Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 11:49 PM

888 posts, read 887,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
If he has any anxiety about how to invest his surplus cash, marriage will remove this problem.
LOL, great post

as someone who works in the financial industry, I must give a shout out to women who are responsible for more than half of this country's GDP...

if it were not for women, this recession would be A LOT worse... LOL
the shoe supply would be just enormous...
we'd have to convert the shoes into gasoline for the cars!!!!

I guess being a spender is good for something...
maybe I should call it "trading with the vendors"
or women help with "cash circulation"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 11:50 PM

3,786 posts, read 5,331,294 times
When the testosterone levels begin to drop, what you have left is companionship. And that is worth marrying for. I know too many lonely older singles to downplay companionship.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Hmm...maybe to spend the rest of his life with a woman he loves? Have a family, someone to be there for him in time of need? Being taken care of emotionally and physically?
Although, in all fairness, I'm describing a happy marriage here...it doesn't always work out that way, but this is the chance we take when we sign those papers - both men and women alike.
you don't have to be married to do this

Old 11-11-2009, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
When the testosterone levels begin to drop, what you have left is companionship. And that is worth marrying for. I know too many lonely older singles to downplay companionship.
you don't need marriage to have companionship... you just need commitment, and you don't have to be married to have commitment... you just have to make the choice to commit.

Old 11-11-2009, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Creating a family unit is why people get married. It's for strength, security, mental and emotional stability, child rearing, and all that jazz. If that isn't a goal for you then don't get married.
you can do all that without getting married... like many other developed countries do...

oh.. but we are Americans, we know best, right?

Old 11-11-2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Without going into too much detail, my sister was taken to the cleaners by her soon-to-be ex-husband. She's gone through bankruptcy (because of his failed business), her home is now in foreclosure, but her husband is living there for free while she had to move out, but yet she's still responsible for the home.

And the kicker...the bastard wants her to keep him on her insurance for the next year. (What I don't get is that my sister's lawyer thinks she should keep him on her insurance so that it puts her in a good light with the judge. As if she hasn't done enough for the man. )

Ugh! I hate when men assume that the woman always makes out in marriage. I know plenty of women who didn't fair so well in marriage.

To be fair, most women do poorly after a divorce, that is why they are so adamant in getting a large amount of cash...

Old 11-11-2009, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Marriage means different things depending on a mans age. At an early age it is the chance to have a wonderful life partner, raise kids and build a future with someone who is your best friend.

As a man in his mid 50's, I doubt if I would get remarried if something happened to the better half. At this age life is very good, I am confident and secure in who I am and most importantly single women really start to out number single guys big time.
in the early age, you don't have to get married to have a onwderful life partner, you just have to have a commitment.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
Gosh, the bitterness here. Just because YOU had a bad marriage doesn't mean everyone does or will. (directed at the general public, no one specific).

There are nice guys and gals out here, and complete idiots/users.

Some men WANT to get married because they love the woman and want her to have his name, be a part of his life forever. It's not about her taking him to the cleaners or that she will run off with his buddies if they don't get the piece of paper.

Yeah, every gal out there is looking for some sucker to be her sugar daddy so she can turn into a cougar at 45 and find a young hot 25 year old...

Mediocre post...
men get married because they want the woman to have the man's name?
g i v e m e a b r e a k ! ! ! ! !
you can be a part of a woman's life forever without getting married

"honey... I want you to have my name...so we should be married"

Old 11-12-2009, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yeah, there was such a thread, but those who called bullbleep had flawed reasoning. I remember that very scenario happening to a good friend of mine - his drug-addict "wife" had an affair with his best friend and then filed divorce, and he got royally screwed. She got the house and the kids, and he lives in a rented room. So, yes, they both got screwed, he by the court and she by the man with whom she had an affair. Under these circumstances, it benefits the man not one iota to be married.
my friend is now sleeping on the couch of another friend...
he was laid off from his 250K/year investment banking job... we told him that his wife was a witch, but he went ahead and spent 75K on a ring, because she was hot...
well, he came home and caught her doing the pool guy, I know it sounds so cliché, but that's the GA truth.
she divorced HIM!
and she took everything, including the house with the pool.
the pool guy sleeps over there, and the husband who funds her lifestyle is sleeping on the couch.
the couch is in Newport Beach, but still...

Old 11-12-2009, 12:10 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDaysCopenhagenSkoal View Post
my friend is now sleeping on the couch of another friend...
he was laid off from his 250K/year investment banking job... we told him that his wife was a witch, but he went ahead and spent 75K on a ring, because she was hot...
well, he came home and caught her doing the pool guy, I know it sounds so cliché, but that's the GA truth.
she divorced HIM!
and she took everything, including the house with the pool.
the pool guy sleeps over there, and the husband who funds her lifestyle is sleeping on the couch.
the couch is in Newport Beach, but still...
cali would be minus one pool guy..............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships