Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 10:07 PM

12,974 posts, read 34,005,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, we have it. Same crap as far as I'm concerned...
blasphemy.

They are soooo good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 10:09 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,266,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
blasphemy.

They are soooo good.
To me almost all burgers in this country are tasteless pieces of rubber. Let's not even start with the disgusting soggy bun or the fake "cheese"... Sorry.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:12 PM

Back to the thread topic:

I almost NEVER do the following on a first date:

1. Bring flowers.
2. Go to sporting event (not even Laker game)
3. Go to expensive restaurant. I'll see how things progress before spending too much money on her.
4. Buy her more than two drinks. Dont want to come across as trying to take advantage of her.
5. Take her to any event where my friends (or hers) will be in attendance.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:14 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,171,279 times
Do you come to the house to pick up your date? Meet somewhere? Double date with friends? (stop at the corner?) j/k

I "prefer" online dating, so I meet them at a very public place the first time meeting them. Second date I'll meet as well, maybe 3rd I'll pick them up.

Double dating: There's absolutely no way I'd do a double date unless she was already my established gf

Do you dress up for the first one? Or casual wear?
Nice jeans, nice polo or dress shirt, nice shoes....

Do you bring her flowers? Alcohol? candies? (mints?)
Hell no, that's relationship territory. Unless I have a real sense of commitment, I'm not buying anything more than the cost of the date.

Do you take her where tons of your dates have been already?
I haven't done this a lot since Chicago has so many places to choose from, but if there's a waitress I like, I will take multiple dates to that restaurant so if I ever get the balls to ask out a waitress she'll think I'm popular with women.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:20 PM

52,387 posts, read 52,861,348 times
It's been so long since I've been on a first date. I forgot what to do.

So, I guess roofies and GHB are out of style.

Sorry, bad jokes.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:24 PM

Quote:
To me almost all burgers in this country are tasteless pieces of rubber. Let's not even start with the disgusting soggy bun or the fake "cheese"... Sorry.
Man! You sound so much like my wife. She will eat ONLY In-N-Out and the Habit. She thinks Americans are crazy for eating "silly" hamburgers. I BBQ'd some burgers for her once as a cool weekend dinner/date and she takes the meat and slaps it on one slice of Villiage bread with havarti cheese and this crazy Russian sauce (see pic). Dont know if its actually the sauce she used because she has a lot of it and its all in cyrillic and looks the same to me. She wouldnt eat my "regular" bacon and processed American cheese burger because she said it was disgusting.
Attached Thumbnails
Men what do you do on a first Date???-sauce.jpg  

Last edited by LaoTzuMindFu; 10-10-2009 at 11:10 PM..

Old 10-10-2009, 11:12 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,722,083 times
Quote:
I've always toasted my buns. No sogginess.

Then I load up the burger with that all-American staple--ketchup, and lots of it.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:49 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,266,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Man! You sound so much like my wife. She will eat ONLY In-N-Out and the Habit. She thinks Americans are crazy for eating "silly" hamburgers. I BBQ'd some burgers for her once as a cool weekend dinner/date and she takes the meat and slaps it on one slice of Villiage bread with havarti cheese and this crazy Russian sauce (see pic). Dont know if its actually the sauce she used because she has a lot of it and its all in cyrillic and looks the same to me. She wouldnt eat my "regular" bacon and processed American cheese burger because she said it was disgusting.
Well, it's not a huge surprise your wife and I share opinions... Yeah, her sauce does look like something I'd eat, too. I love our version of burgers/meatballs/or however you wanna call it, but they happen to be tasty because they're seasoned right. Of course, I'd also make them out of MEAT! What the burgers in the fast-food joints are made of is quite questionable...

You consider hamburgers cool weekend dinner/date...?! Good grief! Yeah, I'd do about the same with your hamburgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I've always toasted my buns. No sogginess.
Yeah, that makes them bearable. I used to even buy a sourdough bacon burger from Carl's Junior once in a blue moon (usually on the road) in the past, but they stopped offering it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships