Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 09:26 AM

10,180 posts, read 20,813,606 times

Advertisements

It all depends on who was the dumper and who was the dumpee. I'd say it's fairly even.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 09:27 AM

29,765 posts, read 34,491,950 times
Quote:
It all depends on who was the dumper and who was the dumpee.
Right. I've heard it said that a guy won't break up with his girlfriend unless there's another prospect on the horizon. In a case like that, the rebound will be quick.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:37 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,170,599 times
I disagree completely. Women wait to dump a man until they are so disgusted and over him that they drive their own interest level so far down that there's no chance she would ever love him again, so when she finally drops him, he probably didn't see it coming and she's already over it.

Men on the otherhand will dump women while their still on the fence about it. So if he's unsure if he loves a woman, there's a chance he'll dump her and it'll be hard for him to get over because part of him still cares for her.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:14 PM

951 posts, read 1,813,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Males tend to move on faster than females from failed relationships, anyone disagree?
You'll need to define a "failed relationship". Six months of dating? A 28 year marriage, with 3 grown children?

The ability to "move on" is likely most dependant on the ability to do so successfully. Women usually have a distinct edge in their 20s (unless they are far less attractive than their ex or have kids) and men have the advantage as they get older. (unless they were totally financially destroyed in a divorce - even then some women will pick them up and dust them off)

After a long marriage, many divorced women, never move on.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:20 PM

7,004 posts, read 21,363,511 times
Disagree.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:45 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,994,169 times
disagree!

Old 10-21-2009, 12:58 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,716,615 times
No idea. I don't take notice.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:10 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,420,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
I disagree completely. Women wait to dump a man until they are so disgusted and over him that they drive their own interest level so far down that there's no chance she would ever love him again, so when she finally drops him, he probably didn't see it coming and she's already over it.

Men on the otherhand will dump women while their still on the fence about it. So if he's unsure if he loves a woman, there's a chance he'll dump her and it'll be hard for him to get over because part of him still cares for her.
you nailed it! the women you described are my friends, and the man you described is my ex to a t...gross..in fact this last time he dumped me, I told him he'd be back but I won't be here this time...I've never given anyone or even him, the "you'll be back" statement before..you just learn people's habits I guess. and men are getting more and more predictable..lol. and they say men are confusing...no..I'm a woman and I think men are easy .

whoever said men don't like to be alone are for the most part wrong. most men I know love their space so being alone only gets old for them after a very long time, especially once their friends drop like flies. I'm kind of the same way. I value my space, but now that my friends are dropping like flies, I feel this huge pressure to get married..but I have to ignore it because I'm also in no hurry to marry potentially the wrong man. I've also come across men who are oddly needy. it appears girly to me..I run away from those men.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:28 PM

850 posts, read 1,548,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Males tend to move on faster than females from failed relationships, anyone disagree?
It's toss up really. No one wants to be alone and that is evident when a person doesn't let the "current baggage settle" and drag it along with them to the next relationship. The next person only ends up getting sh-- on because if your last relationship ended badly, then you carry some type of resentment to the next person for whatever reason. We have all done it!

If I even knew that a person just broke up, is separated or newly divorced..I am already running . I don't ever want to be someone's rebound, desperate for some weenie or p---y or I just don't want to be alone, type of of approach. F---k that!

Resolve your past issues and give yourself time to just be alone and correct whatever it is about you so the next person coming your way doesn't get the brunt of it. Start all over for the rights reasons and not the wrong.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:20 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,345,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Right. I've heard it said that a guy won't break up with his girlfriend unless there's another prospect on the horizon. In a case like that, the rebound will be quick.
Sure seems to have been that way in my life. Before I was even dumped, my exes had someone waiting in the wings

I do think guys move on quicker than women, in general. Of course there will be exceptions, but since men seem to have more power when it comes to asking out members of the opposite sex, that's been my experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships