Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 12:37 AM

378 posts, read 1,206,978 times

Advertisements

I'm 40, and dating a 27 year old! I feel pretty lucky but at the same time, I don't put up with any b.s. from him. My 2 closest friends are married to younger men, and don't think the age difference is too much. I've only had a few negative comments from others. If you find a person that you enjoy being around, go for it! I don't think age difference really matters once you get to be about mid twenties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 12:57 AM

2,382 posts, read 4,591,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
I've discovered something lately; I think i'm starting to like women in their 40s. I think they're looking hot, i don't know why.

Now, I am 30 years of age. Would the average 40-something woman mind dating somebody 10 or so years her junior? Would her friends tease her, or be supportive?
I'm 40 and while I generally stick to men around my own age, I am not opposed to someone 10 years younger. As long as the maturity level was up there and we were at similar points in our lives (especially when it comes to having children)...I'd have no problem with it. I think I'd probably have some friends giving me crap but they'd still be supportive.

Old 12-03-2009, 02:08 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
I'm sorry to hear that Sammy.

Some older guys are attractive. Have you seen Lance Armstrong? He is steamy. Isn't he?

Old 12-03-2009, 06:18 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
I've discovered something lately; I think i'm starting to like women in their 40s. I think they're looking hot, i don't know why.

Now, I am 30 years of age. Would the average 40-something woman mind dating somebody 10 or so years her junior? Would her friends tease her, or be supportive?
To answer your question. I'm a woman who will be turning 40 in a few months. Yes, women in their 40's do date men in their 30's or as you put it, 10 years younger. I'm currently in a relationship with a man 7 years my junior and have always been attracted to younger men.

Old 12-03-2009, 06:49 AM

1,988 posts, read 5,385,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbean View Post
I don't think age difference really matters once you get to be about mid twenties.
I agree with this.
My SO is 8 years younger than me. No one has said anything to either of us about it in the 9 years we've been together. Most people claim that they can't tell by looking at us that there is much of an age difference. (I'm 41, and he is 33).

Old 12-03-2009, 07:09 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
It was a 40 something woman who invented the term "Get 'em young and train 'em right"

Old 12-03-2009, 07:46 AM

1,126 posts, read 2,692,902 times
This has a lot to do with all the MILF/cougar/whatever fetish. However, most of the "cubs" only look for FWB fun, either because they have fantasies about old women or because they find them "more willing" than girls their age.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:22 AM

2,382 posts, read 4,591,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasdrubal View Post
This has a lot to do with all the MILF/cougar/whatever fetish. However, most of the "cubs" only look for FWB fun, either because they have fantasies about old women or because they find them "more willing" than girls their age.
"Old" women? Geez, you make it sound like 40-year-olds have one foot in the grave already.

And while the MILF/cougar/whatever fetish might apply to some, it doesn't apply to all. I know it's a strange concept to some, but sometimes people are in relationships because they are compatible and enjoy being together and it has nothing to do with having a fetish. *gasp* I know! Can you believe it?

Old 12-03-2009, 08:35 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,284,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasdrubal View Post

What is "This" ? Are you belittling this guy's changing tastes? And you may be one of the shallow "cubs" - but in reality you speak only for yourself. In fact, you sound rather bitter

Samston, fortunately the ridiculous stereotypes and double standards are falling and there are a lot of older women-younger men couples. You'll be in good company.

Some women prefer younger men, some older, and some disregard age completely. At the end of the day that is what makes most sense - seeing people and appreciating them for their personalities rather than the date on their birth certificate.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:47 AM

1,126 posts, read 2,692,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
"Old" women? Geez, you make it sound like 40-year-olds have one foot in the grave already.

And while the MILF/cougar/whatever fetish might apply to some, it doesn't apply to all. I know it's a strange concept to some, but sometimes people are in relationships because they are compatible and enjoy being together and it has nothing to do with having a fetish. *gasp* I know! Can you believe it?

sorry, I mispelled it. I wantedt o say "older than their age"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships