Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 12:14 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times

Advertisements

My high school sweetheart and I are still good friends. He's an awesome guy - but I married my college sweetheart who was a better match for me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 01:27 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,404,454 times
Didn't have one. Heck, I didn't even date in HS.

Ok, so maybe I didn't ball my eyes over it, but I did shed a few tears. In hindsight it was the best thing for me.

Old 10-27-2009, 05:58 AM

897 posts, read 2,455,892 times
very interesting- so for all of you that had a HS sweetheart- how much time did you spend together- My daughter and her BF see each other every day- either going to eat dinner or doing HW or watching TV- and I think it is too much- they of course sayI am weird... they have no social life but with each other and it drives me crazy- what do you think?

Old 10-27-2009, 02:05 PM

3 posts, read 22,083 times
Does this count??? One divorce each and we've been single for some time. We've been in touch a couple of times since high school. Now since a few years have passed since we met, I think we both know what we want and both are very happy that we found each other again. Her and I both consider each other our first true love and high school sweethearts from the 11th grade. That was in 1972. I'd say we're doing OK now.

Old 10-27-2009, 06:30 PM

133 posts, read 627,126 times
I did - married for 9 years now (after dating for 5) and 2 kids. Would marry each other all over again today.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:00 PM

74 posts, read 217,587 times
Dodged that bullet

Old 11-02-2009, 08:08 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Didn't have a sweetheart in HS.

Didn't date in HS.

But about five years ago, this girl whom I wished had been my HS sweetheart found me and called me......I couldn't get that woman off the phone. Turns out she had called my mom a couple of times trying to get in touch w/me, but mom wouldn't give up the digits because I was married. LOL mom.

Old 11-03-2009, 04:45 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,650,642 times
Hissess, my wife and I met when when we were 14. We have been inseperable since we were 16, married at 22 and still going strong at 33. There were some tough years in there. If our daughter started dating someone seriously as young as we did, we'd both have some reservations. That said, my wife is the absolute best part of my life. I couldn't imagine life without her.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:04 AM

748 posts, read 1,314,686 times
I was going to... Until I came home one night a bit earlier than he expected and found him in "our" bed doing the nasty with this s**t
Needless to say... I did not marry him...

Old 11-04-2009, 12:07 PM

19,786 posts, read 22,688,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlsess View Post
very interesting- so for all of you that had a HS sweetheart- how much time did you spend together- My daughter and her BF see each other every day- either going to eat dinner or doing HW or watching TV- and I think it is too much- they of course sayI am weird... they have no social life but with each other and it drives me crazy- what do you think?
I met my wife in Russian Language class in HS during our freshman year. We became very good friends and started dating in our sophmore year. We lived quite a distance apart, but once I started driving I would spend most afternoons at her house, ate dinner with their family, did homework together, walked almost every evening. Her parents enjoyed hiking so many weekends I would join them on their family jaunts. Actually for all intents and purposes her parents were my parents/role models, which helped me enormously because I grew up in a very hard household/family.

After HS we stayed together while she was in college and I was in service.

We got married when we were 23 and have still been happily married ever since. That's 19 years of marriage, 6 years dating, 1 year good friends- 26 years all in all. We're still best friends, have two great kids, and as a family we are inseperable. We don't 'do'' dinner dates alone- we take the kids and we would never consider taking seperate vacations and dump the kids off on anybody. As a matter of fact- we've only had a sitter on occasions where I've had professional-social functions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships