Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 11:23 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,102,333 times

Advertisements

I can't believe I'm going to agree with funymann.

You are being "felt-up" - having your waters tested, in a sense. How you handle it will be noted by others, also. If you don't like it, stand in front of a mirror sometime and try to see the expression on your face and other body language to see what vibes you are giving off. Ask a friend (preferably male) to watch you in social situations. I bet you are putting out a vibe - you also mention it happens more when you're dressed up vs casual. How you dress also determines body language. People's posture changes depending on clothing - it's one reason why schools are going back to uniforms - dress determines behavior.

I am seldom touched except when I know I'm giving off vibes that say it's ok to do so. You may not be inviting the touch, but you're not saying no either. It doesn't excuse the predatory/pimpy behavior of those guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 01:47 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,159,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
and talking to her? Or is it subconscious?

I find that when I'm out at social events that entail me to be dressed up and therefore show my figure, men will put there arm around my waist and pull me closer to talk to them. I don't think there are any intentions there, nor do I take offense to it, but I was just wondering if any of the men here could lend some insight to that.

If a man does that, does he tend to do that with all women? Or only women he's attracted to? Are some men conscious of that behavior...are they actually trying to get a feel for the woman's body? Or is this just a natural instinct or possibly a learned behavior where men don't even realize they're doing it?

Your husband lets other man put their hands on you?

Old 10-17-2009, 01:52 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,297,753 times
Quote:

I find that when I'm out at social events that entail me to be dressed up and therefore show my figure, men will put there arm around my waist and pull me closer to talk to them. I don't think there are any intentions there, nor do I take offense to it, but I was just wondering if any of the men here could lend some insight to that.

If a man does that, does he tend to do that with all women? Or only women he's attracted to? Are some men conscious of that behavior...are they actually trying to get a feel for the woman's body? Or is this just a natural instinct or possibly a learned behavior where men don't even realize they're doing it?
The only time I let a guy do that is if I am dating him, or we are about to make out, otherwise his hands should be nowhere near my waist! You have to have clear boundaries - nevermind the reason for the men doing it, it is your body and no ones hands should be all over you pulling you closer, unless you allow them to.

Old 10-17-2009, 01:55 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,099,470 times
I'm a lifelong bachelor and flirt and have NEVER put my hands, unbidden around a woman's waist and pulled her close to me as you describe. And I'm a musician and so play a LOT of parties and such. My guess is you're hanging around with a bunch of drunks who do this, or you're simply flattering yourself by saying that alot of ment do it when in actuality it's been done maybe twice to you by old farts who have been "overserved."

Old 10-17-2009, 02:27 PM

1,777 posts, read 4,857,467 times
Drummer, or it's done by men who are better flirts than you, LOL

I have noticed that women, would rather be guided by a hand on the small of their back, through a crowd, than dragged by the hand...

Old 10-17-2009, 05:36 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,945,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
I can't believe I'm going to agree with funymann.

You are being "felt-up" - having your waters tested, in a sense. How you handle it will be noted by others, also. If you don't like it, stand in front of a mirror sometime and try to see the expression on your face and other body language to see what vibes you are giving off. Ask a friend (preferably male) to watch you in social situations. I bet you are putting out a vibe - you also mention it happens more when you're dressed up vs casual. How you dress also determines body language. People's posture changes depending on clothing - it's one reason why schools are going back to uniforms - dress determines behavior.

I am seldom touched except when I know I'm giving off vibes that say it's ok to do so. You may not be inviting the touch, but you're not saying no either. It doesn't excuse the predatory/pimpy behavior of those guys.
HEY!

That didn't sound right.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:40 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,396,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
I'm a lifelong bachelor and flirt and have NEVER put my hands, unbidden around a woman's waist and pulled her close to me as you describe. And I'm a musician and so play a LOT of parties and such. My guess is you're hanging around with a bunch of drunks who do this, or you're simply flattering yourself by saying that alot of ment do it when in actuality it's been done maybe twice to you by old farts who have been "overserved."
It's the latter of the two.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:45 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,396,188 times
Thanks for your opinions and insight all!

Old 10-17-2009, 07:45 PM

78,345 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:

I'd only make physical contact like that if I were single and the gal was also single and being open\friendly. I am very proper and old-fashioned in those regards. Is this a coastal thing? I can't fathom putting my arm around say...some of my neighbors wives in such a fashion.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:50 PM

78,345 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
It's the latter of the two.
Responding to a couple posts here:

1) My late wife was HOT...she got felt up a bit on her wedding day dancing with creepy old farts.

2) I have been felt up in the past few months (boob press on arm etc.) by acquaintences of my gf while having a party or out on the town. There is NO mistaking thier *intent* one is single, the other in a bad marriage to a man almost 30 years older....eeeeeek! Maybe I need to get my belly back? Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships