Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 02:27 PM

440 posts, read 1,030,120 times

Advertisements

to have sex? I mean say you're really hitting it off with someone and you have a ton in common he starts making plans with you for the next couple of months and you've started seeing each other only a couple weeks ago? I'm seeing this guy, its not exclusive or anything we've been hanging out a few times a week, talk a bunch, you know all the things you do when you start seeing someone. I'm not one to sleep with every guy I go out with just for the sake of doing it lol, but if the situation were to arrive today (not literally) and its in the moment how bad is that? Do you think having sex so soon can ruin something so good just because its so soon? Or is it like an in the moment type of thing that won't matter in the end? Ahhhh! Should there really be limitations on when to sleep with someone if you both want to? I'm just curious as to what other people think too soon and too long is I suppose
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 02:33 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,946,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablees8951 View Post
to have sex? I mean say you're really hitting it off with someone and you have a ton in common he starts making plans with you for the next couple of months and you've started seeing each other only a couple weeks ago? I'm seeing this guy, its not exclusive or anything we've been hanging out a few times a week, talk a bunch, you know all the things you do when you start seeing someone. I'm not one to sleep with every guy I go out with just for the sake of doing it lol, but if the situation were to arrive today (not literally) and its in the moment how bad is that? Do you think having sex so soon can ruin something so good just because its so soon? Or is it like an in the moment type of thing that won't matter in the end? Ahhhh! Should there really be limitations on when to sleep with someone if you both want to? I'm just curious as to what other people think too soon and too long is I suppose

Don't give him anything. Let him get to know you first. Seriously.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:22 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,575,010 times
If you want it, go for it... no need to fret.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:25 PM

17 posts, read 61,304 times
It depends on how sex affects you. If sex causes you to have stronger feelings for someone, then I'd wait until you are exclusive. If sex is just a physical, feel-good thing for you, then go for it.

My advice is to wait until you're exclusively dating. That way you don't have to worry about if he's sleeping with other people.

And just BE SAFE! Use protection!!! Sorry to sound like your health teacher but remember to wrap it up!

Old 10-15-2009, 06:30 PM

2,353 posts, read 5,374,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablees8951 View Post
5 minutes....Can I get your phone #

Old 10-15-2009, 06:38 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,647,492 times
Wait until you are really sure that you know the person emotionally/mentally. I mean, if he pressure you for sex right off the bat or not understanding that you want to hold off sexual intimacy, then you know he only sees you as a booty-call and not that special someone.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:43 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,301,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Don't give him anything. Let him get to know you first. Seriously.
Good, sound advice !

Old 10-16-2009, 01:40 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,982,294 times
There's no time-frame rule for this... "it depends" is the right answer to your question. For safety purposes alone, don't have sex until you feel like 1) you know the partner very well, and 2) you trust the partner really well.

I always found it hilarious when someone shared "the 3 date rule" with me as if every couple covers the same conversational and emotional territory in 3 dates?! I distinctively remember a guy in school who bedded more virgins this way than I could believe by convincing them that by date 3 he needed to sleep with them or else he would break up with them!

Assuming your an adult, just go with your instincts and sound rational judgment. If your younger than 18 or 19, then take your time getting to know someone a bit longer before rushing things as you probably don't even know what you want yet.

Old 10-16-2009, 04:19 AM

2,160 posts, read 7,514,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieChick1972 View Post
If you want it, go for it... no need to fret.
I agree 100%. OP: you already said that you don't jump into bed with just anyone...so its obvious you think it out first.

The bottom line is to not worry about it

Old 10-16-2009, 04:29 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,924,538 times
you're lying there petting, and it starts getting intimate

things start to get heavy. you approach "that" point.

if your inner instincts are saying "no", then you're not ready.

if your inner instincts say "take me now, big boy" then go for it.

everyone else's rules are different to yours. make them up as you go along. it's fun. !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships