Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 11:40 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times

Advertisements

you could be right but it does not always happen in this lifetime.
on the other hand-- resentment has its own karma,
like taking poison and expecting the other guy to die.
revenge is a karma you dont even have to wait for
better to dig 2 graves when you take it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 01:24 AM

14 posts, read 170,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
It's an idealistic concept to think that if a person does bad things, then bad things will happen to them. I've known some very horrible people who have died peacefully in their sleep at a ripe old age. While some really good people have lived a life of hardship and suffering. If you believe that karma exists for people who do bad things, then what about karma for people who live a very simple and honest life and are kind to others? Do they get good karma? From my experience I haven't seen that, at least not across the board. If you live your life as a bad person, then it stands to reason that the law of averages catches up with you and something bad will happen to you.
This part is very true and accurate.

Old 10-20-2009, 09:21 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,874,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
No, the racist got cancer bc he was genetically predisposed and exposed
to cancer causing elements, not bc some karmic witch doctor dished him his due.
There is alot of confusion and differing definitions on what Karma is and is not,
but for someone who hated this racist, there saying yeah, he got his.
That doesn't define karma for me.
Well it does for me. Which is why I don't believe in Karma.

And another thought... sometimes there are people who defy even the direct cause and effect I was talking about before. Example: my grandfather was a heavy alcoholic for more than 40 years. Lived until the ripe old age of 80 when he suddenly just keeled over - no long, painful liver failure. If Karma existed, the alcohol would have killed his liver and caused a premature death.

Old 10-20-2009, 09:27 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,427,518 times
100%

Old 10-20-2009, 10:45 AM

850 posts, read 1,546,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I believe in it...everytime I do something bad...I get mine...And I have seen friends doing awful things...then later get theirs.

So do you believe in it??

Why or Why not?

What you put out into this world comes back to you 10 fold! Don't do dirt for dirt.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:52 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I believe in it...everytime I do something bad...I get mine...And I have seen friends doing awful things...then later get theirs.

So do you believe in it??

Why or Why not?
Yes, I do believe in it, even if "they" don't recieve the bad until the afterlife, when they are demoted in their next life, so they can experience payback. Course I could be wrong

Old 10-24-2009, 06:04 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,895,300 times
I believe in it. The bible talks about reeping what you soe. One of these dude's I was talking to did not treat me right. After we stopped seeing each other I prayed that he gets what he deserves. Now I left that up to the lord if that was good or bad. A few weeks later he told me he was working on a car and it dropped on him, almost crushing his spine.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:07 PM

52,257 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatgirl007 View Post
I believe in it. The bible talks about reeping what you soe. One of these dude's I was talking to did not treat me right. After we stopped seeing each other I prayed that he gets what he deserves. Now I left that up to the lord if that was good or bad. A few weeks later he told me he was working on a car and it dropped on him, almost crushing his spine.
The Bible talks about many things.

We should listen a little more.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:32 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
Well it does for me. Which is why I don't believe in Karma.

And another thought... sometimes there are people who defy even the direct cause and effect I was talking about before. Example: my grandfather was a heavy alcoholic for more than 40 years. Lived until the ripe old age of 80 when he suddenly just keeled over - no long, painful liver failure. If Karma existed, the alcohol would have killed his liver and caused a premature death.

If your granpa wasn't an alcoholic, he might have lived to be 100...

My granpa lived to be 97.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:52 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,240,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBlasphemy View Post
Karma? No. Life is life. Sometimes it's not fair, but it's all we got, so we have to make the best of it.

Karma Sutra? Absolutely. Seriously, who Doesn't believe in that?
Priorities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships