Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 11:18 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Ha!! Citywalk, I have been there. Oh man, one nite all my buds and these new girls that came by all decided to go. Well my my close friend at the time hit it off real good with one of the girls that night and EVER SINCE that night they have been inseparable!! They are now have a baby and are soon to be getting married.
Yeah. At that time, I lived just down the street from there so it was great if I had too much to drink as I could just walk home from there.

Another great place I remember taking a couple of chicks on first dates were to the Getty Center. Just a really cool place to hang out, see some interesting art and have good conversation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 11:40 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Dang, you guys have it made.

Out here, people's idea of a good time on a first date is finding out you aren't related...

Old 10-08-2009, 11:42 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Yeah. At that time, I lived just down the street from there so it was great if I had too much to drink as I could just walk home from there.

Another great place I remember taking a couple of chicks on first dates were to the Getty Center. Just a really cool place to hang out, see some interesting art and have good conversation.
Down the street from there? Sff, COOL DEAL!! Man, there are all kinds of chicks out and about around there.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:05 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Do you come to the house to pick up your date? Meet somewhere? Double date with friends? (stop at the corner?) j/k

Do you dress up for the first one? Or casual wear?

Do you bring her flowers? Alcohol? candies? (mints?)

Do you take her where tons of your dates have been already?
I'm having a first date tonight, as a matter of fact.

I'm going to dress in "business casual". Not a T-shirt, not shorts, but slacks and a nice short sleeve shirt of some kind.

Flowers, YES!. Alcohol, maybe (she said she only has 9 beers, which I think was a hint), candies, no.

I've offered to take her anywhere she'd like to go. However, she lives about 30 miles from me, and the town she lives in has hardly anything to do. I'll probably take her out to dinner (even though she has said its ok to stay at her house), and see where things go from there.

Ideally, my first date would include a comedy club. Comedy clubs are great for a first date. It allows you to talk, and it allows you to laugh. Movies you can't hear one another, same with a dance club, and going to a bar to me sounds like, "I'm going to get you drunk and take advantage of you".

I'm in a unique situation with her though, we've meet a few times, but this will be our first real "date". I didn't bring up the alcohol, she did, so bonus for me.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:52 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Down the street from there? Sff, COOL DEAL!! Man, there are all kinds of chicks out and about around there.
Yeah. This is why I will never ever leave Los Angeles and will NEVER live in a "small town". Id get super bored. There is just too much to do here and I love having millions of choices of things to do for entertainment.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:28 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,857,088 times
I bought my wife flowers and took her out to dinner. Afterwards we went for a long walk, talked and kissed even longer.

Last edited by Stac2007; 10-09-2009 at 01:07 PM..

Old 10-09-2009, 01:05 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Now if I had a woman who wanted me to show up with a weedeater, a wild chicken, and some peach preserves, I think I'd fall in love.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:16 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Pray we'll get lucky.
Sheesh!

Old 10-09-2009, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Dang, you guys have it made.

Out here, people's idea of a good time on a first date is finding out you aren't related...
Not all of us...lol...Pa can be fun!

Old 10-09-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I'm having a first date tonight, as a matter of fact.

I'm going to dress in "business casual". Not a T-shirt, not shorts, but slacks and a nice short sleeve shirt of some kind.

Flowers, YES!. Alcohol, maybe (she said she only has 9 beers, which I think was a hint), candies, no.

I've offered to take her anywhere she'd like to go. However, she lives about 30 miles from me, and the town she lives in has hardly anything to do. I'll probably take her out to dinner (even though she has said its ok to stay at her house), and see where things go from there.

Ideally, my first date would include a comedy club. Comedy clubs are great for a first date. It allows you to talk, and it allows you to laugh. Movies you can't hear one another, same with a dance club, and going to a bar to me sounds like, "I'm going to get you drunk and take advantage of you".

I'm in a unique situation with her though, we've meet a few times, but this will be our first real "date". I didn't bring up the alcohol, she did, so bonus for me.
Wow sounds like a great date! My sister and I said a Comedy Club would be great. I would love to see Jeff Dunham.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships