Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 12:42 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times

Advertisements

its on a timer guy, you do the reverse frog syndrome in 24 months. she used to think you were a prince now she thinks you are a frog.
sex and marriage have no correlation you only find this out later in life often when it is too late. for the fortunate few that survive the gauntlet called divorce, we are stunned to find out that sex with a girlfriend is great and stays great.
its the difference between a temp and a perm, attitude and effort changes when job status changes. women are motivated by a hugh prize around the corner if they already got the brass ring they lose interest. if its a girlfriend she might break up with you for a few weeks but then realizes you were pretty good and generous with her and then you look like a prince again.
this never happens in marriage, she divorces gets some cash and moves on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 01:34 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,506 times
IMO when intimacy stops then the relationship is dead and you're just roomates running on sheer momentum and habit. In that case it's time to exit. The upside is nothing makes a woman be more giving in the bedroom when faced with the door to a relationship. When you explain your position as "we're not a good match" and she questions what you mean by that, simply explain how one of your measures of a healthy relationship is by acts of intimacy as sex is something you highly value in a relationship. Regardless of your ideas on that part, this next part most people I think will agree on: relationships should grow stronger over time. Calling back to the sex part it should stand to reason that your sex life should not wane, but in fact become much better as the relationship goes on. My stance is if things are waning in the bedroom then it's a sign of a dying relationship and it's time to cut your losses. This conversation will go one of two ways. It'll either stun, shock, and get her fighting for you to reconsider thus resulting in a huge increase in sex, or she could agree and then you do in fact split. And the upside there is you can go out and find someone you are in fact a good match for. IMO it's a win-win.

Last edited by Nutz76; 11-30-2009 at 01:55 AM..

Old 11-30-2009, 01:43 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
IMO when intimacy stops then the relationship is dead and you're just roomates running on sheer momentum and habit. In that case it's time to exit. The upside is nothing makes a woman be more giving in the bedroom when faced with the door to a relationship. When you explain your position as "we're not a good match" and she questions what you mean by that, simply explain how your measure of a healthy reltionship is measured by acts of intimacy. Relationships should grow stronger over time, including action in the bedroom. If things are waning then it's a sign of a dying relationship and it's time to cut your losses. This conversation will go one of two ways. It'll either stun, shock, and get her fighting for you to reconsider resulting in a huge increase in sex, or she could agree and then you do in fact split. And the upside there is you can go out and find someone you are in fact a good match for. IMO it's a win-win.
I would hope, if you are married, you would give your spouse some respect and time and look for reasons why before laying down the "we're not a good match" law. It's not all good sex all the time, life is hard and it takes an emotional, mental and physical toll on everyone. A longterm/lifetime relationship IS going to have dry spells. Understand that or don't marry. Seriously...there is more than sex at stake.

Old 11-30-2009, 01:43 AM

519 posts, read 1,049,818 times
We've been together 7 years and this was my result

Sex is alive and well. A few little things done to enhance things further often bring large rewards. Focus on deepening your emotional connection with your partner while you’re making love. Eyes-open sex can make a difference, especially if you take it all the way to having eyes-open orgasms. When that happens, you won’t be yawning through another ho-hum orgasm on your way to sleep!

YAY!

But I knew that. Like you all said - who needs a quiz?
I mostly did it to see what the questions would be. Curiousity.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:12 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I would hope, if you are married, you would give your spouse some respect and time and look for reasons why before laying down the "we're not a good match" law. It's not all good sex all the time, life is hard and it takes an emotional, mental and physical toll on everyone. A longterm/lifetime relationship IS going to have dry spells. Understand that or don't marry. Seriously...there is more than sex at stake.
I did just that. We did a trial separation and that actually got the sex going again--had more action after 3 or 4 months apart than in months prior to the spit. Things fell into old habits again when she moved back in though so we called it quits a second time and never got back together.

Anyway, one of my qualifiers for women is they have to value sex or it's not going to work. If I ever did get married again I'd have to quote one of the comments on this article about communicating goals:

Relationships Kill Sex « Roissy in DC

Quote:
Young couple thinking of getting married:

Girl: So, what is it that you are wanting and expecting out of marriage?
Guy: Well, one, if you decide to lose weight for our weeding guests, then you can keep that weight off for me. I am more important than they are. And, two, the amount of hair-pulling, ass-spanking, hot monkey sex we have should increase throughout the marriage. It should not decrease. Our love is supposed to grow. You can use c*ck-worshiping blowjobs as your basic metric.
Girl: Oh.

The old roles for Husband and Wife are gone. Any young couple that does not talk about exactly what they want out of marriage is playing with fire.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:25 AM

137 posts, read 233,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
Anyway, one of my qualifiers for women is they have to value sex or it's not going to work. If I ever did get married again I'd have to quote one of the comments on this article about communicating goals:
When you get into a marriage you generally think it's a lifetime thing. Keeping this in mind, a lifetime is a looooong time. During that time, sex will become better, worse, sometimes non-existent, then come back again and so on. Think of it as the seasons of the year. Just like Urban said in a previous post, sometimes marriage needs a bit of work, but usually it pays off big time. Also keep in mind that most men are bothered by their women letting themselves go as weight or becoming more naggy...but few of them realize that they, themselves start leaving dirty sox and underwear around the house, and change a whole lot comparing to how they were when they were dating. They somehow seem to think that it's manly and normal to do that (like sitting in shorts with no shirt on with a beer belly chewing popcorn), and because of the way they were raised some women think it's normal too (their dad, neighbour, brother and so on did it, it's just how a man 'is'). Then they wonder why their sex drives go to hell. Well, however normal that behaviour might be, it's just as attractive for a woman as a woman in large pants with a dirty t-shirt smelling like sweat is for a man. Both for men and women...want your sex life back and exciting? Try being more of what you were when you were single. Intimacy is an awesome thing when it comes to sharing thoughts and feelings and plans and love. But it's crap when it comes to sharing the same old boring stuff over and over or bad hygene or silly habits.

Threatening to leave...will get you just about anything from your mate...for a short period of time that is. Simply because they will only give for as long as they feel 'in danger'. Obviously, that's not a solution to anything, and if the person in case is already pressured by being asked for sex very often, they'll grow to hate it with that person even more.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:31 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,645,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Could somebody please enlighten me why anybody would need a quiz in order to figure out he/she is in a sexless marriage...?
Well said! (round of applause) LOL I think I need to take a test to see if I should be working today LOL

Old 11-30-2009, 11:57 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
I'm not an expert by any means but it seems to me if you expect sex action to increase with the length of a marriage you are already doomed. As far as weight goes, there is a reason women pack on some extra lbs after childbirth, aging and menopause. I'm not excusing obese but again, if you can't accept that physical reality then just get used to pleasuring yourself by yourself. Nobody wants to feel that their worth, and their mates value of them, are measured only by how well they can stave off the weight/aging process or how monkey-hot they can continue to make the sex. Thats not family or comittment, that's some dudes wet dream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships