Unfortunently, like I said it just seems like he just wants to text instead of call me this week.

I try to avoid 'relationship talk' through text because things may come out wrong, I rather do it over the phone or in person.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:24 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
That sounds good, but Im trying to avoid sending him that through a text message. Unfortunently, like I said it just seems like he just wants to text instead of call me this week.

I try to avoid 'relationship talk' through text because things may come out wrong, I rather do it over the phone or in person.
Then wait for him to call If he doesn't, then there is nothing for you to say to him anyway.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:25 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Then wait for him to call If he doesn't, then there is nothing for you to say to him anyway.
I agree with this.

If it was me, when I first found out that he was still living with the ex, I would have told him right then...Well, call me when you move out.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:35 PM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,181,213 times
and you ask does it seem if something just isn't right.............hello

Old 10-08-2009, 12:41 PM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
He definently is into me.
It's only three dates. He could be into many other things as well. Take the other good advice offered here. Move on.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:27 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,108,085 times
Quote:
LOL, yeah I think you may be right....I just like to talk to someone Im dating everyday, at the least every other day.

Sounds a bit smothering

Old 10-08-2009, 03:06 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,260,210 times
How to break it off:

"dude...you live with your ex. Im done with that drama before I began..byes"

Do you really want to date someone that acts like that anyway? What he did to her he will do to you. To me it sounds like he is using you to distract himself and make the ex jealous. Sounds f-ing annoying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships