Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 12:06 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,987,854 times

Advertisements

can i assume if i havent seen someone in 2 weeks BUT he is regularly contacting me that its over? this is about that guy i went on that house date with. due to our schedules, we rarely get to see each other but made it a point to speak to each other regularly at to see each other at least 1x a week.

anyway i am going out of town this week for 5 days. i still figure he will communicate with me, and i will communicate back, but it just seems like this is what our relationship will be like until the end of october (my work hours will get much lighter at the beginning of nov).

anyway i want to ask him if this is basically what he wants out of seeing me- just someone he can communicate with regularly (a friend basically), but go out with 1-2x a week on a more intimate level.

im just trying to figure out if i should do this asap, or wait till i get back from my trip to where we can go back to how it was last week.

the thing that makes this really hard is it is presumptuous because we havent dated each other for that long.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 12:08 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Manischewitz View Post
can i assume if i havent seen someone in 2 weeks BUT he is regularly contacting me that its over? this is about that guy i went on that house date with. due to our schedules, we rarely get to see each other but made it a point to speak to each other regularly at to see each other at least 1x a week.

anyway i am going out of town this week for 5 days. i still figure he will communicate with me, and i will communicate back, but it just seems like this is what our relationship will be like until the end of october (my work hours will get much lighter at the beginning of nov).

anyway i want to ask him if this is basically what he wants out of seeing me- just someone he can communicate with regularly (a friend basically), but go out with 1-2x a week on a more intimate level.

im just trying to figure out if i should do this asap, or wait till i get back from my trip to where we can go back to how it was last week.

the thing that makes this really hard is it is presumptuous because we havent dated each other for that long.....
Not sure why you feel the need to do anything at all? Why not just wait to see what kind of friendship develops over time?

Old 10-11-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Not sure why you feel the need to do anything at all? Why not just wait to see what kind of friendship develops over time?
yeah you are probably right. i just figured it might be better to ask him, but then i would be opening up a can of worms when so far everything has been going well except for the hardly seeing each other part.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:17 PM

im going to try to get this deleted. im going to just stay quiet about this and hope it gets better nov 1 when my schedule wont be like this.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
im going to try to get this deleted. im going to just stay quiet about this and hope it gets better nov 1 when my schedule wont be like this.
Awww, not need to delete, I bet you were just thinking outloud

Just give it time - could be when things slow down you'll be glad you just let things ride.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:23 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,986,546 times
You have entered the "friend zone". It's very possible he wants to keep a foot in the door but there can be no question that he is dating others. These days with emails and texts it's easier to keep the lines of communication open without the time and committment of a real phone conversation. Emails and texts are an easier way to control the contact - since it's not the same as a voice, real time conversation - it's easier to keep a distance but always be able to claim you are keeping contact.

It's entirely up to you if you want to keep the contact open. If you do, please understand it is what it is - nothing more!! You should make an effort to date others - don't keep this guy at the top of your list. He is not showing enough interest.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:43 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,257,845 times
Here is what I would assume. He wanted you over to his house for some action. Since that did not happen and he did not get to use you as he wished...He is not interested in you as much as he was or he is playing some stupid game to make you more interested in him. Ditch em.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Here is what I would assume. He wanted you over to his house for some action. Since that did not happen and he did not get to use you as he wished...He is not interested in you as much as he was or he is playing some stupid game to make you more interested in him. Ditch em.
But since she's busy herself and going out of town for a number or days, what's the harm in letting things ride? Maybe he really is just very busy right now too?

Old 10-11-2009, 12:54 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:

I wouldn't recommend having "the talk" with him until YOU know what you want out of your relationship. I know that you really enjoy his company, but I don't get the sense that you are crushing on him... and from your posts, you certainly aren't in a rush to get physically intimate with him.

So if you have "the talk" with him... are you just going to go along with what HE wants? And if he asks you, how long will it be before you would consider having sex with him? One month, two months... or not at all? Are you just wanting a guy to "date" until you move to Austin?

I just am not seeing where you are actually feeling romantic towards this guy. It seems that you like his company more as a platonic friend and buddy. Otherwise, I wonder if part of what is holding you back from being intimate with a man is due to your still living at home with your parents. Or from a thread of yours in the Education forum, you mentioned suffering from anxiety attacks in school. Do you also suffer anxiety attacks when dating? Are you in therapy for your anxiety attacks? Maybe you should resolve that issue before attempting to start a relationship as it's handicapping you and also not fair to waste your dates' time in a futile effort.

BTW how long does it usually take for you to get intimate with a boyfriend? And how many real boyfriends have you had? And how long did those relationships last?

Old 10-11-2009, 01:19 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,661,952 times
Communication is a plus. Why not just ask him? IMO, if he hasn`t stopped calling you, then obviously he doesn`t consider it being over.
Its when he stops the calls, and contact....that you can assume its over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships